AccessVegas.com Insider Vibe
Serving Las Vegas Visitors and Residents Since 1999
Welcome to the Insider Vibe! This is the official newsletter of AccessVegas.Com. We talk about the Las Vegas activities you really care about.
Need to contact us? Send feedback to
Missed an issue? Click to Read Back Issues Online.
AccessVegas.com Quick Info Menu:
Las Vegas Essentials
Las Vegas Events
- Football Specials Las Vegas 2012
- Halloween Las Vegas 2012
- Veteran’s Day Las Vegas 2012
- Rodeo Events Las Vegas 2012
- Christmas Las Vegas 2012
- New Year’s Eve Las Vegas 2012
Palms Casino ResortÆs Ultra-Chic Renovated Rooms Now Available – $50 Million Transformation Continues – Palms Casino Resort is changing its look with a lavish redesign of all 428 rooms in the Palms Tower. The $50 million renovation includes the remodeled ultra-chic rooms, re-imagined gaming spaces and new culinary options. Guest booking is now available.
- Full story/details/info: Palms Renovated Rooms Now Available
Flamingo Wildlife Habitat Welcomes Rescued Brown Pelicans – Two brown pelicans were introduced into their new home at the Wildlife Habitat at Flamingo Las Vegas by the Pacific Wildlife Project. Flamingo adopted the pelicans ôBugsyö and ôVirginia,ö one male and one female, after being entangled by fishing lines which made the birds injured and flightless.
The new inhabitantÆs home has undergone renovations including repairing and repainting as well as installing a dock structure which will serve as a perching area for the pelicans. The Wildlife Habitat was originally home to a colony of penguins and replanting of lush greenery is on its way. It has two presentations every day at 8:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. and the free attraction is open 24 hours a day.
- Full story/details/info: Rescued Brown Pelicans
MGM Grand Marks Completion Of $160 Million Room And Suite Remodel – MGM Grand marks its major milestone as it announced today the completion of the resortÆs ôGrand Renovation.ö The $160 million room and suite remodel, which began in October 2011, includes 3,570 Grand King and Queen guest rooms as well as 642 suites of varying types.
- Full story/details/info: MGM Grand Marks Completion Of $160 Million Room And Suite Remodel
Join Bon App╔tit for an incredible wine pairing menu at Bellagio Epicurean Epicenter Dinner Saturday – The BellagioÆs 2012 Epicurean Epicenter Series will conclude on Saturday, November 10, 2012 at 6:30 p.m. in Tuscany Kitchen with the single-vineyard Chardonnay and Pinot Noir Wines from Patz & Hall Winery accompanied by the decadent cuisine of Bellagio Executive Chef Edmund Wong. Bon AppÚtit magazine showcases the Patz & Hall wine dinner featuring single-vineyard Chardonnay and Pinot Noir wines along with the menu created by Bellagio Executive Chef Edmund Wong and Director of Wine and Master Sommelier Jason Smith.
- Full story/details/info: Epicurean Epicenter Dinner
Hubert Keller Unveils New Cookbook At Special Dinner November 2, 2012 – Celebrity Chef Hubert Keller invites guests to immerse themselves in the personal stories and recipes of his culinary journey through his new cookbook, ôSouvenirs: Stories & Recipes From My Life.ö The book follows Keller as he navigates the culinary waters of France, South America, the United States and beyond through fun anecdotes and stunning photography.
- Full story/details/info: Hubert Keller Unveils New Cookbook
Trevi Las Vegas Offers Italian Pasta Trio Special Price On October 25, 2012 – Pasta lovers will unite on World Pasta Day as TREVI inside The Forum Shops at Caesars honors the special day with a delicious Italian pasta trio entrÚe exclusively on Thursday, Oct. 25.
Chef Peter Scaturro will prepare a pasta trio complete with some of TREVIÆs most popular selections, priced at just $10 for the hearty holiday.
- Full story/details/info: Trevi Offers Italian Pasta Trio
Garth Brooks Concludes A Three Year Run at Wynn Las Vegas November 17, 2012 – The final performance date of Garth Brooks at Wynn Las Vegas will be Nov. 17, 2012. The show called by Las Vegas Weekly as “the best thing on any Vegas stageà EVER,” has been running since Dec 2009.
“I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Wynn,” said Garth Brooks. “Mr. Wynn told me that the Wynn audiences were some of the best in the world and he was right. As for Steve Wynn, he is one of the smartest guys I have ever had the pleasure of talking to or listening to. He does everything top notch and is the easiest and best boss I have ever worked forà..I just love him!”
