AccessVegas.com Insider Vibe
Serving Las Vegas Visitors and Residents Since 1999
Welcome to the Insider Vibe! This is the official newsletter of AccessVegas.Com. We talk about the Las Vegas activities you really care about.
Need to contact us? Send feedback to
Missed an issue? Click to Read Back Issues Online.
AccessVegas.com Quick Info Menu:
Las Vegas Essentials
Las Vegas Events
- Football Specials Las Vegas 2012
- Halloween Las Vegas 2012
- Veteran’s Day Las Vegas 2012
- Rodeo Events Las Vegas 2012
- Christmas Las Vegas 2012
- New Year’s Eve Las Vegas 2012
Hyde Bellagio Honors National Breast Cancer Awareness Month With ‘Bella Pink’ Liquid Nitrogen Cocktail – Hyde Bellagio will honor National Breast Cancer Awareness Month by donating a portion of the proceeds from the sale of each specialty Bella Pink cocktail to the American Cancer Society.
- Full story/details/info: Hyde Bellagio Honors National Breast Cancer Awareness Month
MGM Grand Invites Professional Bull Riders Finals Fans For Drink Specials And Live Entertainment – The Top 39 world’s bull riders will take over Las Vegas for the 2012 Professional Bull Riding (PBR) Built Ford Tough Series World Finals from October 22 to October 28, 2012 along with a week of bull riding-themed activities. MGM Grand Hotel & Casino, the “Home of Champions,” is the Official Host Hotel of the event.
- Full story/details/info: MGM Grand Invites Professional Bull Riders Finals Fans
- Buy Tickets Now: Professional Bull Riders
Tacos & Tequila Las Vegas Presents Ghostly Halloween Menu Treats – Chef Saul Ortiz added new goodies to Tacos & Tequila (T&T) inside Luxor Hotel and Casino menu for the spooky holiday from October 26 to November 4.
In honor of the All Hallow’s Eve, T&T will unveil the wickedly delicious concoction; Devil’s Kiss Martini, rimmed with chocolate and mixed with Patron XO, Stoli vanilla vodka, cream and amaretto. The newest cocktail is priced at $12 and exclusively available in the entire month of October.
Haunting new appetizers will definitely spice things up including all-new ghost pepper salsa made with ghost peppers, peeled tomatillos, roasted tomatoes and garlic served with a basket of fresh tortilla chips for $3.
- Full story/details/info: Tacos & Tequila Presents Ghostly Halloween Menu Treats
Public House Introduces Barstool Lunch Specials At Luxor Hotel And Casino – Barstool Lunch specials at Public House Las Vegas inside Luxor Hotel and Casino offers a tasty lunch combination different from the average lunchtime routine. The specials include a choice of one of the restaurant’s gourmet sandwiches and an ice cold Bud or Bud Light for $16. The specials are available from Monday through Thursday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Full story/details/info: Public House Introduces Barstool Lunch Specials At Luxor
Heartland Grill Debuts At Stratosphere With Cowboy Chic Comfort Food – Stratosphere Casino, Hotel & Tower unveils the grand opening of an original concept – a grill-restaurant in a sleek yet cozy “cowboy chic” atmosphere, McCall’s Heartland Grill. The restaurant offers fresh coastal seafood, hearty Midwestern-style steaks and an array of creative comfort food. It also features intimate booths, natural woods and stacked stone.
- Full story/details/info: Heartland Grill Debuts At Stratosphere
Glittering Lights at Las Vegas Motor Speedway Announce Sponsors Participating in the 2012 Holiday Season – Glittering Lights announces its sponsors from a dozen of local and national organizations for the Las Vegas’ largest regional light show for the 2012 Holiday Season. Glittering Lights, the holiday drive-through spectacular at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, will be open every night beginning November 16, 2012 to January 6, 2013, Monday through Thursday from 5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. and Friday through Sunday from 5:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Full story/details/info: Glittering Lights 2012
Sugar Factory Offers Lavish Prix Fixe Menu On New Years Eve – Executive Chef Michael Piekarski made a special four-course menu in celebration of the arrival of the New Year on December 31, 2012 at Sugar Factory American Brasserie inside Paris Las Vegas.
New Year’s Eve prix fixe menu of Sugar Factory will be available at two different dining locations within the venue. Priced at $150, guests can have their dinner in the dining room. For breathtaking views of the Bellagio fountains, guests can dine in the outdoor seating on the patio priced at $250. The menu will be served at 7:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. The standard menu and seating of the American brasserie will proceed after midnight to continue the festivities.
- Full story/details/info: Sugar Factory Offers Lavish Prix Fixe Menu On New Years Eve
Maverick Silver Cloud Grand Canyon Tour – Birds eye view of Lake Mead and Hoover Dam. Get a close look at the extinct volcano Fortification Hill. Keep an eye out for wildlife along the way. Fly back through the Grand Canyon on your way to the Bowl of Fire full of flaming red rock formations. Conclude your journey with an exciting flight between the hotels on the Las Vegas Strip!
Click To Book Maverick Silver Cloud Grand Canyon Tour Now!
Las Vegas Show Reviews
Rod Stewart by Sarah Jane Woodall
Young At Heart With Energy To Spare, Rod Stewart’s Performance Doesn’t Disappoint – Vegas once had a reputation as the place where popular entertainers go to die – the stereotype of the fat, faded star languishing in a leisure suit, warbling golden oldies in a lounge was sadly appropriate as little as ten years ago. The town has since gone through something of a rebirth, with currently popular acts making regular stops here – though we still get our fair share of the classics. Rod Stewart is one of these regularly appearing classic rock idols – but his show is about as far from the leisure suit/lounge shtick as you can get.
