AccessVegas.com Insider Vibe
Serving Las Vegas Visitors and Residents Since 1999
Welcome to the Insider Vibe! This is the official newsletter of AccessVegas.Com. We talk about the Las Vegas activities you really care about.
Need to contact us? Send feedback to
Missed an issue? Click to Read Back Issues Online.
AccessVegas.com Quick Info Menu:
Las Vegas Essentials
Imperial Palace Auto Collection Unveils A New Audio Tour – A new audio tour is now open at The Auto Collections at Imperial Palace Las Vegas. The tour features information on 60 historic automobiles including the famous ôGone in Sixty Secondsö mustang.
An hour-long recording will inform the guests about the facts on some of the most remarkable automobiles in the collection. The classic car extravaganza includes the limo President JFK rode a week before he was assassinated, the race car in the 1989 Corvette Challenge, the Suburban from the hit television show ôThe Sopranos,ö and the talk show host Johnny CarsonÆs Chrysler Royal. Photo is courtesy of Scott Roeben, Pulse of Vegas Blog
- Full story/details/info: Imperial Palace Auto Collection Unveils A New Audio Tour
Trevi Las Vegas Offers S’Mores Gelato On National Smores Day – A decadent sÆmores gelato will be served by Pastry Chef Hank Sbraccia in celebration to the National SÆmores Day. The campfireÆs favorite treat is available at TREVI inside The Forum Shops at Caesars on Friday, August 10.
Priced at $4.50 per scoop, sÆmores lovers can experience the irresistible gelato blend made with delicious chocolate chunks, honey-flavored graham crackers and creamy marshmallows.
- Full story/details/info: Trevi Offers S’Mores Gelato
Mandalay Bay Las Vegas’ Bayside Buffet Now Features Unlimited Beer And Wine With Dinner – Bayside Buffet adds unlimited beer and wine in their all-inclusive buffet during dinner service. The bottomless refills of beer and wine complement the buffetÆs tempting cuisine. The drinks include Bud Light draft, merlot, house champagne and chardonnay. The friendly servers are happy to fill the glasses or the guests may request it from the bartenders on the restaurantÆs designated refreshment stations. Bayside Buffet is available at the Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino.
- Full story/details/info: Bayside Buffet Now Features Unlimited Beer And Wine With Dinner
New D Las Vegas Summer Menu At Courtyard Grill Features Fresh Lobster Dishes And Mouth-Watering BBQ Starting At Under $10 – Just in time for summer, the D Las Vegas introduces Lobster Palooza and BBQ Bone-O-Rama at Courtyard Grill . Embracing the season with a menu full of great eats starting at under $10, the fresh lobster dishes and mouth-watering barbecue are sure to make taste buds and wallets happy all summer long.
- Full story/details/info: New D Las Vegas Summer Menu At Courtyard Grill
PBR Rock Bar Hosts Canadian Football League Viewing Parties – PBR Rock Bar & Grill located at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino inside Miracle Mile Shops will host the viewing parties for the Canadian Football League games. The games will be watched on 105 flat-screen televisions from now until the championship in November.
Patrons can enjoy the barbecue, beer and plenty of babes while watching the teams as they battle for the win every week. PBR Rock Bar also offers a daily happy hour for $3 of domestic drafts, $5 shots, $19 Budweiser buckets and two-for-one well cocktails.
- Full story/details/info: PBR Rock Bar Hosts Canadian Football League Viewing Parties
Las Vegas’ Rat Pack Is Back! Celebrates The Opening Of McCarran’s Terminal 3 – Cast members of “The Rat Pack is Back!” pose with Cher and Marilyn impersonators Heidi Thompson and Susie Griffis. From left, Kayle Eastern as Sammy Davis Jr., Heidi as Cher, Drew Carrano as Dean Martin, Susie as Marilyn, Brian Duprey as Frank Sinatra and Mickey Bulanti as Joey Bishop. They are posing at the grand opening of Terminal 3 on Wednesday, June 27 at the $2.4 billion addition to McCarran International Airport to handle mainly nonstop international and some domestic flights. The Rat Pack performs nightly at 7 p.m. in the Crown Theater of Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino. (Photo by Wayne Bernath)
- Full story/details/info: Rat Pack Is Back Celebrates Opening Of Terminal 3
- Buy Tickets Now: The Rat Pack is Back
Casa Fuente Las Vegas Presenting Limited Edition Tequila Tasting – A rare tequila treat will be experienced by tequila connoisseurs on Wednesday, July 25, 2012 at The Forum Shops at Caesars, featuring Jose Cuervo Reserva la Familia. Reserva la Familia, 100% blue agave tequila is often described as the ôcognac of tequilasö. It is released once a year and valued by tequila connoisseurs for its richness and exceptionally complex taste which is a true tequila masterpiece.
