AccessVegas.com Insider Vibe
Serving Las Vegas Visitors and Residents Since 1999
Welcome to the Insider Vibe! This is the official newsletter of AccessVegas.Com. We talk about the Las Vegas activities you really care about.
Need to contact us? Send feedback to
Missed an issue? Click to Read Back Issues Online.
AccessVegas.com Quick Info Menu:
Las Vegas Essentials
Newkirk’s Notes – comments on Las Vegas from AccessVegas.Com publisher Ted Newkirk:
Hello From Las Vegas! – I’m still on assignment with new projects we’re working on right now. I appreciate those who have asked when some of my sections will return. We still have plenty of information, news-dining-entertainment links, show review and videos you’ll enjoy. If that’s not enough, we’ll be happy to provide you a full refund for your subscription! (Note to new subscribers: This newsletter is free).
In the meantime:
- Don’t overlook our More link section at the end of the newsletter. We spend hours sifting through Las Vegas news from media locally and around the world so you don’t have to. If you aren’t looking over the stories and clicking on the ones that interest you, it isn’t our fault that you are missing out on great information!
- Visit our AccessVegas.com Twitter page or Facebook page. Better yet, Follow/Like us. Almost every day, we post a few interesting photos, stories, and links (some of which don’t make the newsletter).
Enjoy This Issue!
Associate Editor / News Researcher: Rick Ziegler
Concerts and Headliners: Amy Rayner-Cooley
Le Barbecue Outdoor Grilling Series Continues At Comme Ca Las Vegas – Comme Ca at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas continues to serve the barbecue-lovers its æLe BarbecueÆ summer grilling series. The modern French brasserieÆs menu will be served on the patio on Saturday, August 11, 2012. Comme Ca is also planning to do the æLe BarbecueÆ series on Sunday, September 2, 2012, for the Labor Day weekend, and on September 30 for the end of the summer soirÚe.
- Full story/details/info: Le Barbecue Outdoor Grilling Series Continues At Comme Ca
Two-Story Commonwealth Bar Opens On Las Vegas’ East Fremont Late Summer – With its grand opening scheduled in late August, Commonwealth will bring to the partying public a new hangout on 525 East Fremont Street. A classic pre- prohibition era styled 6,000-square-foot cocktail bar, inclusive of a backroom speakeasy, will offer to its enjoying guests a different experience to enjoy the nightlife of Downtown Las Vegas.
- Full story/details/info: Two-Story Commonwealth Bar Opens On Las Vegas’ East Fremont Late Summer
PRB Rock Bar & Grill Creating Special $6 Menu For National Hot Dog Day – This Monday, July 23, is the celebration of National Hot Dog Day where in PBR Rock Bar & Grill is one of the bars that will participate the big day in Las Vegas. The bar is located at the Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino inside Miracle Mile shops.
- Full story/details/info: National Hot Dog Day at PRB Rock Bar & Grill
Taco Tuesdays Now At Cabo Wabo Las Vegas With Margarita Specials – Sammy HagarÆs Cabo Wabo Cantina located at the Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino inside Miracle Mile Shops introduces the new ôTaco Tuesdaysö with localsÆ discounts and unbeatable specials. The new Tuesday night event will be launch in celebration of the National Tequila Day on July 24.
Guests will enjoy the delicious $2 chicken and mouthwatering steak tacos plus two-for-one house margaritas from 10 p.m. to midnight. Las VegasÆ best patios add the viewing experience as guests overlook the Strip. Locals with a valid Nevada ID will get 10% off in their total bill.
- Full story/details/info: Taco Tuesdays Now At Cabo Wabo Las Vegas With Margarita Specials
RÝ Rß Las Vegas Celebrates International Beer Day With Free Beer – RÝ Rß Las Vegas is one of many who will commemorate International Beer Day on Friday, August 3, 2012. They will start with tweetups @RiRaVegas 6 to 8 oÆclock in the evening as their way to gather beer drinkers. All of them that attend the event will take pleasure in free beers and appetizers while raising their beer mugs and toasting to International Beer Day weekend. And also, there are free over-flowing beer drinks for the first 15 customers to get there to celebrate the Beer Day. More prizes and $50 worth of gift cards to be given away!
- Full story/details/info: RÝ Rß Celebrates International Beer Day
Maverick Helicopter Wind Dancer Air and Landing Tour û Landing tour with a Continental breakfast or Hors d’oeuvres on the Canyon Floor. Birds eye view of Lake Mead and Hoover Dam. Get a close look at the extinct volcano Fortification Hill. Keep an eye out for wildlife along the way. Descend deep into the Grand Canyon and land on the Hualapai Indian territory on the canyon floor for a champagne toast, beverages and hors d’ oeuvres in the heart of this spectacular wonder of the world. Fly back through the Grand Canyon on your way to the Bowl of Fire full of flaming red rock formations. Conclude your journey with an exciting flight between the hotels on the Las Vegas Strip!
