AccessVegas.com Insider Vibe
Serving Las Vegas Visitors and Residents Since 1999
Welcome to the Insider Vibe! This is the official newsletter of AccessVegas.Com. We talk about the Las Vegas activities you really care about.
Need to contact us? Send feedback to
Missed an issue? Click to Read Back Issues Online.
AccessVegas.com Quick Info Menu:
Las Vegas Essentials
Newkirk’s Notes – comments on Las Vegas from AccessVegas.Com publisher Ted Newkirk:
Ted was out last week with a serious bout of the flu. He is starting to get back in the saddle and his sections Newkirk’s Notes and Members Mania will return next week.
Please enjoy this issue prepared by staff:
Associate Editor / News Researcher: Rick Ziegler
Concerts and Headliners: Amy Rayner-Cooley
Skip the airport taxi hassles and arrive at your hotel in style:
The Steak House At Circus Circus Marks Its 30th Anniversary With An Unbeatable Dinner Special – Enjoy a complete Petite Filet or Prime Rib dinner for $30 throughout the month of June.
In a city that is continuously evolving its culinary scene with new restaurant venues both on and off The Strip, itÆs rare to find an establishment that has withstood the test of time and remained a favorite of Las Vegas locals and tourists alike for three decades. The Steak House at Circus Circus has reached a landmark 30 years of service and recognizes this milestone is a cause for celebration. Throughout the month of June, loyal guests and first time visitors can commemorate The Steak HouseÆs anniversary by enjoying a $30 Petite Filet or Prime Rib dinner special.
- Full story/details/info: The Steak House At Circus Circus Marks Its 30th Anniversary
Nobu Hotel Caesars Palace Reveals Hotel Design, Announces Rooms On Sale October 1, 2012 – Nobu Hospitality partners including Chef Nobu Matsuhisa, Robert De Niro and Meir Teper, along with designer David Rockwell and principals from Caesars Palace, gathered yesterday at the original Nobu in New York City to provide guests with an initial glance inside the worldÆs first Nobu Hotel, set to open in Las Vegas late 2012. In addition to revealing the first look into the hotel design, the group announced guest bookings will begin Oct. 1. Rooms can be booked online at NobuHotelCaesarsPalace.com.
- Full story/details/info: Nobu Hotel Caesars Palace Reveals Hotel Design, Announces Rooms On Sale October 1, 2012
Sneak Peek Into Nobu MatsuhisaÆs First Restaurant On The Famed Las Vegas Strip – Chef Nobu MatsuhisaÆs largest and most innovative restaurant yet will open alongside the worldÆs first Nobu Hotel at Caesars Palace Las Vegas. Both the restaurant and the hotel will make their debuts later this year.
“This restaurant will mark many first milestones – the first Nobu on the Las Vegas Strip, the very first of my restaurants to offer an in-room dining menu and the first-ever Nobu to open alongside a Nobu Hotel,” said Matsuhisa. “We pour our hearts into each new project and are passionate about crafting imaginative ideas with our guests in mind. Caesars Palace shares our values in striving to leave guests with lasting memories and we are thrilled to be revealing the new concepts and designs for Nobu Caesars Palace.”
- Full story/details/info: Nobu MatsuhisaÆs First Restaurant On The Strip
Palazzo Hosted the 2012 Las Vegas Epicurean Affair – The Palazzo Las Vegas hosted the Las Vegas Epicurean Affair presented by the Nevada Restaurant Association featuring nearly 75 renowned restaurants and beverage purveyors. Approximately 1,800 guests mingled amongst the elegant Pools at The Palazzo and sampled culinary delights from local celebrated restaurants. Recognized as one of the cityÆs premier tasting events, this yearÆs sold out Epicurean Affair dazzled once again as world-class chefs tempted guestsÆ palates throughout the evening.
- Full story/details/info: Palazzo Hosted the 2012 Las Vegas Epicurean Affair
Tender Steak & Seafood Introduces New Summer Menu Selections – Summer dishes have arrived at TENDER Steak & Seafood, and Executive Chef K.C. Fazel has crafted exceptional creations with the freshest flavors to offer guests an unforgettable dining experience at Luxor Hotel and Casino.
Guests will begin their dinner with exclusive summer starters including Quonset Point Oysters from Narragansett Bay, RI. Diners also will enjoy a new Vegetarian Heirloom Tomato Soup with basil, garlic and feta sourdough croutons or an Heirloom Tomato and Buffalo Mozzarella salad with basil olive oil, sea salt and black cracked pepper.