Kevin Burke: Mind Blowing Comedy by Terri D’Richards
Kevin Burke: Mind-Blowing Comedy Brings Hilarity To Hooters – Armed with a deck of cards, a sharp wit and a staple gun, Kevin Burke wages war on generic comedy show formats, creating his own unique hybrid style by reaching into a large bag of comedic/clairvoyant tricks in order to amuse on more than one level. The self-declared “world’s only psychic comedian” makes good use of an intimate venue, interacting with his audience and keeping the proceedings casual. His relaxed demeanor belies an ambitious schedule, performing “Mind Blowing Comedy” at Hooters Hotel Casino, as well as starring in the solo comedy Defending the Caveman on the Strip at Harrah’s.
- Read Entire Kevin Burke: Mind Blowing Comedy Review
- Kevin Burke: Mind Blowing Comedy Las Vegas tickets, video, and info
Newkirk’s Notes – comments on Las Vegas from AccessVegas.Com publisher Ted Newkirk:
Ted is taking a few days off for his birthday and to spend time with out-of-town family. He’ll return next week, and notes that Members Mania will indeed return in November.
Enjoy this issue as prepared by staff.
Associate Editor / News Researcher: Rick Ziegler
Concerts and Headliners: Amy Rayner-Cooley
What We’re Watching – Vegas Videos You’ll Enjoy
- Golden Gate Hotel Casino New Look – If you have not been downtown since the Golden Gate finished their makeover, we have a peak at what to expect.
- Golden Gate Casino – Las Vegas’ most historic hotel and casino. Ever wonder what Vegas was like in the roaring 20s… or the rat pack era? Check out the Golden Gate Hotel & Casino.
- Excalibur Hotel Las Vegas Opening Day 1990 – Excalibur Hotel, Opening Day June 19, 1990. Coverage from KTNV Las Vegas Channel 13. Lots of excitement and historical footage, including the first couple to be married at the Excalibur wedding chapel.
We love to hear from you, and value your feedback! Here’s how to participate:
- Want to comment on a current reader post? Use the comment box on that particular web page. Many of the stories we post also have comment boxes at the end of the story. Make your voice heard!
- Drop us an email at AccessVegas@AccessVegas.com – We read them all!
- Call our recorded comment line at 702-507-0055. We listen to every call.
Latest Concerts Added This Week!
There is no better place to see your favorite acts then in Las Vegas! You’re relaxed, can enjoy a fine meal, have some cocktails without the worry of driving, and no alarm is going to jar you awake all too early the next morning.
- ARTIST(space dash space)DATE(space)Click for Tickets
- Mark Chesnutt – November 2, 2012 Click for Tickets
- Caspa – November 3, 2012 Click for Tickets
- Sawyer Brown – November 17, 2012 Click for Tickets
- Train – December 2, 2012 Click for Tickets
- ZZ Top – December 5 & 7, 2012 Click for Tickets
- Brad Garrett, Don Barnhart, Vargus Mason & Paul Ogata – December 28-30, 2012 Click for Tickets
- Good Vs. Evil: Anthony Bourdain & Eric Ripert – February 9, 2013 Click for Tickets
- Maroon 5, Neon Trees, Owl City – March 16, 2013 Click for Tickets
- Muse – March 17, 2013 Click for Tickets
More Las Vegas News – Shows – Events
- Nove Italiano Offers New Family-Style Dining And Wine Experience
- PBR World Finals Launch With Heroes & Legends Induction Followed By A Week Of Bull-Riding Events
- PBR Rock Bar Shows Support For Rider Relief Fund With Open Bar During PBR World Finals
- Big Elvis Seems like He Likes His New Digs (with video)
- KISS By Monster Mini Golf Hosting Crazy, Crazy Nights Pajama Party on Halloween
- Trevi Offers A Spooky Treat For Halloween With Candy Corn Gelato
- Selected Restaurants Offer Halloween Week Specials And Events
- Famous Cigar Making Family Fuente Celebrates 100 Years With Casa Fuente Celebration
- More Indulgence For Half The Price At N9NE Steakhouse
- Neon Museum opens its doors with powerful stories and spellbinding artifacts
- 5 things to do for free when you visit Las Vegas
- Allegiant Air, Las Vegas-Based Airline, Makes Ticket Prices A Gamble
- Vintage Neon Signs and the Neon Museum
- Horror director opens a ‘GORETORIUM’ in Las Vegas
- Royal Links Brings Scotland’s Most Famous [Golf] Holes to Las Vegas
- ‘Vegas’ series premiere: Are you all in on CBS’ new drama?
- Denny’s Opening In Downtown In November
- Conde Nast readers pick Wynn as the cityÆs top resort
- Riviera issues low-price guarantee for conventions and meetings
- Hospitality industry served ideas to improve customer service
- Drive-thru weddings not your style? Vegas does classy, too
- æWhat happens hereÆ has been a hit everywhere
- Las Vegas villa rents for $40,000 a night, includes private glass elevator
- Bauman Rare Books pays homage to past U.S. presidents
- Society of Seven’s magic formula: serious singing plus silly wigs
- æOpened at a bad moment,Æ CityCenter surviving in still-struggling Las Vegas
- Excalibur trims bell desk, valet parking staff, citing lower guest demand
- Thinking of cheating? The casinos know these tricks
- Pardee buyers Living Smart at Eldorado
- KB rings in the new at Inspirada
- Las Vegas company pushes mobile wallet expansion
- Nevada casinos get split ruling in comp meal tax dispute
- How to design a casino table game thatÆs a worldwide hit