- Full story/details/info: Garth Brooks Concludes A Three Year Run
Senor Frog’s Celebrates Football Season With Food And Drink Specials – Se±or FrogÆs Las Vegas inside Treasure Island Hotel & Casino will make football fans ôfroggyö in the season long game with food and drink specials. Every Thursday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday tailgate eats and $25 tubs of Sol beer ponies are featured on the upper level of the hoppinÆ restaurant and party bar.
- Full story/details/info: Senor Frog’s Football Season Food And Drink Specials
Guns And Ammo Garage And The Mob Museum Create The Ultimate Mobster Adventure – æVegas Mob TourÆ package lets guests shoot high-powered guns and experience the history inside The Mob Museum. Guns and Ammo Garage has partnered with The Mob Museum in downtown Las Vegas to create the Vegas Mob Tour package, an adrenaline- and history-based adventure where guests can be a wiseguy for a day. The package includes shooting a variety of guns from the 1920s in Guns and Ammo GarageÆs state-of-the-art, indoor shooting range, followed by an in-depth look at the history between law enforcement and organized crime with a tour at The Mob Museum.
- Full story/details/info: The Ultimate Mobster Adventure
Hash House A Go Go Creates A Cake For The Cure Pancake To Benefit Susan G. Komen 3-Day Walk Team – Hash House A Go Go supports many Las Vegans who will be participating in Susan G. Komen 3-Day Walk in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. For every ÆCake for the Cure pancake sold in the entire month of October, the restaurants will be donating $1 to the fundraising efforts.
- Full story/details/info: Hash House A Go Go Creates A Cake For The Cure Pancake
Javier’s Joins Aria Restaurant Line-Up With Authentic Mexican Fare And Atmosphere – JavierÆs, Southern California hotspot, is now open at ARIA Resort & Casino. JavierÆs will definitely fulfill the culinary niche for the Las Vegas guests with its regionally inspired cuisine. Its intriguing and warm design provides CityCenter a spirit of Mexican grandeur.
Co-Founder Javier Sosa said, ôThe dishes we present at JavierÆs are derived from generations upon generations of my familyÆs recipes. You will not find Mexican flavor like this anywhere else in Vegas.” A testament to JavierÆs commitment to tradition and excellence, nearly 200 restaurantÆs employees underwent extensive training overseen by Sosa himself.
- Full story/details/info: Javier’s Joins Aria Restaurant Line-Up
Rice & Company Celebrates Sushi During November Special With Prix-Fixe Menu – Rice & Company at Luxor Hotel and Casino will celebrate National Sushi Day, Thursday, November 1, 2012 by offering a month-long prix-fixe menu. For $38 per person sushi enthusiasts can enjoy four-course menu throughout the month of November.
- Full story/details/info: Rice & Company Celebrates Sush During November
ôDa Vinci û The Geniusö Extends Las Vegas Engagement Through January 2013 – Da Vinci û The Genius is extending its Las Vegas Engagement, by popular demand, until January 2013. The exhibition has brought a new life in the emerging arts scene of Las Vegas since the world debut of Leonardo da VinciÆs new work and the enlightening ôSecrets of Mona Lisa.ö Da Vinci û The Genius is presented by Imagine Exhibitions at The Venetian.
- Full story/details/info: ôDa Vinci û The Geniusö Extends Engagement.
Comme Ãa Offers A French Twist to Happy Hour – Comme Ãa patrons will experience daily happy hour available exclusively in the French brasserieÆs bar and lounge. Specialty dishes are 50% off as well as the cocktails from the happy hour menu. Comme Ãa is located inside The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas. Guests can enjoy the happy hour from Monday to Thursday from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. and from Friday to Saturday from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Full story/details/info: Comme Ãa Offers A French Twist to Happy Hour
Legends In Concert Las Vegas Showcases Magical Holiday Lineup – Legends in Concert is back once again for its annual holiday performances starting Nov. 23. The concert will fill Las Vegas strip the holly jolly spirit until Dec. 25.
The 90-minute holiday performance features superstar tribute artists including Adele, Justin Timberlake, Barry White, Whitney Houston, the Blues Brothers and Elvis. Audience will enjoy the chart-topping hits of the celebrities that lead to their stardom. Few heart-warming holiday favorites will be performed including ôOh Holy Night,ö ôWhite Christmas,ö ôThe Grinchö and more. Audience will bring home the spirit of the season with the final performance nightly with the grand cast finale. A stunning tribute to the Trans-Siberian OrchestraÆs ôChristmas Eve in Sarajevoö (ôCarol of the Bellsö) will also conclude the holiday spectacular.