- Full story/details/info: Tender Steak & Seafood Summer Menu Selections
Sail To New England At BellagioÆs Conservatory & Botanical Gardens – A slice of the Northeastern seashore moves west to BellagioÆs Conservatory & Botanical Gardens for the summer floral exhibition. Inspired by water, light and scent, guests are transported to the endearing and crisp atmosphere of New England through September 9. New to the summer exhibition is a blue and white lighthouse with a rotating light as well as live performances by classical and jazz guitarists daily from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Full story/details/info: New England At BellagioÆs Conservatory
Tacos & Tequila Introduces New Summer Specials – As the weather gets warmer, Executive Chef Saul Ortiz heats up happy hour with new specials at Tacos & Tequila (T&T). And, to make sure no guest gets left out of the fiesta, Chef Ortiz also has created new all day specials sure to keep the party going every week day at Luxor Hotel and Casino.
- Full story/details/info: Tacos & Tequila Introduces New Summer Specials
Golden Nugget Picks College Football Games Of The Year – The Golden Nugget Las Vegas will be the first casino and sports book in Las Vegas to post lines on its 2012 College Football Games of the year on June 11.
This will be the propertyÆs sixth consecutive year announcing over one hundred key college games of the year which take place Aug. 31 through the last game on Dec. 8.
- Full story/details/info: Golden Nugget Picks College Football Games Of The Year
Lynyrd Skynyrd BBQ & Beer Rocks Fourth Of July With Independence Day Barbecue Platter – Lynyrd Skynyrd BBQ & Beer at Excalibur Hotel & Casino will celebrate the red, white and blue holiday with an Independence Day Barbecue Platter, priced at $17.76, on Wednesday, July 4.
The finger-lickinÆ platter, priced to honor the year of AmericaÆs independence, will make every guest see fireworks. The celebratory dish is piled high with three slices of juicy beef brisket, two fall-off-the-bone spare ribs and a hearty sausage link.
- Full story/details/info: Lynyrd Skynyrd BBQ & Beer Rocks Fourth Of July
Casa Fuente Announces Junefest Featuring First Craft Beer Festival – Casa Fuente inside The Forum Shops at Caesars presents JuneFest, an entire month dedicated to beer with the first Casa Fuente Craft Beer Festival set to take place on June 22-23, 2012.
Each week in the month of June, Casa Fuente will feature a selection of small batch and craft beers for patrons to enjoy while beating the heat and relaxing on the indoor patio.
- Full story/details/info: Casa Fuente Announces Junefest
Comme Ãa Will Launch æLe BarbecueÆ Series With Bastille Day Celebration – Comme Ãa, the modern French brasserie by acclaimed Chef David Myers at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, will commence its ôLe Barbecueö summer grilling series on the patio with a Bastille Day celebration on Saturday, July 14.
Myers, chef and owner of the celebrated restaurant, along with Executive Chef Brian Howard, have created a Parisian-inspired barbecue menu of selections made to order from the wood-fired grill on Comme ÃaÆs patio, including freshly-made Leg of Lamb, Skirt Steak au Poivre and Beer Can Chicken.
- Full story/details/info: Comme Ãa Will Launch Le Barbecue Series
Fantasy Splashes Into Summer With Tracey As JuneÆs æShowgirl Of The MonthÆ – All the way from Warrington, England, British beauty Tracey graces the 2012 ôUltimate Fantasyö calendar as JuneÆs ôShowgirl of the Month.ö Dressed in see-through black lingerie, the brunette bombshell teases fans with her gorgeous looks in the seductive two-piece ensemble.
The FANTASY knockout is both domestic and adventurous. She likes to cook, bake and sew as well as zip-line down Bootleg Canyon in Boulder City, NV. Tracey dreams of one day being able to travel to exotic countries and visiting Paris again û her favorite city.
- Full story/details/info: Fantasy’s Showgirl Of The Month
- Buy Tickets Now: Fantasy
Lasagna Lovers Unite To Enjoy National Lasagna Day At Trevi – Trevi, the celebrated Italian restaurant inside The Forum Shops at Caesars, will celebrate National Lasagna Day with its delicious lasagna pizza and authentic lasagna entrÚe, each specially-priced exclusively on Sunday, July 29.
