AccessVegas.com Insider Vibe
Serving Las Vegas Visitors and Residents Since 1999
Welcome to the Insider Vibe! This is the official newsletter of AccessVegas.Com. We talk about the Las Vegas activities you really care about.
Need to contact us? Send feedback to
Missed an issue? Click to Read Back Issues Online.
AccessVegas.com Quick Info Menu:
Las Vegas Essentials
Newkirk’s Notes – comments on Las Vegas from AccessVegas.Com publisher Ted Newkirk:
Hello From Las Vegas! – As noted in our last issue, various regular sections of this newsletter may be missing during our next few issues. We’re devoting time to upgrades of our main AccessVegas.com site.
We are posting regular Las Vegas news and information updates to our AccessVegas.com Twitter Page and our AccessVegas.com Facebook Fan page. Follow us on Twitter and/or “Like” us on Facebook for more frequent updates.
Enjoy This Issue!
Associate Editor / News Researcher: Rick Ziegler
Concerts and Headliners: Amy Rayner-Cooley
The Price Is Right Live In Las Vegas Brings Back Joey Fatone As Host For A Limited Run – ôThe Price is Right Liveö Stage Show welcomes back its special celebrity host, Joey Fatone July 11-29. Fatone will allow the audience members to play the fan-favorite games ôCliff Hangers,ö ôPlinko,ö ôThe Big Wheel,ö and absolutely ôShowcase.ö The show, from FremantleMedia, producers of ôThe Price is Rightö and ôAmerican Idolö features the different games at BallyÆs Las Vegas. The audience members enlisted by Fatone will have the chance to win thousands of dollars in cash and prizes.
- Full story/details/info: The Price Is Right Live Brings Back Joey Faton
- Buy Tickets Now: The Price is Right Live
KISS By Monster Mini Golf Now Displaying The Jacket Of Famed KISS Manager Bill Aucoin – KISS By Monster Mini Golf is a unique rock æn roll-themed amusement attraction based on the legendary band KISS. It acquires a piece of KISStory from its original KISS manager Bill AucoinÆs personal collection. This is the first time that an item has been released from AucoinÆs arsenal since AucoinÆs passing in 2010. On display inside the KISS Gallery, is a yellow ôDolce and Gabbanaö leather jacket. The venue got the item after winning ôAucoin Auctionö that benefits Relay for Life for The American Cancer Society.
- Full story/details/info: KISS By Monster Mini Golf Now Displaying Bill Aucoin’s Jacket
PRB Rock Bar Las Vegas Announcing Grand Opening Of Rock Bar Addition – Grand opening of Rock Bar, the new party hot-spot on the Las Vegas strip, celebration was held on Friday, July 6 2012 at PBR Rock Bar & Grill inside Miracle Mile Shops at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino.
Its dusk till dawn to all the party enthusiasts as the DJ plays the latest dance music. For $25 one can enjoy free flowing drinks from the house bar including Ketel One cocktails and domestic drafts to rock the night away!
Fine Entertainment owner Jonathan Fine, mentioned that he doesn’t care if you’re dressed casually when you come to his place, because Las Vegas is all about kicking back and having a great time, and that is exactly what we deliver at the new Rock Bar.
- Full story/details/info: PRB Rock Bar Announcing Opening Of Rock Bar
Tacos & Tequila Goes All In For National Hot Dog Day With Special Sonoran Dog – In celebrating the National Hot Dog day on Saturday, July 23, 2012, Americas best tequila bar Tacos & Tequila will launch blow-out promo prices on everyone’s favorite Mexican-tasting Sonoran Hot Dog, served only at T&T in Luxor Hotel and Casino.
- Full story/details/info: Tacos & Tequila Goes All In For National Hot Dog Day
Maverick Silver Cloud Sunset Helicopter Tour û This Las Vegas helicopter flight at sunset is a must for Las Vegas sightseeing. Catch a one-of-a-kind sunset aboard our air-only Silver Cloud flight and return from the Grand Canyon as the stunning lights of Las Vegas come to life and transform the city into the “Entertainment Capital of the World.” Air Tour Only (No Landing). Duration: approximately 3.5 hours.
Criss Angel: Believe by DW Grant
Criss AngelÆs ôBelieveö – Rock and Roll invades the World of Magic – Take the magic and mystery of Lance Burton and scramble it all up in the frenzy and irreverence of Rock and Roll and you just may have the written the script for Criss AngelÆs ôBelieve,ö now playing at the Luxor Hotel Casino. Even the theater itself seems to be an outrageous homage to one of AngelÆs mentors.
Best Little Whorehouse In Texas by Guy Chapman
The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas Spices Up The Plaza Showroom – When it comes to musical productions in Las Vegas, one usually has to look to either the Strip, or the newly opened Smith Center. However, show-savvy patrons might be surprised and pleased to know that there is a fun-filled and rollicking production down on the infamous Fremont Street Experience, deep in the heart of the Plaza Showroom.
- Read Entire Best Little Whorehouse In Texas Review
- Best Little Whorehouse In Texas Las Vegas tickets, video, and info
We love to hear from you, and value your feedback! Here’s how to participate:
- Want to comment on a current reader post? Use the comment box on that particular web page. Many of the stories we post also have comment boxes at the end of the story. Make your voice heard!
- Drop us an email at AccessVegas@AccessVegas.com – We read them all!
- Call our recorded comment line at 702-507-0055. We listen to every call.