- Full story/details/info: Legends In Concert Showcases Magical Holiday Lineup
- Buy Tickets Now: Legends In Concert
Sugar Factory Chocolate Lounge And Wine Bar Unveils Fall Selections – The Chocolate Lounge & Wine Bar reveals new chocolate selections for fall featuring an array of distinctive wine and chocolate varieties from around the world. The Chocolate Lounge & Wine Bar is located inside Sugar Factory American Brasserie at Paris Las Vegas.
- Full story/details/info: Sugar Factory Unveils Fall Selections
Hyde At Bellagio Presents New Small Plate Early Evening Menu – Hyde Bellagio presents new gourmet small plates to its early evening menu from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. served at fountain-side. The new menu sustains HydeÆs exclusive culinary partnership with neighboring Circo, keeping the popular favorites with the appetizing new bites.
- Full story/details/info: Hyde Presents New Small Plate Early Evening Menu
Las Vegas Strip Helicopter Tours (Day or Night) by Maverick û A Flight Over The Las Vegas Strip. Save time and money. Our Maverick Lights tour with out the Transportation. Spend more time seeing Las Vegas and arrive at our terminal 30 minutes prior to departure time. Reserve your seats today!
Click To Book Las Vegas Strip Helicopter Tours (Day or Night) by Maverick Now!
Las Vegas Show Reviews
George Wallace by Guy Chapman
George Wallace – Pure Comedy Plus Topical Content Makes You “Be Thinkin’ “ – George Wallace has long been known as ôMr. Las Vegasö, as his comedy act has graced the Las Vegas Strip since 2004. Headlining at the Flamingo Resort and Casino, Wallace has delighted packed houses full of fans every night with his interactive audience banter and real world observations. It is for this reason that showgoers will be guaranteed an entertaining and full evening of insightful humor that only ôThe George Wallace Showö can deliver. The pre-show begins inside the spacious Flamingo showroom with a number of clips from WallaceÆs television appearances that help to set the overall tone for the show.
Vegas! The Show by DW Grant
Vegas! The Show! – Step Back In Time To Real Entertainment – From the Neon Grave Yard to The Copa Room to The Planet Hollywood, Vegas! The Show delivers Las Vegas the way it should be.
Vegas! The Show begins appropriately in the Neon Grave Yard and is introduced by Ernie, the janitor, played by the musicalÆs best performer, Eric Jordan Young, rightly called by the critics ôa one man force of natureö and an ôoutsized talent.ö He is definitely more than a force and has the talent to carry this show to its conclusion.
Newkirk’s Notes – comments on Las Vegas from AccessVegas.Compublisher Ted Newkirk:
Hello From Las Vegas! – We’re continuing to bask in ouráIndian Summer although next week we return to our seasonable 70’s with overnights in the 50’s. For many of you from cool weather places, it will feel great. If you are from a warm weather spot and your blood is still a little thin (like mine), long pants and even a light jacket might not be bad to pack for the night.
Two Wheels Battle On – Both the “High Roller and “Sky Vue” observation wheels claim to be moving forward with construction. This among various rumors and questions to the contrary (more so with the Sky Vue). Right now, there isn’t much to look at on either project, but both are saying that construction on key components is underway at spots around the US and around the world. We’ll keep you in the loop, although don’t hold your breath. Completion for both appears to be a good year away.
Sports Bettors, Listen Up! – Our friends at the Vegas Video Network have launched the show “The Odds Couple” airing live at Noon Pacific time on Fridays and then available on demand. Hosted by professional sports bettor Scott Pritchard and headlining comedian Anthony Padilla, this is NOT your typical “give us $50 for our pick of the week” show.
Both are funny guys, but serious about sports, the show originates just steps from the Las Vegas Strip, these guys really do bet the games, and there is no charge to enjoy the show.áCatch it live at noon (Pacific Time) on Vegas Video Network or on-demand at The Odds Couple
Wayne Newton Project Dead – Finger pointing and intensive legal wrangling has forced the attempt to turn Wayne Newton’s Casa de Shenendoah into a “Western Gracelend” where visitors can tour the historic house and ranch into a dead end. Full details at Entity that purchased Wayne Newton’s property placed in bankruptcy
Flamingo Wildlife Habitat Bird Killing – Earlier in this issue, we noted (with photo) how The Flamingo had adopted two rescue birds and how the habitat had been recently upgraded. Unfortunately, this was followed by some very unfortunate news. Two college students visiting the habitatáallegedly went after an exotic African guineafowl, beheaded it, and tossed it around like a frisbee.
