Hello From Las Vegas! – Vegas is in full swing, and I hope and trust that normal is here to stay. My job has plenty of behind-the-scenes drudgery. Comes with the territory. But usually, one of the fun parts is keeping you up on all the great Las Vegas info you need to know. Much of it which you simply won’t find elsewhere, or won’t find our “below the headlines” take which keeps you super-informed.
What To Know About Resorts World – Resorts World opened with a bang. A pretty impressive fireworks show from the rooftops was visible for miles! Dignitaries and celebs and billionaires mingled.
As someone who lived through the casino boom of the 90’s, and through the past decade of no new mega-resort on the Las Vegas Strip, I had almost forgotten what this feeling was like!
The Las Vegas skyline used to change so often, you didn’t notice. When Resorts World turned on their exterior lighting and started testing their video screens, I noticed. Driving home from a grocery run one night, I turned into my neighborhood and literally just about came to a standstill as something was different. The skyline was different. There was the top of Resorts World!
I will highlight some interesting things to know, but we’re not going to get into the nitty-gritty. Not everything is open yet, all new resorts have kinks to work out, and the first few days of a new resort are not representative of it in day-to-day operations.
Does the resort have something that will appeal to most? Yes. Just the amount of different feels from various color schemes gives various areas of the property different vibes. 40 food and beverage outlets will assure you can find something you like. At Strip prices, of course.
Side Note: We’re always looking out for our frugal members. Cross the street and you’ll find (starting from Resorts World Avenue, where you can cross at the light). Mentions do not constitute an endorsement:
This column, breaking down
– Must-know about Resorts World cashless gaming. Even if you prefer to play with cash, there is one situation where using their system will save you money.
– Why you should (or should not) make it a point to visit Resorts World, and what to expect.
– The best North Strip food spots (and we list a variety of cuisines) that have locals pricing if you want to avoid Resorts World “resort” food prices.
– How to get locals pricing on amazing food regardless of what hotel you are staying at (and, without taking an Uber)
– The $5 show, which includes a free cocktail, that you probably don’t know about.
…and Much More, continues for our Members HERE.
Not a member? Find out more at Members.AccessVegas.com
Newkirk’s Notes has been published by AccessVegas.com Founder Ted Newkirk continuously (in one form or another) since 1995.
Ted is a noted and quoted Las Vegas analyst, having been quoted and sourced multiple times in 2020 alone in publications ranging from the Las Vegas Review-Journal (Nevada’s largest newspaper) to U.S. News and World Report.
Newkirk’s Notes go well beyond the basic news, rumors, and (often questionable) thoughts and proclamations floating around on the internet. Our Supporting (Paid) Members know not only what is happening, but why, and how they can benefit (or know what to avoid).
For example, countless Members have had incredibly enjoyable and successful visits to Las Vegas during COVID simply because they were truly in the know, and not only knew what was happening, but what was on the horizon.
Saving them money, time and inconvenience.
At $34.80 for an entire year (only $2.90 per month), we distill down what you really need to know, so that your trip this spring, summer, or even later in the year turns out to be your best ever. And, we GUARANTEE it.
Especially in these unprecedented times, find out what it is like to ACTUALLY be in the KNOW this time around:
Hope You Are Enjoying This Issue!
Las Vegas Shows
Country Star Garth Brooks says Vegas Concert Audience Can Expect ‘a lot of fun’
It’s the show fans have been waiting for and it’s happening in three weeks. Garth Brooks talked about the upcoming July 10 concert at the Allegiant Stadium with Good Day Las Vegas Friday morning. “You can expect a lot of chaos and high volume,” he said.
Las Vegas Dining
Bacchanal Buffet Is Back In Las Vegas, And It’s Beautiful
While many of us let ourselves go to pot over the pandemic, some came out refreshed and revitalized—sort of like Bacchanal Buffet. It recently reopened with a beautiful makeover of the carving station and American and Latin sections and introduced 100 new dishes!
