AccessVegas.com Insider Vibe
Serving Las Vegas Visitors and Residents Since 1999
Welcome to the Insider Vibe! This is the official newsletter of AccessVegas.Com. We talk about the Las Vegas activities you really care about.
AccessVegas.com Quick Info Menu:
Las Vegas Essentials
Newkirk’s Notes – comments on Las Vegas from AccessVegas.Com publisher Ted Newkirk:
Ted is involved this week in research and development for some exciting new features we’ll be rolling out over the winter. He wishes everyone (where applicable) a happy and safe Labor Day weekend and a quick recovery to those affected by Irene.
Please enjoy this issue prepared by staff.
Associate Editor: Amy Rayner-Cooley
News Researcher/Editor: Rick Ziegler
Skip the airport taxi hassles and arrive at your hotel in style:
McFadden’s Celebrates Halfway To St. Patrick’s Day On Saturday, September 17 – Halfway Doesn’t Mean Half the Celebration – McFadden’s Restaurant and Saloon at the Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino is ready to celebrate its second favorite day of the year with a æHalfway to St. Patrick’s Day’ celebration on Saturday, September 17. The Irish hot-spot will party all day with authentic Irish food, cocktail specials and plenty of Irish fun.
Partygoers will kick-off McFadden’s halfway celebration with a $10 Irish breakfast including eggs, sausage, Irish soda bread and more, along with half priced green beers and half priced 32-ounce pitchers of green beer for $5, served all day. All Irish partiers will enjoy ‘Happy 2 Hours’ from 8 p.m. until 10 p.m. for only $15, followed by an open bar from 10 p.m. until 1 a.m. priced at $20 for ladies and $30 for guys.
- Full story/details/info: McFadden’s Celebrates Halfway To St. Patrick’s Day On Saturday, September 17
Bellagio Unveils Newly Redesigned Guest Rooms – AAA Five Diamond Resort Enhances Experience With Fresh, Elegant Designs – Poised to set a new standard in luxury accommodations, Bellagio unveiled a fresh, elegant collection of newly redesigned rooms this week. Each of the three distinct color palettes was carefully created to further enhance the AAA Five Diamond guest experience at one of the world’s most iconic resorts.
“We want guests to feel inspired from the moment they step off the elevator, ” said Randy Morton, president and chief operating officer of Bellagio. “The incredible combination of vibrant, yet warm, colors, beautiful botanical imagery and the overall crisp ambiance should set the tone for a very special experience. ”
- Full story/details/info: Bellagio Unveils Newly Redesigned Guest Rooms
Tacos and Tequila Introduces Decadent Desserts With A Mexican Twist – Tacos & Tequila (T&T) at Luxor Hotel and Casino introduces new dessert items to their menu, guaranteed to satisfy any sweet tooth.
After enjoying T&TÆs delicious enchiladas or homemade chips and salsa, thereÆs no better way to satiate your taste buds than with any of T&TÆs decadent dessert items. Making their debut at T&T are the chocolate quesadilla, made with a fresh, warm tortilla filled with creamy Nutella hazelnut spread and sliced bananas as well as T&TÆs flan, topped with a sweet caramel glaze. The chocolate quesadilla and flan join T&TÆs existing array of flavorful favorites including the tres leches cake, a sweet and moist Mexican treat and the banana empanada, a warm empanada, with caramel filling and sliced bananas. For those looking for something cool to satisfy their cravings, T&T also offers their traditional helado frito or fried ice cream, or a classic brownie sundae.
- Full story/details/info: Tacos and Tequila Introduces Decadent Desserts With A Mexican Twist
Rio Hosts San Gennaro Feast Sept. 13-18 San Gennaro Feast Is ‘A Love Affair With Little Italy’ – Featuring Celebrity Chefs and Restaurants, Lower Admission, Free Parking, More Rides Than Ever and The Zillerator Roller Coaster Along with Great Complimentary Entertainment.
WHAT: The 32nd Annual San Gennaro Feast will take place Sept. 13-18, 2011, at the Rio All-Suite Hotel and Casino Las Vegas in the northeast parking lot. The festival celebrating the spirit of San Gennaro features more than 70 restaurant food booths, amusements rides, arts and crafts and complimentary entertainment coordinated and hosted by Tony Sacca, who has been part of the event for more than 20 years. Every night, hundreds of dollars of San Gennaro Chips will be given away for food purchases, amusement rides and more.
- Full story/details/info: Rio Hosts San Gennaro Feast Sept. 13-18 San Gennaro Feast Is ‘A Love Affair With Little Italy’
RÝ Rß Las Vegas Is Las VegasÆ Home For Barclays Premier League Action – RÝ Rß Las Vegas inside The Shoppes at Mandalay Place hosts Barclays Premier League viewing parties throughout the soccer season. Opening early for matches, fans are encouraged to enjoy food and drink specials while supporting their favorite teams.