- Exotic Bird Decapitated at Las Vegas Casino; Law Students Charged
- Witness: Dead guineafowl tossed around by suspects at Flamingo wildlife habitat
We posted this both on our Twitter and Facebook pages and I think this Facebook comment response from one of our readers T J Mecomber Russi summed it up best:
Honestly I hope they fry the little bastards. These are the kind of people who become serial killers. No wonder they’re going to law school, trying to figure out how to get away with it no doubt. Perhaps with a felony conviction they can explain to their families why the phrase “do you want fries with that” is going to become so important to their futures.
Vegas For (Marital) Cheaters – An adult dating site (which we won’t bother to give publicity to) polled their members and found out that over half of them had cheated in a Las Vegas hotel. They claimed that Las Vegas is economically dependent on suffering marriages and are happy to overlook infidelity. Really? Like no one has ever cheated in any hotel anywhere else?
No question Las Vegas is a great place for romance (and to rekindle one if things are lagging). However, I’ve pretty much had it with people and companies trying to connect themselves with our fair city just to make a splash. I’m sure that if you want to have an illicit tryst, you’ll have no shortage of hotels just about everywhere looking to take your business. Speaking of romance…
12-12-12 Looking To Be Hot Wedding Day – Never one to miss a marketing opportunity, Las Vegas wedding chapels are going nuts with bookings for December 12, 2012. This will be the final of 12 years of this type of number sequence this century (started with January 1, 2001 — 01-01-01). If you or someone you know is thinking about taking the “leap of love in Las Vegas” before the end of this year, book soon. Starting next year, you’ll have to stick to those “mundane” popular wedding days such as New Years Eve, Christmas, and Valentine’s Day.
Members Mania – I believe we’re finally going to bring Members Mania (reader questions and comments) back next issue. I’ve been dealing with getting projects rolling that have their genesis (of the ideas) dating back to the mid-2000’s and we’re finally in a position to move so many things forward. Everything takes time, and we’re a small, independent company. Only so many hours in the day to do so much.
Hope You Are Enjoying This Issue!
Associate Editor / News Researcher: Rick Ziegler
Concerts and Headliners: Amy Rayner-Cooley
What We’re Watching – Vegas Videos You’ll Enjoy
- Blue Man Group Skydive Over The Las Vegas Strip – Blue Man Group, the international entertainment phenomenon, teamed up with Red Bull to celebrate the launch of its latest electrifying production by skydiving into their new home Monte Carlo Resort and Casino. Trained by members of the Red Bull Air Force, Blue Man Group took the daring leap at 7,000-feet high above the property and glided to the earth, landing on Rue De Monte Carlo.
- Talktails #041: The Jersey BoysÆ Jeff Leibow – The Four Seasons are in the house! Host Kelly Clinton welcomes Jeff Leibow, who plays Nick Massi in Jersey Boys, on this weekÆs episode of Talktails.
- Insanity At The Stratosphere – Dangling off the side of the Stratosphere like a spider directly over the Las Vegas strip, Insanity spins you in circles 100 floors up with nothing below you! Note: Video may cause vertigo. Watch with caution.
We love to hear from you, and value your feedback! Here’s how to participate:
- Want to comment on a current reader post? Use the comment box on that particular web page. Many of the stories we post also have comment boxes at the end of the story. Make your voice heard!
- Drop us an email at AccessVegas@AccessVegas.com – We read them all!
- Call our recorded comment line at 702-507-0055. We listen to every call.
Latest Concerts Added This Week!
There is no better place to see your favorite acts then in Las Vegas! You’re relaxed, can enjoy a fine meal, have some cocktails without the worry of driving, and no alarm is going to jar you awake all too early the next morning.