Jabbawockeez by D.W. Grant
Jabbawockeez, MUS.I.C – Fun in a Figment – Banners on stage tout ôJabbawockeez. MUS.I.Cö as ôa figment of your imagination.ö This exciting song and dance showcase drags you into a figment, includes you in the madness, and then leaves you standing and cheering at the end of an amazing evening.
Louie Anderson by Terri D’Richards
Louie Anderson: Big Baby Boomer – Welcome to Louie-ville! û where down home mid-western comedy is served up in generous helpings by veteran comic Louie Anderson. A decidedly improvisational twist in AndersonÆs set lends an air of edgy unpredictability. Yet for all that, the comedian always remains firmly grounded in his roots: Minnesota, growing up in a big family (11 children!) with less than perfect parents and, his struggles with food.
The 100-seat venue provides an appropriately intimate setting for LouieÆs low-key, interactive format. Drink prices come in at under Strip price average, and the service is efficient.
What We’re Watching – Vegas Videos You’ll Enjoy
- Pub Crawl #086: The Best Place for Two-for-One Drink Coupons – David and Alicia are back and Pub Crawl is Live! Our crawlinÆ duo reveal a great Vegas spot for those suffering from a hangover, food specials not on the menu, and where to get two for one drink coupons. Then David explains the strange reason why some bars are better when the band stops playing. They close with the best advice ever before ordering your next drink.
- Caesars Palace featuring Shania Twain and the new Nobu Hotel – Join us in the adventures of Logan, the bellhop at Caesars Palace as he delivers the spectacular including Shania Twain, Nobu Hotel, Celine Dion, Matt Goss and more.
- 1994 Las Vegas compared to 2008 – Some of the things that have changed from 1994 to December 2008. And still more development is on the way! Features Luxor boat ride and the MGM Grand Adventures amusement park.
- Bonnie Springs Ranch – Just a few miles outside of town lies a real piece of the old west. Bonnie Springs Ranch was once a stopover for wagon trains in the 1800s. Now, itÆs home to a saloon, restaurant, petting zoo full of animals and much, much more. Bring your friends and family out to this oasis in the desert and get a taste of the old west.
We love to hear from you, and value your feedback! Here’s how to participate:
- Want to comment on a current reader post? Use the comment box on that particular web page. Many of the stories we post also have comment boxes at the end of the story. Make your voice heard!
- Drop us an email at AccessVegas@AccessVegas.com – We read them all!
- Call our recorded comment line at 702-507-0055. We listen to every call.
More Las Vegas News – Shows – Events
- ItÆs madness and mayhem with The Gazillionaire and Penny PibbetsBook Absinthe Las Vegas Tickets Now
- ‘Peepshow’ star wants to be momBook Peepshow Las Vegas Tickets Now
- Does Planet Hollywood’s Surf The Musical Sink Or Swim? Book Surf The Musical Las Vegas Tickets Now
- Burlesque dancer, 82, takes the stage one more time (with video)
- Inside Golden Nugget’s Gold Tower Rooms (with video)
- Peddling ban took effect on Monday on the Las Vegas Strip (with video)
- Echelon resort on hold, but being forced to beautify (with video)
- Construction begins on new pedestrian bridge downtown (with video)
- Ranch House In Town Square Las Vegas Announces National Watermelon Day Drink Specials
- GlowRun 7k Race and Block Party Invades Downtown Las Vegas
- Titanic: The Exhibition At Luxor Las Vegas Unveils New Artifacts
- Ranch House In Town Square Las Vegas Announces New Deals, Music, Karaoke
- Downtown Dining: Triple George Grill
- Good News, Bad News for Vegas Homebuyers
- Tender Steak and Seafood At Luxor
- Las Vegas is a shopperÆs paradise, reality TV star Laura Croft says
- Hard Rock’s Big Upgrade Rolls Out Vinyl, A Dropout, A Peacock, And More
- In Las Vegas, business is all conventional
- Happy Hour Las Vegas at AndreÆs and Alize
- Cocktailing, Just Off The Strip
- 5 Hottest Spas in Vegas
- Viva Las Vegas Tech: A Startup City Blooms in the Desert
- Clark County Commission declares ‘Pawn Stars Day’
- Collector Car Appreciation Day (photos)
- TI seeks to please all with its recent redevelopments
- “October Nine” set for 2012 World Series of Poker at the Rio
- New ætech-chicÆ bars with arcade games opening in Henderson
- Clark County Heritage Museum seeing big increase in visitors
- Conversation starters: Opposition toward a potential Strip-side gun store and more
- Like many others, Mexican national leaving Las Vegas
- Hard Rock Hotel is ready to snap and crackle with Vinyl
- At Toy Shack in Neonopolis, every day’s a playdate
- Zillow rates Las Vegas among top home sellers’ markets