- Full story/details/info: RÝ Rß Las Vegas Is Las VegasÆ Home For Barclays Premier League Action
PBR Rock Bar and Grill Will Serve As Place For Football Fans To Unite And Watch The Games – Football Buffs Can Catch All the Action on 105 HD-TVs, Beer Specials – It’s time for all die-hard football fanatics to dust off their pigskin gear to celebrate the end of the lock-out, and the start of a new and exciting football season at PBR Rock Bar & Grill.
PBR Rock Bar invites jersey-and-foam-finger-wearing patrons that bleed their team’s colors to watch the nail-biting, fall-off-your-seat, action from the restaurant and bar’s 105 HD-TVs.
Football aficionados can knock back a few cold ones with PBR Rock Bar’s beer bucket specials during every game. Each bucket will include five beers and offers guests the choice of Budweiser or Bud Light beer for $19, or buckets of imported beers for $24. Patrons can also enjoy Monday Night Football with Smirnoff vodka drinks for an unbeatable price of $5 each. Football devotees can also take home a special memory from Monday Night Football at PBR Rock Bar with 48-ounce football souvenir cups which will be sold for $20 for domestic drafts and can be refilled for $10. Souvenir cups can be filled with imported drafts and mixed drinks for an additional cost.
- Full story/details/info: PBR Rock Bar and Grill Will Serve As Place For Football Fans To Unite And Watch The Games
Shop for a Cause with Crystals at CityCenter in Celebration of ‘Fashion’s Night Out’ – Crystals at CityCenter, the Las Vegas Strip’s most exquisite shopping, dining and entertainment experience, is celebrating ‘Fashion’s Night Out’ Sept. 8 from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m. with one of the largest fashion events Las Vegas has seen. Throughout the evening, Crystals will offer unique in-store experiences, heart-pumping entertainment including a performance by Los Angeles-based soul group Fitz and the Tantrums and delicious restaurant tastings.
This year marks the first time an entire Las Vegas shopping destination will join to celebrate ‘Fashion’s Night Out’ through multiple partnerships with local charitable organizations. ‘Fashion’s Night Out’ is a global initiative created in 2009 to put the fun back into fashion through exciting events and partnerships.
“Crystals’ celebration of ‘Fashion’s Night Out’ will create an unparalleled opportunity for Las Vegas locals and visitors to support a wide array of charitable causes in one night,” said Farid Matraki, vice president and general manager of Crystals at CityCenter. “We are elated to join worldwide fashion capitals in this celebration of fashion with an incredible lineup of boutiques and entertainment that could only be offered by Crystals.”
- Full story/details/info: Shop for a Cause with Crystals at CityCenter in Celebration of ‘Fashion’s Night Out’
Primm Valley Casino Resorts Completes Extensive Hotel and Casino Rejuvenations Resulting in Fresh New Look for Property – Primm Valley Casino Resorts has completed its $8.5 million property rejuvenation project that offers a fresh atmosphere for guests to enjoy alongside a plethora of amenities.
Renovations began in Fall 2010 with updates at Buffalo Bill’s Resort & Casino. The hotel rooms received new furnishings that gave the western themed space a modern edge. The property also added new carpeting to its casino floor and a recognizable Denny’s restaurant to the dining options. In an effort to become an eco-friendly property, energy-saving LED light bulbs replaced old lighting throughout the casino and light sensors were added to guest rooms to avoid excessive use of electricity.
Primm Valley Resort & Casino took on a $7 million renovation project transforming the hotel into a premium boutique escape. Primm Valley’s 624 hotel rooms underwent major changes that gave each a makeover to reflect its acquired boutique style. Contemporary furniture replaced the existing including new beds with leather upholstered headboards and chic linens as well as complimenting bedside tables. New fixtures and decorations were added to accent the deep red textured walls, rounding out the room’s exquisite design.
- Full story/details/info: Primm Valley Casino Resorts Completes Extensive Hotel and Casino Rejuvenations Resulting in Fresh New Look for Property
Football Frenzy Returns To Cabo Wabo – Saturday, Sunday and Monday Specials All Season Long – Cabo Wabo Cantina will provide all the rumblin’, bumblin’, stumblin’ action this football season, with a rousing roster of events taking place Saturdays, Sundays and Monday nights. Sammy Hagar’s rockin’ cantina will prove to be the best bet on the Strip with multiple high-definition televisions, amazing drink specials, a delicious breakfast menu and outstanding giveaways all season long.