Chef Peter ScaturroÆs newest signature dish, the lasagna pizza, will be offered for $13.95 in honor of the national holiday. The deep dish delight is layered with Italian sausage, ricotta and mozzarella cheeses and topped with a tangy pomarola sauce. Lasagna lovers will also enjoy a discount on the classic lasagna, priced at $17.29 for the day. This homemade Italian favorite is layered with pasta, zesty meat sauce and topped with flavorful ricotta and mozzarella cheeses.
- Full story/details/info: National Lasagna Day At Trevi
RÝ Rß Las Vegas Hosts European Football Championship Viewing Parties û Gives Away Trip To See The LA Galaxy – Soccer fans can catch all the 2012 European Football Championship action at RÝ Rß Las Vegas this summer. Starting Friday, June 8, the pub will host viewing parties for fans during each match of the tournament.
During the Championship Final on Sunday, July 1, RÝ Rß will give away two tickets to see the LA Galaxy play at The Home Depot Center in Los Angeles this season. For every pint they buy during each viewing party at RÝ Rß, fans will receive an entry form for the drawing. The pub will offer drink specials for every viewing party.
- Full story/details/info: RÝ Rß Hosts European Football Championship Viewing Parties
Discover Italy Series Continues At Onda Ristorante & Wine Lounge At The Mirage With New Prix Fixe Menus And Unlimited Wine – Beginning July 12, the culinary exploration of Italy continues with the second half of the 2012 Discover Italy series at Onda Ristorante & Wine Lounge at The Mirage Hotel & Casino. Kicking off the second Thursday of each month through November, guests will be able to eat their way across Italy with a new, succulent, $59 three-course prix fixe menu, highlighting one of five regions. Culinary tourists also will have the option to add an unlimited premium wine pairing for $18. Discover Italy schedule of events through November 2012 is as follows:
- Full story/details/info: Discover Italy Series Continues At Onda Ristorante
CarlosÆn CharlieÆs Encourage Guests To Cool-Off With Happy Hour Specials – CarlosÆn CharlieÆs is ready for summer and to cool off from the heat wave they are rolling out Happy Hour drink specials. Throughout the day, guests can enjoy 2-for-1 regular and ôBig Mammaö size frozen margaritas including CharlieÆs Frozen Margarita, Mango Margarita and Passion Fruit Margarita. Daily 2 – 6 p.m.
- Full story/details/info: CarlosÆn CharlieÆs Encourage Guests To Cool-Off With Happy Hour Specials
Las Vegas Strip Helicopter Tours (Day or Night) by Maverick û A Flight Over The Las Vegas Strip. Save time and money. Our Maverick Lights tour with out the Transportation. Spend more time seeing Las Vegas and arrive at our terminal 30 minutes prior to departure time. Reserve your seats today!
Click To Book Las Vegas Strip Helicopter Tour Now!
Las Vegas Show Reviews
Le Reve by Guy Chapman
Le Reve – A Rich Playground Of Action, Magic, and Drama – To truly appreciate ôLe Reveö, one must surrender themselves to the idea of entering a dream-like world of sight and sound that will be unlike any ônormalö entertainment experience found on the Las Vegas Strip. With lush visuals, breathtaking acrobatics, and an immersive musical soundscape, guests will find a performance that will remain with them long after they have left the theater.
Housed within the Wynn Hotel and Casino, ôLe Reveö is a show that, while starting firmly on the ground, takes to the air and water instantly. And in many of those moments, it is likely to happen all at once. The show does not disappoint in providing spectacle. The set and its performers work as one constant and living organism. If it is not multiple performers providing a number of impressive feats all at once, it is the stage itself, rising and falling, and in many instances, transforming into a full pool of water to provide the most diverse set pieces of any show in Vegas.
Nathan Burton Comedy Magic by Terri DÆRichards
Nathan Burton Comedy Magic – If you believe that ôcomedyö magic must be lightweight then be prepared to think again after seeing Nathan Burton in action. Burton chooses to enrobe his illusions in whimsical concepts, however, the tricks are as seamless and astounding as any youÆre likely to see on the Strip or elsewhere.
Many folks may already find Burton recognizable from ôAmericaÆs Got Talentö where he wowed judges and audiences alike, and E! networkÆs ôThe Entertainerö, as well as his appearances on ôMiami Inkö and VH1Æs ôSurreal Lifeö. The Las Vegas based magician also garnered media attention for his incredible charity fund-raiser stunt: surviving for 7 days with no food or water in a glass box suspended above the Las Vegas Strip — in true Vegas style he did include a revolving roster of showgirls in the box with him!