- Colt Ford – October 25, 2012 Click for Tickets
- Justin McBride – October 26, 2012 Click for Tickets
- Mustang Sally – October 26-27, 2012 Click for Tickets
- Ramon Ayala – October 27, 2012 Click for Tickets
- Rita Coolidge – October 27-28, 2013 Click for Tickets
- Circus Couture – October 28, 2012 Click for Tickets
- MMA: World Series of Fighting – November 3, 2012 Click for Tickets
- Arabian Nights – November 3, 2012 Click for Tickets
- Don Williams – November 3, 2012 Click for Tickets
- Theresa Caputo – November 10, 2012 Click for Tickets
- East Coast Flava Tour – November 17, 2012 Click for Tickets
- BJ Thomas – November 17-18, 2012 Click for Tickets
- Jerry Lewis – November 18, 2012 Click for Tickets
- Trey Songz – November 21, 2012 Click for Tickets
- Las Vegas Invitational – November 23-24, 2012 Click for Tickets
- Melissa Manchester – November 24-25, 2012 Click for Tickets
- New Found Glory – November 27, 2012 Click for Tickets
- Manny Pacquiao vs Juan Manuel Mßrquez – December 8, 2012 Click for Tickets
- Travis Tritt – December 14-15, 2012 Click for Tickets
- Ultimate Fighter Finale – December 15, 2012 Click for Tickets
- Trace Adkins – December 15, 2012 Click for Tickets
- Dave Koz – December 18, 2012 Click for Tickets
- Lisa Lampanelli – February 16, 2013 Click for Tickets
More Las Vegas News – Shows – Events
- Angel Porrino to take role of Bo Peep
- Nicole æCocoÆ Austin canÆt wait to get nekkid in æPeepshowÆBook Peepshow Las Vegas Tickets Now
- Boyd Gaming Properties Celebrate Wrangler National Finals Rodeo With Variety of Activities December 6-15Book National Finals Rodeo Las Vegas Tickets Now
- Cee Lo’s the grinch who brings ChristmasBook Cee Lo Green: LOBERACE Las Vegas Tickets Now
- Blue Man Group adds new material, including Showbot characterBook Blue Man Group Las Vegas Tickets Now
- Dogs, dinosaurs and a ducky? It’s ‘America’s Got Talent Live!’Book America’s Got Talent Live Las Vegas Tickets Now
- Country Superstars – All Your Heroes Are CowboysBook Country Superstars Las Vegas Tickets Now
- Penn Jillette Takes A Second Crack At NBC’s All-Star Celebrity ApprenticeBook Penn & Teller Las Vegas Tickets Now
- Fall’s Newest Las Vegas ShowsSee all our Las Vegas shows available
- Derek Stevens tries to bring a bit of Detroit downtown with the D (with video)
- the D Las Vegas Hotel reveals its new look (with video)
- Record Rainfall Year for Las Vegas Valley (with video)
- Flying High (Zip-Lining) Through The Desert (with video)
- Why some performers choose Circus Circus over Cirque du Soleil (with video)
- Spike in applications seen for 10-11-12 (Oct 11, 2012) weddings (with video)
- Flying High (Zip-Lining) Through The Desert (with video)
- Record rainfall pushes Las Vegas past yearly average (with video)
- Artisan Rolls Out The Blood Red Carpet For CollectiveZooÆs æHalloweekendÆ Party Series
- Shark Reef Aquarium Transforms Into A Spooktacular Haunted Reef
- Adam Richman Hosts The First-Ever World Food Championships In Las Vegas
- Ranch House Kitchen Features Veterans Discount On Veteran’s Day
- PBR Rock Bar Las Vegas 5 Percent Dining Discount On Black Friday
- Crystals At CityCenter Las Vegas Announces Harvest Season Display And Events
- Caesars Entertainment Announces First Tenant Roster for Project Linq
- Scenic route home through Amboy
- Don’t Think You Can Just Show Up At The Neon Boneyard When It Opens
- For a busy man, Wolfgang Puck never appears hurried or troubled
- 10 Things To Love About Downtown Las Vegas
- Vegas 7 Restaurant Awards
- Dennis Quaid discusses secrets behind success of æVegasÆ
- Keeping up with Downtown development can be exhausting
- Las Vegas visitation rises slightly in August
- Teppan dining gets a definite upgrade at Tetsu
- Exotic Bird Decapitated at Las Vegas Casino; Law Students Charged
- A look back at ten years of First Friday
- Golden Gate Gets A Facelift (photos)
- Javier’s: A Tequila Sacntuary in the Heart of Aria
- California man gets 2 to 5 years in grab-and-run chip heist at Bellagio
- Las Vegas home values need four, five years of ‘rebooting’
- 7 Habits Of A Highly Annoying Casino Gambler
- New haunted house opens at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
- Mob Museum sees its 100,000th visitor
- Murals add panache in upgrade of standard rooms at the Palms
- Nevada remains fifth in nation for foreclosure rate
- The odd saga of Eli RothÆs Goretorium
- Beer festival coming to downtown Las Vegas
- Las Vegas home sales slip
- Honest Las Vegas cabdriver gets big tip for returning $221,510 in cash
- WhatÆs new in gaming? Robotic dealers, fat cats, Willy Wonka and choose your own bingo
- What would happen if an earthquake strikes Las Vegas?
- Magician Nathan Burton’s next trick- Create hit on reality TV
- Brown pelicans rescued by Pacific Wildlife Project living in Flamingo’s habitat
- Goodbye, slot machines; Hello, iPad slots