* Barrel Cocktails and a Highball Cart Highlight the New Stadia Bar, Now Open at Caesars Palace
* Dinner and a Show With Live Entertainment Is Making a Comeback in Las Vegas
* Wynn Las Vegas buffet reopens on July 1
* Rhumbar at The Mirage to close permanently for new lounge concept
* Joël Robuchon’s Two Outstanding French Restaurants Reopen in July on the Las Vegas Strip
* Decadent Supper Club Delilah Reveals Its Over-the-Top Menu – The cocktails are just as divine on the Las Vegas Strip
* Excalibur Las Vegas to reopen buffet on July 1
* The Wynn’s Delilah Is A Glamorous Dining Experience Inspired By Vegas’ Past
* I dined at Bobby Flay’s new Italian restaurant in Las Vegas and it’s worth the hype
* Resorts World Brings Fresh Entertainment, Dining and Nightlife To The Las Vegas Strip
Las Vegas Hotels
5 New Las Vegas Hotels to Book For an Indulgent Post-Pandemic Vacay
If you’re planning a Las Vegas vacation, the question of “where to stay” will likely come up before you book flights, pool party cabanas, and restaurant reservations. Fortunately, the past year has been a boom period for hotels, with all-new builds and dramatic renovations that even a pandemic couldn’t slow down. Vegas has taken a sharp turn away from the one-dimensional exteriors of the Excalibur, Luxor, and other themed hotels; now preferring bold, contemporary spaces where guests are less likely to get lost in a casino and encouraged to explore a wider variety of attractions.
* Virgin Hotels Las Vegas hosts star-studded grand opening event
* Harrah’s Las Vegas completes $200 million in renovations
* Hotel room rates rising in Las Vegas, nationwide
* Virgin Hotels Las Vegas welcomes Sir Richard Branson, unveils revamped beach club
* 8 Best Pool Parties in Las Vegas
* Three brands, three levels of luxury make Resorts World choices unique
* Project in focus – Dream Las Vegas to go up across from Mandalay Bay
Note From Ted:
Members Mania is a regular feature for our Supporting (Paid) Members. Membership includes our “Your Guy In Vegas” feature, where you can reach out to myself and our paid staff of experts with your specific Vegas questions. We don’t have “canned” answers. We’ll ask you for some details pertaining to you, your wants and needs. Then, answer accordingly.
This is regarding the article Boaters still enjoying Lake Mead waters despite record low levels
How do you feel about all these water issues? Are you concerned? Is there a plan B in action? Curious because it seems the water levels are dangerously low.
Holly Haskins via the AccessVegas.com Las Vegas Insider Vibe Membership Facebook Group
Paid (Supporting) Members, please login to your Membership Area to read the answer!
For our Members, we went into:
– What the future of water holds for Las Vegas.
– Should you be worried that visiting is harming the environment?
– How using water in Las Vegas is so much different than other parts of the desert southwest.
Whether it has been accurate information on exactly what is happening in Las Vegas, accurately letting our Members know what to expect as Las Vegas reopened, specific information they NEED to know for their next visit which we answer via our “Your Guy In Vegas“ Membership benefit, or more…
Investing less than $3 per month (paid yearly) with our Access Vegas Insider Vibe Membership Program is the ultimate way to hedge the thousands you spend on your Las Vegas vacation.
The casinos don’t fund us. We are Member-Supported. Invest in a One-Year Membership TODAY!
We have answers to your Vegas questions!
But, you have to ask the questions.
Email us at AccessVegas@AccessVegas.com, and let us know, what YOU want to know!
Las Vegas Tours and Attractions
8 Best Day Trips From Las Vegas, Nevada
It’s impossible to get bored in Las Vegas, so it’s understandable that many people visit Sin City and never get beyond its borders. However, there are some fascinating and beautiful sights just a short drive away. And if you need a break from all the lights and noise, then a day trip might just be the right idea.
* Historic Route 66 to Amboy, CA
* Road Trippin’ from Las Vegas to The Grand Canyon
* Boaters still enjoying Lake Mead waters despite record low levels
* Las Vegas Renaissance Festival returns in October
* These Galleries Are Keeping Art Alive And Vital In Las Vegas’ Arts District
* Las Vegas man using app to rent boat, equipment at Lake Mead
Las Vegas Gambling
Las Vegas Sports
Other Las Vegas News
Here’s What’s New In Las Vegas For Summer 2021
Summer is upon us and Las Vegas is back in full swing. Following a lift on the mask mandate, casinos returning to 100 percent capacity, and just about everything with the exception of some shows back to regular operations, Sin City is ready to welcome visitors. Whether you’re coming into town for a bachelor or bachelorette party, to try your luck at the tables, or to get some pent-up energy out of your system, this is the perfect place to do it. Most of your favorite spots are still around, but in a city where everything is constantly evolving or changing, there are also several new places to hit up if you’re visiting soon. Read on to discover some of the latest restaurants, bars, attractions, and hotels worth visiting this summer in Las Vegas.