- Read Entire Nathan Burton Comedy Magic Review
- Nathan Burton Comedy Magic Las Vegas tickets, video, and info
What We’re Watching – Vegas Videos You’ll Enjoy
- Vegas TV Show Preview – ‘Vegas’ is inspired by the true story of former Las Vegas Sheriff Ralph Lamb, a rancher tasked with bringing order to Las Vegas in the 1960s. Note: The show is being shot in Las Vegas… New Mexico. You’ll see in the outdoor scenes that it does NOT look like Southern Nevada. New Mexico offers very favorable tax incentives for TV and movie shoots.
- FIRST Food & Bar – Chef Sam DeMarco is bringing the neighborhood bar and restaurant concept back to life. FIRST Food & Bar is a hip, yet comfortable restaurant located inside The Shoppes at the Palazzo. The menu features American eats that are delicious and affordable.
- Grand Canyon Helocopter Ride – See what is is like to visit the bottom of the Grand Canyon with Maverick Helicopter Tours then take off and soar though the canyon.
- Belly Up To Oscar’s Bar – Enjoy this video preview of Oscar Goodman’s “Beef, Booze, and Broads” restaurant at The Plaza in downtown Las Vegas.
Members Mania – We Love Our Readers!
We love to hear from you, and value your feedback! Here’s how to participate:
- Want to comment on a current reader post? Use the comment box on that particular web page. Many of the stories we post also have comment boxes at the end of the story. Make your voice heard!
- Drop us an email at AccessVegas@AccessVegas.com – We read them all!
- Call our recorded comment line at 702-507-0055. We listen to every call.
Father’s Day And Fourth of July Las Vegas
News, Events, and Specials
- Dads Enjoy Exceptional Dining Experiences This FatherÆs Day At MGM Resorts InternationalÆs Restaurants
- Hash House A Go Go serves up manly menu specials on FatherÆs Day
- KISS By Monster Mini Golf Celebrates Rockstar Dads With Half Priced Miniature Golf And A Free KISS Gift
- PBR Rock Bar & Grill Hosts Patriotic Patio Party On Fourth Of July
- Firework Roll And Bombshell Cocktail Light Up Fourth Of July At Rice & Company
- Henderson Announces Plans For Fourth Of July Celebration
- Ranch House Kitchen Celebrates Fourth Of July With Beer, BBQ, And Family Fun
- Cabo Wabo Cantina To Throw Fourth Of July Patio Party
More Las Vegas News – Shows – Events
- Holly Madison Leaving PEEPSHOW!
- Holly Madison poses for swimwear portraits at Caesars Palace
- Phantom – The Las Vegas Spectacular Notable Numbers
Book Phantom – The Las Vegas Spectacular Las Vegas Tickets Now
- Celine Dion back on stage in Las Vegas after illness
- TouristÆs hope of seeing Celine Dion dashed by threat of arrest
- ShaniaÆs Caesars Palace Show Unveiled
- Drew Lachey Hosts ôThe Price Is Right Liveö Stage Show at BallyÆs June 6-17
- First Look at ôSurf, The Musicalö at Planet Hollywood
- Thousands show up to check out new terminal at McCarran (with video)
- Nevada makes major move toward Internet gaming (with video)
- New Terminal at McCarran Airport Holds Open House (with video)
- Las Vegas’ First Family Celebrates 50th Anniversary (with video)
- Officials to crack down on cheating taxicab drivers (with video)
- “Good Day LA” Host Lauren Sanchez Performed Live At Pussycat Dolls Burlesque Saloon
- Bellagio Executive Chef Edmund Wong To Host Beer & BBQ Epicurean Epicenter Event Saturday, June 30
- Fat Bar – Burgers Marry Booze On WorldÆs Busiest Street – The Strip
- KGB: KerryÆs Gourmet Burgers Serves Up Unique Monthly Burger And Shake Combos This Summer
- Sample SummerÆs Finest Fare At American Fish By Michael Mina
- Sundown In Downtown Turns Local Museum Into A Carnival Under The Stars With Hash House A Go Go
- Lynyrd Skynyrd BBQ & Beer Now Features Appetizers And Additional Desserts
- Golden Rainbow Unveils Talented Lineup For 26th “Ribbon Of Life” Spectacular
- Boyd GamingÆs Eldorado Casino Celebrates 50th Year in 2012
- El Cortez Hotel & Casino June 2012 Promotions and Events
- Leo Dicaprio wax figure to be unveiled
