Hello From Las Vegas! – The big conventions are out of town, the cold snap is over, we’re going to be nudging at 70F going into this coming week, our Golden Knights are the second best team in the NHL (as I type), and Steve Wynn just announced yet another hotel project. Between that and the Resorts World site now sporting 5 construction cranes, the North Strip is set to boom! (More on that next week).
Las Vegas Taxi Trips Down – Visitors are abandoning using cabs in droves here, instead using Uber and Lyft to get around. Locals are flocking to the ride-sharing services as well. After decades of long-hauling visitors (taking them the long way to run up the fare), and ridiculous charges like $3 for using a credit card (when they finally got around to taking credit cards), the cab companies are getting bitten in the rear.
If you are using Uber or Lyft, you already know how awesome, convenient, and cost-effective they are. (Fares are cheaper than taxis). After you download their free app, you enter where you are at, where you want to go, and it quotes you a price. When you click to request a ride, the app actually shows you where your driver is, and how soon they should arrive. (Usually within minutes).
You actually ride with someone in their own car. However both companies have strict standards about car inspections, and drivers work to make the experience a great one as you rate them when you are done with your trip.
First Uber Ride Free (Up To $20) – We are continuing to offer your first Uber ride for free (here in Las Vegas, or wherever Uber exists) by using our promo code UberAV
This week, we present yet another special report:
The Rest Of The Story – Get instant access to this special report, other special exclusive member reports, 150 exclusive Las Vegas tips and tricks, ALL of 2017’s issues archived, hundreds of no-coupon-needed updated food and drink specials on The Strip and Fremont Street), plus guaranteed personal answers to your Las Vegas questions at
Hope you are enjoying this issue!
Ted Newkirk, Publisher
Editor: Rick “VegasZiggy” Ziegler
Associate Editor, News Researcher, Concerts and Headliners: Amy Rayner-Cooley
Having already spent more than five decades in the entertainment spotlight, the unwavering talent and lasting showmanship of Donny & Marie remains so popular that the multi-talented duo have announced the extension of their critically-acclaimed residency in the Donny & Marie Showroom at Flamingo Las Vegas through the end of 2018.
1-Quinoa Fritters at Border Grill: Mary Sue Milliken and Susan Feniger serve these appetizers at every party.
- Dining Review: Yardbird Southern Table And Bar Las Vegas
- 30 Tons A Day? Exploring The Myth And Reality Of Southern Nevada’s Shrimp Consumption
- Dine At NYC’s Most Exclusive Restaurant in Las Vegas or L.A.
- First Winery Opens In Las Vegas Area Adding To Henderson’s Booming Booze District
- Las Vegas Glitters With Luxurious Gold-Adorned Donuts
Filled with world-class restaurants, Las Vegas has become a leading destination for gastronauts. Now, its regional roster includes Sa’ Nyu Wa, an eatery that features Native American food traditions. Sa’ Nyu Wa is perched on the breathtaking edge of Grand Canyon West on the Hualapai Reservation, some 75 miles east of the Strip.
A Florida man won more than $1 million on a slot machine at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas Tuesday evening. Lyle of Orlando was vacationing with his girlfriend when he won $1,033,339 while playing “The Simpsons” slot machine.
It takes just minutes for a room service attendant to respond to a text message asking for a soda, bringing the Diet Coke on a tray with a glass of ice and lime wedges, no need for the modern hassle of placing a phone call.
I have not been to The Palms or The Rio in years. I used to really enjoy the Carnival In The Sky show, and the seafood buffet at The Rio. Plus, the Vegas Strip view from Voodoo Lounge was really really good.
I remember reading in your column how Red Rock Station bought The Palms, and were going to do a bunch of updates on it. Are they still worth seeing?
The full, unedited Members Mania questions are available to our Premium Members. Members get guarenteed specific help with their Las Vegas questions from our knowledgeable, Las Vegas based staff. We then (where appropriate) share this help with ALL of our members.
In addition, the following three special reports are available IMMEDIATELY to paying members:
1. How To Con The Casino Computers Into Comping You More – This invaluable report will help turn the seldom-comped player into someone on the casino radar, and turn a regularly comped player into getting better offers! This information alone is worth many times the cost of the membership!
2. How To Recover Left Behind Articles From A Cab Virtually Immediately – If you’ve never left anything behind in a cab while on vacation, lucky you. It can ruin your trip. Even if the items get turned in, it can take hours and hours to get them back. We’ll make sure that doesn’t happen to you.
3. How To Avoid Paying Taxes On Many Gambling Wins – Did you know that the casino MUST report any slot or video poker win over $1199 to the IRS (who will tax you on it whether you report it to them or not)? Depending on your tax bracket, this can/will cost you hundreds (if not thousands) of dollars. Learn what you need to know NOW (before you visit the casino) to avoid getting victimized at tax time!