- Full story/details/info: Casa Fuente Tequila Tasting
The Neapolitan At Cosmopolitan Las Vegas Offering Summer Spiked Treats – The Neapolitan of Las Vegas offers innovative beverages and cool spiked treats for guests to escape the summer heat. Mariena Mercer, The CosmopolitanÆs resident mixologist, creates booze-driven concoctions from infused ice cream sundaes to COv(2) sorbets. This air-conditioned indoor/outdoor lounge along the south edge of the Boulevard pool is open throughout the summer. It offers the sun-bathers and ice cream lovers an outdoor playground and sweeping views of the Vegas skyline. The Neapolitan of Las Vegas is open from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Full story/details/info: Neapolitan Offering Summer Spiked Treats
Renowned Las Vegas Restaurateur Michael Morton To Open New Mexican Restaurant In Fremont East – A new Mexican restaurant will open its doors in the East Fremont neighborhood of downtown Las Vegas. Renowned nightclub executive and Las Vegas restaurateur Michael Morton will welcome every guest with a great dining experience with his delectable menu. His first venture in downtown Las Vegas is located at 106 Sixth St. It is a property owned by Tamares Las Vegas Properties, LLC which also owns several downtown properties including the Plaza Hotel & Casino.
The new downtown restaurant offers a sensory retreat from reality with a mix of spice, color, sound and many types of tequila. MortonÆs restaurant menu is a combination of Mexican food with American rock.
- Full story/details/info: Michael Morton To Open New Mexican Restaurant
KISS By Monster Mini Golf is Searching for The Ultimate Couple to be Titled ôMr. and Mrs. Hotter Than Hell” – The unique rock æn’ roll-themed amusement attraction KISS By Monster Mini Golf is searching for the hottest rockstar couple that will fit the ultimate title, ôMr. and Mrs. Hotter Than Hell.ö The winners in their best-dressed rock ‘nÆ roll outfit will get the opportunity to vow in front of a live audience professing their love for each other. The audience can witness this at the 3rd Annual VEGAS ROCKS! Magazine Awards at The Joint on Sunday, August 26, 2012. This legendary band KISS-inspired amusement attraction is located inside Hard Rock Hotel & Casino.
- Full story/details/info: KISS By Monster Mini Golf is Searching for The Ultimate Couple to be Titled ôMr. and Mrs. Hotter Than Hell”
Rich Little’s Jimmy Stewart & Friends Extended Through August – Legendary comedian and impersonator Rich Little announced that ôJimmy Stewart & Friendsö will be extending the show through August 22, 2012 due to an overwhelming response. The one-man show will perform at LVH û Las Vegas Hotel & Casino.
- Full story/details/info: Jimmy Stewart & Friends Extended Through August
The Canadian Tenors Perform And Film A New PBS Special At The Smith Center In Las Vegas – The Tenors are excited to come back to Las Vegas after their sold out concert at The Smith Center for the Performing Arts in March. The brand new show will happen at the 2,050 seat Reynolds Hall at The Smith Center on August 5, 2012 at 2 p.m. The concert will be recorded in the same venue for the upcoming PBS special and live concert DVD.
- Full story/details/info: The Canadian Tenors Perform And Film A New PBS Special At The Smith Center In Las Vegas
Las Vegas “Welcomes Veterans Back To The High Life” At Bill’s, Flamingo, Harrah’s, and Imperial Palace – Veterans will surely benefit for each Miller High Life purchase at select resort bars now through Labor Day weekend.
In honor to the veterans, Flamingo Las Vegas, HarrahÆs Las Vegas, BillÆs GamblinÆ Hall & Saloon, and Imperial Palace join forces with Miller High Life to offer guests unbeatable drink specials.
- Full story/details/info: Welcoming Veterans Back To The High Life
Maverick Skywalk Odyssey Grand Canyon Tour û Your direct helicopter flight to the Grand Canyon Skywalk departs from the Las Vegas Strip. Experience a bird’s eye view of the Grand Canyon, Lake Las Vegas, Lake Mead, Hoover Dam and the Las Vegas Strip on your flight. Upon landing at the Grand Canyon, get ready to witness a true engineering marvel, The Grand Canyon Skywalk.
Click To Book Maverick Skywalk Odyssey Grand Canyon Tour Now!
Las Vegas Show Reviews
Terry Fator by Denise Almas
Terry Fator – Puppets And Personalities Capture The Human Spirit – With his entourage of puppets, Terry FatorÆs Ventriloquism in Concert captures his audience with extraordinary wit and humor, guaranteed to tickle the funny bone of even the grumpiest spectator.
Fator starts his show by introducing us to one of his most beloved puppets û Winston. Winston is a turtle with a seriously sweet personality. Crediting himself with FatorÆs success, Winston easily wins over the audience.
Marc Savard Comedy Hypnosis by Sarah Jane Woodall
Marc Savard Comedy Hypnosis – Pushing The Edge – The Vegas Strip offers a handful of comedy hypnosis shows, and for the most part, they all follow the same script: pull willing participants from the audience, hypnotize them into a highly suggestive state, and make them do embarrassing things û often of a sexual nature. Marc SavardÆs show at the V Theatre is one of the better-quality hypnosis shows in Vegas û the theater and special effects are of a higher caliber than most, and Savard himself has a friendly, wholesome appeal that makes the show fun… without being too seedy.