- Nevada casinos see 6.1 percent jump in gaming win in April
- City CouncilÆs decision further brands Las Vegas as kid-UNFRIENDLY
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott hotel is set to open in North Las Vegas on June 22
- Madame Tussauds treating straight-A students
- NEW Planet Hollywood Opens at Caesars Palace
- Pharmacy Business Cutting 133 Nevada Jobs
- Las Vegas tops in ‘most affordable travel cities’ list (side-by-side comparison)
- “Eww? What’s Eating You?” That’s the new exhibit at the Las Vegas Natural History Museum
- Over the course of a meal, new supper club/piano bar Mr. B’s overcomes several faults and exposes its charms
- Las Vegas Small Business Climate Rates High
- Allegiant expands penetration into Hawaii
- Dogged for years by crime, downtown Las Vegas experiencing improvements
- LVCVA wants workers to use vacation days for trips to Las Vegas
- Palms Casino in Las Vegas planning $50M upgrade
- Planned DesertXpress high-speed train to be rebranded as XpressWest
- Four companies ink Internet poker deals
- 5 Outdoor Adventures in Las Vegas
- An LA-to-Vegas deal so cheap weÆre tempted to fly there and take the bus back
- ItÆs all about the costume and the slow tease
- Travel-dating website rates Las Vegas its No. 1 destination
- New McCarran Terminal Nearly Ready to Open
- Las Vegas’ Machine Gun Craze? Blame Movies & Video Games
- æHangover 3′ to Begin Filming in Las Vegas This Summer
- Behind The Scenes At Crystals: Secrets, Surprises And Future Plans
- Director Jamie King talks æThe ChosenÆ and Michael Jackson
- Machine Guns Vegas High-Caliber Action
- Las Vegas 51s: Stars of Tomorrow, Superstars of Yesterday
- A $13.9-million dream house
- Golden Gate û Vegas’ Original Hotel & Casino û Celebrates Our City’s Birthday with a Look Back at it’s Colorful Past
- MGM Shows Off Sweet New Suites
- Best Cigar Bars In Las Vegas
- A Photo Tour of McCarran’s New Terminal 3
- Top 8 Weather Records for Las Vegas
- Dagger in garter belt? Gordon Ramsay Steak uniforms dazzle
- What That Shrine Outside Caesars Palace Is All About
- Las Vegas offers more than gambling
- The Mob Museum: Legally Speaking, Oscar Goodman
- Hotel Review: The Plaza
- With Shenandoah project stalled, Wayne Newton hits back legally
- Nevada and U.S. casinos slowly recovering from recession
- Tivoli and Queensridge developer targets downtown Las Vegas
- Nevada issues Google first license for self-driving car
- Meet the marine biologist who makes seafood a science at Wynn Las Vegas
- Las Vegas land sales show dramatic rise
- Nevada’s richest list includes many with casino ties
- Exec aims to pump vibrancy into Westin Casuarina’s casino
- Maverick Aviation expands its fleet of tour aircraft
- Sharpened interest, bidding wars send up Las Vegas home prices
- Producer David King tapping Vegas market with step-dancing ‘Spirit’
- Courageous first move could bring success to north portion of the Strip
- Las Vegas tourism mostly upbeat in March
- Local family collects history in private museum
- Mixologists compete for Ultimate Las Vegas Cocktail
- McCarran passenger traffic rises for 16th straight month
- Hangover entrepreneur realizes profit from the pain after party
- Gaming companies place bets on social gaming sites
- Stewart focus helps, but Little wise to keep working on his show
- Casino company analyst pleads guilty in $860,000 slot scheme
- Splendid scenery draws crowds to Bryce Canyon
- Downtown outlets mall expanding, adding 35 stores
- Heart Attack Grill’s tavern license stalled
- Center Cut Steakhouse aims to put twist on traditional fare
- Las Vegas Monorail gets OK to exit bankruptcy
- Hoover Dam plaza’s work of art faces monumental repairs
- Grand Canyon’s North Rim less crowded
- Nevada and Arizona lawmakers tout Interstate 11
- Lack of incentives hurt Nevada film industry
- Producer offers Stripper 101 teachers $1 million for ‘the truth’
- One year after it closed, can Sahara site become a symbol of Las VegasÆ rebound?
No related links found