Hello From Las Vegas! – After a cold, windy weekend, we’ll be bouncing back to seasonal temperatures (around 60F for a high) this coming week. Bummer for the weekend visitors, who are getting subjected to the low 50’s and tons of wind (gusts up to 30 mph). We live in the desert, and weather can bounce all over the place. Also, what is balmy to some of you from cold climates is going to feel chilly to someone from Southern California.
The Hottest Ticket In Town? – No, it isn’t Celine. The red-hot Vegas Golden Knights hockey team are proving to be a huge hit. While their great record isn’t hurting attendance, the big news is the popularity of the games with visitors. MGM’s “The Park” (the area leading from The Strip to T-Mobile arena) is filled with visitors from the opposing team’s city, sporting their gear. On top of that, we’re hearing from people who are simply hockey fans, and going to see games even if their team isn’t involved if the game is happening during their stay!
If you have even given any thought to a road trip to watch your team play ours, here’s some advice: Don’t delay on buying your tickets. AXS.com is the place where official tickets are sold. (Don’t try Ticketmaster). If they are sold out, or you don’t like the price or selection, come by our Tickets.AccessVegas.com and see what we have.
This is a resale market, which means we may have better seats than what are left through the official site, or we may even have cheaper seats based on demand. If a number of season ticket holders aren’t attending, those tickets end up on sites like ours.
The Rest Of The Story – Over in our Premium Advantage members-supported version of this issue (more content, free reports, 150 archived exclusive Las Vegas tips and tricks, ALL of 2017’s issues archived, hundreds of no-coupon-needed updated food and drink specials on The Strip and Fremont Street), we discuss the conspiracy theories surrounding the Oct. 1. shooting, when Las Vegas hotel pool season starts, interesting fun facts about our two towers (Stratosphere and Eiffel), and a fun story about the Las Vegas “Chip” monk from Guardian Angel Cathedral right on the Las Vegas Strip.
Oh, and which Las Vegas casino is running lucky for the players with TWO million-dollar jackpots awarded in the past month! (Hint: It is one you probably haven’t thought of gambling at).
You get instant access to it all at Members.AccessVegas.com plus this is the last call for using the promo code VEGAS2018 to save 25% off of your one-year subscription.
Hope you are enjoying this issue!
Ted Newkirk, Publisher
Editor: Rick “VegasZiggy” Ziegler
Associate Editor, News Researcher, Concerts and Headliners: Amy Rayner-Cooley
In a city where lounge acts are nearly extinct, a new pre-dinner show is reviving vintage Vegas in an ideal setting. “The Cocktail Cabaret” takes guests back in time at 5 p.m. Wednesdays through Saturdays, thanks not only to the music but also to the kitschy venue: Cleopatra’s Barge, a floating lounge at Caesars Palace.
The extensive Palazzo renovations are finally starting to bear fruit, this week in the form of new cocktail lounge Rosina. It’s the creation of Sam Ross and David Rabin, the team behind The Venetian’s award-winning Dorsey bar. The pair has created a more personal experience this time around.
Las Vegas-known for its bright lights, lush colors and vibrant nightlife-serves as an adult playground for people from all over the world. To showcase the city’s past glitz and charm, a newly released book features life in Sin City from 1950 to 1980.
- Laughlin, Nevada – Fun On The Colorado River 90 Miles South Of Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Strip Makes Instagram list With New York, Disneyland
- On The Hunt For Valley Of Fire Photo-Ops Outside Las Vegas
- Secret Pizza, Hidden Music Venues, And More Reasons To Visit Las Vegas
- Tribe Plans To Open Zip Lines At West Rim Of Grand Canyon
Heavy doses of anxiety, security and elation greeted the imminent arrival of 2018 in Las Vegas. A crowd of 330,000 visitors was expected to fill the Strip and Fremont Street downtown, as a record contingent of law enforcement officers kept the peace.
- Husband Gives Thanks To Las Vegas Shooting Hero Who Helped His Wife
- California Family Remembers Dad Who Died In Las Vegas Shooting
- After Las Vegas Shooting, 87 Children Cope With Loss Of Parent
- Hundreds Of One October Survivors Reunite In Las Vegas To Thank First Responders
- It’s Back To Work For Route 91 Harvest Festival Vendors
- Museum To Catalog Every Item From Las Vegas Shooting Memorial
- Instead Of That $5 Water Bottle At Airports, Filling Stations
- Las Vegas Home In Spanish Trail Lists For $1.6M
- ‘Lefty’ Rosenthal’s Former Las Vegas Home Back On Market – PHOTOS
- How Retail On The Las Vegas Strip Appears To Buck Dire National Trend
- 2.5-Mile Segment Of Southbound I-11 Opens To Traffic
- WATCH: Woman Who Stole Fire EMS Vehicle Captured
- Las Vegas Installs 800 Safety Posts To Boost Pedestrian Safety
- Las Vegas Builders Continue To See Strong Home Sales
- Now You Can Ride A Driverless Shuttle In Las Vegas, For Free
- 10 Top Business Stories Include Las Vegas Shooting, Raiders In 2017
I am wondering what your thoughts are on BAZ at the Palazzo. I was reading some disheartening reviews about sales but apparently there are cheap tickets. If so, where can they be purchased etc.