* McCarran Airport unveils new security technology – LAS the only airport in the country using the “Innovation Checkpoint”
* Elon Musk’s Boring Loop is finally transporting passengers in Las Vegas
* Cannabis Consumption Lounges Are Coming To Las Vegas
* American Airlines partners with CareNow for pre-flight rapid COVID-19 testing
* Rules are about to change for consuming marijuana in Vegas
* Resorts World restaurants have wide range of cuisines, prices
* Resorts World’s first full day open – locals react ‘big and swank’
* Resorts World Las Vegas opens to excited fanfare
* Resorts World Las Vegas opens to the public
* Your Ultimate Las Vegas Luxury Shopping And Hotel Guide
* Casino tech – Even chips have chips at Resorts World, Las Vegas’ newest resort
What We’re Watching!
Vegas Videos You’ll Enjoy
Arizona – Virgin River Gorge I-1
This spectacular drive starts about 90 miles north of Las Vegas, and just a few miles north of the casino resort and golf city of Mesquite Nevada.
(Producers Notes) This video follows I-15 in both directions (North then South) through the Virgin River Gorge in Arizona and into Utah. This was originally released in 2013 (Video #13-52) and has been remade with a new soundtrack. FAQs and Directors Commentary are at the end of the video.
Public House Review 2020 Luxor Las Vegas
(Producers Notes) Luxor Public House, at Luxor Hotel and Casino Las Vegas, is a simple Vegas Sports Pub. The Public House at Luxor Menu is pretty varied, though mildly overpriced. We got a great Pubic House Dining Credit for Public House at the Luxor through our MyVegas Slots App. It’s a Public House Coupon for $20 as long as you spend at least forty, which is easy to do.
MGM Signature Room Review – A 5 Star Condo on the Las Vegas Strip?
(Producers Notes) When it was built years ago the MGM signature towers replaced an amusement park and brought I’m home away from home for travelers looking for a full condo in Las Vegas. This is a full resort in a room review of the MGM Signature in Las Vegas.
Engelbert Humperdinck: Live In Las Vegas at The Hilton (Full Concert) 1982
(Producers Notes) Engelbert Humperdinck: Live In Las Vegas Track Listing
1. Begin The Beguine
2. Release Me
3. Love The World Away
4. Baby Me Baby
5. Maybe This Time
6. Endless Love
7. You Make My Pants Want To Get Up And Dance
8. Welcome To My World
9. After The Lovin’
10. Medley: The Last Waltz / Another Time, Another Place / There Goes My Everything / Quando Quando Quando / This Moment In Time
11. American Trilogy
Cheapest Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner in Las Vegas
(Producers Notes) Here’s some more Cheap Eats! But this time, I’m showing you a Breakfast, Lunch, and a Dinner!
Would you think it’s possible to not spend a fortune visiting Las Vegas? I think it is possible, more like I know it’s possible. Since I have lived here for more than half my life and I love the strip, but you have to be careful because you will spend a pretty penny if you are not cautious. Over the years I have been collecting cheap eats spots, not knowing they would be as useful as now. I’m going to show you a full day of eating, so that means one breakfast, one lunch, and one dinner.
Resorts World Las Vegas Food Court and Restaurants Full Tour
(Producers Notes) Resorts World Las Vegas food court is inspired by the street food hawker stalls of Southeast Asia. Resorts World restaurants include Genting Palace, Carversteak, Brezza, Kusa Nori, Viva, Fuhu, and Wally’s. In this video, we take a full tour of the restaurants and food hall at Resorts World Las Vegas.
VIP Grand Canyon Skywalk Tour via helicopter trip to and from the Skywalk. Stunning views! Expedited and exclusive arrangements available.
Here’s how to participate:
Drop us an email at AccessVegas@AccessVegas.com – We read them all!
Link To Us! – Have a home page, web page, or blog? Link to us, and give yourself and your friends a quick link to find us from your site. Simply link to http://www.accessvegas.com and name the link Access Vegas!
Share the info: Click to Email this newsletter to a friend!
For comments or questions regarding our content or this newsletter write us at AccessVegas@AccessVegas.com.
Physical Address: 3565 Las Vegas Blvd. South #411, Las Vegas, NV 89109