- Esteemed Gentleman of the High Wire At Absinthe
- ôJersey Boysö Named ôBest Classic Production Showö
- “Phantom” Prepares its Final Curtain (with video)
- The Dream, And Curtain, Is Soon To Descend on Phantom
- Dance fever takes hold at the Tropicana as æDancing With The StarsÆ announces four-week extension
- L.V. visitor asks Celine Dion, æHave you seen this movie called æTitanicÆ?æ
- æIron ChefÆ films at MGM Grand; two-month break for Donny & Marie
- Taylor Hicks begins eight-week summer run at BallyÆs
- Penn & Teller to Get Hollywood Walk of Fame Star
- The Edgy Star Kristin Is FantasyÆs July Showgirl Of The Month
- æSurf the MusicalÆ opens at Planet Hollywood after five-day glitch
- Musical ‘Surf’ is bet worthy of high rollers
- New road linking Las Vegas and Phoenix being planned (with video)
- Nevada companies receive first online gaming licenses (with video)
- County commissioners make Strip peddling a misdemeanor (with video)
- Navigating though the parking changes at McCarran Airport (with video)
- Eldorado Casino celebrates 50 years in Henderson (with video)
- Potential for online gaming receives mixed Strip reviews (with video)
- A collector’s Vegas paradise: Space capsule, Mayan temple and more (with video)
- New $2.4B terminal now open at McCarran International (with video)
- Behind the scenes at World Series of Poker (with video)
- License approvals are milestone in NevadaÆs push for online gaming (with video)
- æRight amount of wrongÆ ads prove effective for the Cosmopolitan (with video)
- Las Vegas strip: Home to gambling, shows and gun ranges? (with video)
- ‘Magician’ scores record $18M poker tourney win (with video)
- Vegas vacationer hits $1M slot jackpot with just $20 (with video)
- Fright Dome At Circus Circus Celebrates Friday The 13th With 10th Anniversary Fan Offer
- Union Village Unveils Final Plan Integrated Las Vegas Health Village
- The Sorcerer of Linq Alley
- Where Should You Sit At Smith Center?
- Gun company looks to sell firearms on LV Strip
- The Linq Marches On
- Your First Peek At The Las Vegas Twin Peaks
- Take the gamble out of dining in Las Vegas
- æReal Housewives of L.V.Æ? No! Glamorous æVegas MomsÆ
- Beat It To The Casino Floor For Michael Jackson Slots
- Fall TV Pilot Preview: CBS’ ‘Vegas’
- Mandalay Bay’s Michael Jackson Obsession Is Growing
- Why Vegas Flights Might Cost More
- A Rat Pack of Las Vegas Food Reviewers
- Sixty-five years after Bugsy got whacked, an old associateÆs got some theories to share
- Inside A Room at the Fremont Hotel
- Playboy RadioÆs five broadcasts showcase L.V. adult pools
- Tasting the hype at Gordon Ramsay Steak
- We’ve Got Amore For This Miracle Mile Hidden Gem
- It’s Not All Bright Lights and Pillow Mints
- The Lost Slots of Vegas
- Casino owner’s $2 million gift surprises Las Vegas
- Botero at Encore Beats Bagatelle to the Supper Club Table
- Get the Skinny on Skinny Cocktails in Vegas
- Are Bartenders the New Dealers?
- Project Linq Construction Photos
- 32 Degree Draft Bar At M Has 97 Beers
- Top 8 Collision Intersections in Las Vegas (some on The Strip)
- How a magic carpet ride became a slot machine game
- Authorities trying new ways to curb taxicab long-hauling
- Rave Cinemas raises the bar à with beer!
- Las Vegas Economy Picks Up But Remains Sluggish
- Bradley Ogden restaurant closing at Caesars Palace
- Final play begins in $1 million buy-in poker game
- Casinos going online, using Facebook to recruit new players
- Hawaiian Airlines finds itself shuffled about at Las Vegas airport
- Hidden behind clowns and roller coasters is a Las Vegas steakhouse classic
- STK at the Cosmopolitan introduces a 6.5-carat sapphire steak knife
- Should McCarran airport be renamed for Las Vegas?
- Strip performers continue Las Vegas tradition of dancing across Golden Rainbow
- A few extinct casino brands weÆd like to see return to the Strip
- New Las Vegas Allegiant flight to land in Honolulu
- Get ready for that new airport smell at McCarranÆs Terminal 3
- Great exports: Vegas restaurants beyond the city limits
- Former Mayor Oscar Goodman couldn’t say ‘no’ to Tony Spilotro
- Infamous topless club, Crazy Horse Too, may get new life
- Las Vegas-to-Phoenix expressway moves forward
- Pop Up Pizza pops up at Plaza
- ‘Dance’ lacks needed spirit; ‘Dancing Queen’ more lively
- Tax Commission reconfirms that comps arenÆt free for restaurants and hotels
- Earl of Sandwich opening second restaurant in Las Vegas
- TVÆs æRestaurant: ImpossibleÆ gears up to reopen Las Vegas restaurant
- Have it your way: personalized video poker on tap
- From humbling beginnings, Puck’s Spago gave rise to Vegas’ fine-dining movement
- Area mountains offer relief from summer heat
- Tony HsiehÆs dreams seem lofty, but they are worth pursuing
- Downtown3rd brand ties restaurants, bars, casino
- Tyson bucks trend, heads to Broadway
- Comp meals must be taxed, state Tax Commission finds
- Fast action on the corner of Trop and the Strip leads to arrival of Bagatelle
- Aria hike exhaustive artistically and aerobically
- PGA Tour stop in Las Vegas gets major boost
- Local median home prices rise in May