As always, I appreciate your knowledge and the news letter!
The full, unedited Members Mania questions are available to our Premium Members. Members get guarenteed specific help with their Las Vegas questions from our knowledgeable, Las Vegas based staff. We then (where appropriate) share this help with ALL of our members.
In addition, the following three special reports are available IMMEDIATELY to paying members:
1. How To Con The Casino Computers Into Comping You More – This invaluable report will help turn the seldom-comped player into someone on the casino radar, and turn a regularly comped player into getting better offers! This information alone is worth many times the cost of the membership!
2. How To Recover Left Behind Articles From A Cab Virtually Immediately – If you’ve never left anything behind in a cab while on vacation, lucky you. It can ruin your trip. Even if the items get turned in, it can take hours and hours to get them back. We’ll make sure that doesn’t happen to you.
3. How To Avoid Paying Taxes On Many Gambling Wins – Did you know that the casino MUST report any slot or video poker win over $1199 to the IRS (who will tax you on it whether you report it to them or not)? Depending on your tax bracket, this can/will cost you hundreds (if not thousands) of dollars. Learn what you need to know NOW (before you visit the casino) to avoid getting victimized at tax time!
You’ll receive instant access to all of these reports by visiting Members.AccessVegas.com and signing up today.
Last Call – This is your very last chance to use our promo code VEGAS2018 to save 25%.
Vegas Videos You’ll Enjoy
On January 8, 2018, Intel launched 250 Shooting Star drones over the Bellagio and synced up a dazzling display in the sky with the ever popular Fountains of Bellagio show.
(Producers Notes) We ate at the Heart Attack Grill at the Fremont Street Experience. The restaurant is located in the Neonopolis building. People over 350lbs eat for free. Fun place to eat in Las Vegas. We will be back!
Julian Serrano stretches the boundaries of small plates and introduces guests to delectable interpretations of his native Spanish fare. Gather for lunch or dinner in an environment that rivals the energy of the innovative cuisine served. From the detailed d?cor to the hot tapas, flavor is abundant.
Neon Dream Vegas helicopter tour: Soar above The Strip and Downtown. Enjoy the famous sights like no one else! Save $30
There is no better place to see your favorite acts then in Las Vegas! You’re relaxed, can enjoy a fine meal, have some cocktails without the worry of driving, and no alarm is going to jar you awake all too early the next morning.
- Erykah Badu – February 15 Click for Tickets
- The Psychedelic Furs – March 17 Click for Tickets
- Bon Jovi – March 17 Click for Tickets
- George Clinton & Parliament Funkadelic – March 31 Click for Tickets
- Gloria Trevi & Alejandra Guzman – April 7 Click for Tickets
- Justin Timberlake – April 14-15 Click for Tickets
- Chris Robinson’s As the Crow Flies – May 8 Click for Tickets
- Sugarland, Brandy Clark & Clare Bowen – June 16 Click for Tickets
Valid at Caesars Palace, Paris Las Vegas, Planet Hollywood, Bally’s, Harrah’s, Rio, The LINQ, The Cromwell, Flamingo. Blackout dates may apply. Must be 21 years or older to book. Not valid with any other offer. Offer subject to change at anytime.
The Righteous Brothers Tickets
Save $20 Off!
Legends In Concert Tickets
Save $20 Off All Price Levels!
Magic Reinvented Nightly Tickets
Get $20 Off!
You’re enjoying our complimentary Insider Vibe Newsletter. Did you know we offer more? More Vegas Savings? More Vegas Help? More Vegas Advantage?
For about the price of a cup of coffee each month, you have full access to:
- Vegas Super Secret Specials Spreadsheet (list) of hundreds of “No Coupon Needed” Vegas casino food and drink specials. Want a sample? See just a few of the deals we’ve added in the past week: Hot New Vegas Food/Drink Specials Just Added
- Our “Your Guy In Vegas” Feature – Got a Vegas question? Instead of spending too much time looking up information you might not be certain about, fire it to us! We live here, we know Las Vegas, and we’ll give you a professional answer. (Some restrictions apply).
- Members Mania! – We share the answers to great Vegas questions with all of our Premium Members, helping everyone who pitches in with a premium membership. Plus great visitor feedback that you can learn from.
- The True Inside Scoop – AccessVegas.com CEO Ted Newkirk has been writing “Newkirk’s Notes” for upwards of two decades, giving members the true inside guide to everything that is going on in Las Vegas. Valuable information from someone in the know to save you time and money!
Here’s how to participate:
Drop us an email at AccessVegas@AccessVegas.com – We read them all!
Link To Us! – Have a home page, web page, or blog? Link to us, and give yourself and your friends a quick link to find us from your site. Simply link to http://www.accessvegas.com and name the link Access Vegas!
Share the info: Click to Email this newsletter to a friend!
For comments or questions regarding our content or this newsletter write us at AccessVegas@AccessVegas.com.