- Read Entire Marc Savard Comedy Hypnosis Review
- Marc Savard Comedy Hypnosis Las Vegas tickets, video, and info
What We’re Watching – Vegas Videos You’ll Enjoy
- Kelly And Special Guest Rich Little Provide A Ton Of Laughs On This Episode Of Talktails – Rich Little entertains us with some of his most famous impressions and hilarious celebrity stories. From John Wayne to Paul Lynde, Rich Little is as amazing and funny as ever. Hint: Keep watching AFTER the credits!
- Rao’s Family Traditions: On The Grill – From East Harlem to Las Vegas, Rao’s is famous for serving Southern Italian-style fare and staying true to family traditions. Rao’s co-owner Frank Pellegrino, Jr. sits down to talk about his favorite dishes and his newest cookbook, Rao’s On The Grill.
- Video – Popovich Comedy Pet Theater – As seen on the Tonight Show, Letterman, and America’s Got Talent, Gregory Popovich’s Comedy Pet Theater is a blend of unique comedy, world-championship juggling, and the extraordinary talents of performing pets. His amazing cast of dogs and cats have been rescued from animal shelters and transformed into Vegas stars! Comedy Pet Theater is guaranteed to surprise and delight every audience and is a perfect family show.
- Construction timelapse video of McCarran Airport Terminal 3 – Timelapse video of Las Vegas McCarran International Airport’s New International and Domestic Terminal 3 from 2008 – 2012.
We love to hear from you, and value your feedback! Here’s how to participate:
- Want to comment on a current reader post? Use the comment box on that particular web page. Many of the stories we post also have comment boxes at the end of the story. Make your voice heard!
- Drop us an email at AccessVegas@AccessVegas.com – We read them all!
- Call our recorded comment line at 702-507-0055. We listen to every call.
More Las Vegas News – Shows – Events
- Show & Tell: Kelly Long of ‘Peepshow’
- Catch Las Vegas’ spectacular ‘Phantom’ before curtain falls
Book Phantom – The Las Vegas Spectacular Las Vegas Tickets Now
Book Phantom of the Opera On Broadway (NEW YORK) Tickets Now
- ‘Dancing With the Stars Live’ cast: Here’s what happens in Vegas (with video)
- Mark Ballas guest stars in ‘Dancing With The Stars – Live in Las Vegas’ (with video)
- ‘Surf the Musical’ weaves Beach Boys songs into boy-loses-girl comedy
- Divas Las Vegas At Imperial Palace To Perform 1000’th Show
- ‘Comedy in Action’ successfully blends juggling and laughter
- McCarran’s $2.4 billion Terminal 3 receives first flights (with video)
- Treasure Island unveils new Michael Jackson slot machine (with video)
- Venetian files appeal to countyÆs Beretta gun range decision (with video)
- Mirage Las Vegas Celebrates The Olympics With Summer Specials
- Station Casinos Las Vegas Free July House Entertainment
- Submit Your Video And Win A Luxor Las Vegas VIP Experience
- AllegiantÆs inaugural nonstop flight to Hawaii takes off
- County toughens penalties for Strip peddlers
- Developer getting loan for horses on Wayne Newton estate
- Frightening but exhilarating Las Vegas adventures prove a memorable experience for father and son
- Hit show brought fame, but ‘Pawn Stars’ cast says it’s stayed the same
- Interstate 11 could become an afterthought
- Jonathan Ullman Loves Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Becomes as Much Liszt as Liberace
- Let Them Eat (Partially Fake) Cake! The Story Behind Those Nightclub Cakes
- MJ Live – Show Review
- Mushroom Clouds over Las Vegas
- Turning Back the Clock: Frontier
- Allegiant Air predicts big capacity growth with Hawaii run
- International tourists in Las Vegas outspend domestic travelers
- N9NE creator to open restaurant/bar downtown
- New Nobu Hotel at Caesars Palace could help define Las Vegas as a city for boutique hotels
- Players and fans take new Michael Jackson slot machine for a spin
- The other benefits of McCarranÆs new Terminal 3
- World Series of Poker marquee tourney to pay $8.5M to champ
- Businesses making happy hour happier
- County balks at Strip bridges
- County targets Strip pests one animal, panhandler at a time
- First Food & Bar menu offers both trendy fare, traditional dishes
- Fresh salsa part of fun at Carlos’n Charlie’s
- Happy birthday, Eldorado! Henderson casino turns 50
- McCarran’s Terminal 3 access, egress revisited
- Neighboring casinos want to shoot down high-end gun store proposed for Shoppes at Palazzo
- On-campus stadium looking like a reality, could be filled with more events than UNLV football
- Recalling stars who went tube to Strip
- Rio comedy shows prove raunch still gets laughs
- ‘SuperContest Weekend’ sure sign football is near
- Yes, folks, it really is that white Ford Bronco