- Full story/details/info: Football Frenzy Returns To Cabo Wabo – Saturday, Sunday and Monday Specials All Season Long
Hoover Dam Express Bus Tour û Considered one of the greatest engineering feats in the world, Hoover Dam is Nevada’s number one sightseeing attraction, the tallest structure of its kind in the world, and one of America’s Seven Modern Civil Engineering Wonders. Travel to the Hoover Dam in style and comfort aboard safe, modern and clean touring buses. Your talented driver/guide will be more than happy to share points of interest and answer all your questions along the way. You’ll experience breathtaking views of Hoover Dam, the Colorado River and Lake Mead. Take pictures from the visitors center overlook and view the exhibits.
Click To Book Hoover Dam Express Bus Tour Now!
What We’re Watching – Vegas Videos You’ll Enjoy
- Lady Gaga, Steven Tyler Join ‘Legends in Concert’ in Las Vegas – ‘Legends in Concert‘ is the longest-running celebrity tribute show on the Las Vegas Strip. The show recently added Lady Gaga (played by Kate Steele) and Steven Tyler (Chris VanDahl) to its line-up. Here’s a sample of the spot-on live performances that have made ‘Legends’ such a legend in Las Vegas.
- Skating Aratas take ‘Absinthe’ audiences for a spin – It’s exhilarating — and frightening — how fast she’s spinning through the air, like a Tilt-A-Whirl on some hallucinogenic drug. Her feet are locked behind her husband’s neck; his arms are up, in a ‘V’, his deltoids trapping her ankles, preventing her from flying into the audience like a carless crash test dummy. One misstep — a failed skate, a weakened grip, debris on the table — would be devastating. Read More…
- George Wallace – George Wallace has been a fixture on the Las Vegas Strip for more than seven years. HeÆs been called the ‘Godfather of Comedy’, ‘The New Mr. Las Vegas’, and his show is hailed by many as the ‘Best 10 PM show’ on the strip. You can find this funny man thinkin’ and performing Tuesday through Saturday night at Flamingo Hotel and Casino. We recently spent some time getting to know the man behind the show.
- Cocktail Culture: Swedish Fish – Watch bartender Hilary Clevenger get her sweet on with Sugar Factory’s Swedish Fish, created by Ken Hall. Sugar Factory Las Vegas is far more than a place to buy lolipops!
Members Mania – We Love Our Readers!
Members Mania will return when Ted returns next week. In the meantime, remember you can post comments to many of our stories by looking for the comment box below the story.
We love to hear from you, and value your feedback! Here’s how to participate:
- Want to comment on a current reader post? Use the comment box on that particular web page. Many of the stories we post also have comment boxes at the end of the story. Make your voice heard!
- Drop us an email at AccessVegas@AccessVegas.com – We read them all!
- Call our recorded comment line at 702-507-0055. We listen to every call.
More Las Vegas News – Shows – Events
- Holly’s World brings viewers in, adds resonance to Peepshow
Book Peepshow Las Vegas Tickets Now
- Legends in Concert, Even Better Than YouÆve Heard (with video)
Book Legends in ConcertáLas Vegas Tickets Now
- Skating Aratas take ‘Absinthe’ audiences for a spin (with video)
Book AbsintheáLas Vegas Tickets Now
- Las Vegas magicians strive to bring innovation to field
Book Penn & Teller Las Vegas Tickets Now
- Rockhouse Las Vegas Welcomes All Football Fanatics For NFL Opening Day
- Treasure Island Las Vegas Hosts Launch Party for Jim Beam’s Devil’s Cut September 8
- Three Square and Caesars Entertainment Las Vegas Resorts Partner for Fifth Annual Restaurant Week
- MARIACHI USA Fiesta Tropicana Style at Nikki Beach Club Celebrating Mexican Independence, September 17, 2011
- Epicurean Charitable Foundation To Celebrate 10th Annual Scholarship Fundraising Gala
- El Cortez Continues 70th Anniversary Celebrations with Cinema Competition in Downtown Las Vegas
- Brew Las Vegas Beer and Music Festival
- Boyd Gaming’s Pick the Pros Football Contest Returns for 34th Season
- Madame Tussauds Las Vegas Welcomes the Arrival of The Michael Jackson Experience
- Sonrisa Grill and Jose Cuervo host the third annual Margarita Festival at The Village Lake Las Vegas benefitting AFAN
- Direct bus connection from Henderson to downtown Las Vegas.
- Grand Canyon’s North Rim a step above
- Why Caesars Entertainment is shooting for 30-something customers for Linq
- Games don’t count, but NFL still stirs interest
- Foreseeable Chapter 11 filing could help Hooters
- Discount Airlines Betting Big in Las Vegas
- Vegas’ awkward coming-out (gay) party
- Riviera bringing bingo back to the Strip
- Tao Beach provides minister for partyers wanting to say ‘I do’
- Road widening between Hoover Dam, Boulder City on the way