You’ll receive instant access to all of these reports by visiting Members.AccessVegas.com and signing up today.
Last Call – This is your very last chance to use our promo code VEGAS2018 to save 25%.
It was 4:30 p.m., and the puck wouldn’t be dropped for another two hours. But the Jersey People already had gathered for the latest installment of Hockey Night in Las Vegas.
- NFR Tips Hat To Those Killed At Route 91 Harvest Festival
- Las Vegas Massacre Survivor Leaves Hospital: ‘I Still Got A Lot Of Living To Do’
- Las Vegas Survivor Mike Cronk, Who Saved Friend’s Life, Looks Back On The Massacre
- Las Vegas Victims’ Fund Creates New Record For GoFundMe
- Coroner Releases Causes Of Death For All 58 Victims Of Las Vegas Shooting
- Resort Industry Raises $12M To Help Las Vegas Shooting Victims
- Victims Of Las Vegas Shooting Granted Fairy-Tale Wedding
- Las Vegas ‘What Happens Here, Stays Here’ Ads Devived
- Las Vegas’s Economy Is On The Brink Of A Boom
- Series Of Poker Trips Led To Fox Airline Comedy ‘LA To Vegas’
- Nearly 4,000 Per Month Ride Free Downtown Las Vegas Shuttle
- Nevada Saw Influx Of People Under 35 In 2017, Survey Says
- Las Vegas Breaks Records During Hot, Dry 2017
- The 5 Best Gambling And Vegas Movies To Binge-Watch This Weekend
- Las Vegas Valley Sets New Record For Longest Time Without Rain
- 50 Years Of Facts And Fiction: A Look Back At Evel Knievel’s Jump At Caesars
- Unfinished Fontainebleau On Las Vegas Strip Becomes Project Blue
Vegas Videos You’ll Enjoy
For those of you who miss the days of every hotel having a great, energetic free lounge show, you must check out Zowie Bowie (aka Chris Phillips, no relation to David). They tear it up on the 3’rd Street Stage (next to Four Queens) every Thursday night from 10PM to 1AM.
(Producer’s Notes) Walk with us, as we explore the Excalibur Hotel & Casino, located in Las Vegas! Thanks for watching our videos of walking the strip. We hope to hit up each casino over the next year. Including the far out ones too!
(Producers Notes) When the fabled Sahara casino closed its doors on May 16th 2011, many were skeptical as to whether new life would be breathed into this grande dame of the strip. Fast forward to August 23rd 2014 and SLS, a shiny white concept of ‘LA in the desert’, was born kicking and screaming into the world. Replete with Olympic mascot lookalike Sam, the shiny silver cyclops welcomed the non-existent foot traffic to the property. Would SLS succeed? Or would it be buzzed off stage faster than Tony Snyder at an America’s got talent audition.
Visit the Mob Museum in Downtown Las Vegas just one block from the famous Fremont Street Experience!
Flightlinez Bootleg Canyon Tour: Soar over the desert at 60 mph seeing scenic wildlife from ziplines.
Western Sunset Horseback + BBQ Dinner Ride through stunning scenery surrounding Vegas. Truly experience the west!
Just 45 minutes from The Strip, the wild west lives with majestic views on a breakfast horseback ride!
There is no better place to see your favorite acts then in Las Vegas! You’re relaxed, can enjoy a fine meal, have some cocktails without the worry of driving, and no alarm is going to jar you awake all too early the next morning.
- Bad Bunny – March 10 Click for Tickets
- Between The Buried and Me – March 15 Click for Tickets
- Chris Stapleton – March 23 Click for Tickets
- Haim – April 13 Click for Tickets
- The Human League – May 11 Click for Tickets
- Journey & Def Leppard – September 8 Click for Tickets
- Carlos Santana – September 12-November 11 Click for Tickets
Valid at Caesars Palace, Paris Las Vegas, Planet Hollywood, Bally’s, Harrah’s, Rio, The LINQ, The Cromwell, Flamingo. Blackout dates may apply. Must be 21 years or older to book. Not valid with any other offer. Offer subject to change at anytime.
Donny & Marie Tickets
Get 25% Off!
The Righteous Brothers Tickets
Save $20 Off!
Legends In Concert Tickets
Save $20 Off All Price Levels!
You’re enjoying our complimentary Insider Vibe Newsletter. Did you know we offer more? More Vegas Savings? More Vegas Help? More Vegas Advantage?
For about the price of a cup of coffee each month, you have full access to:
- Vegas Super Secret Specials Spreadsheet (list) of hundreds of “No Coupon Needed” Vegas casino food and drink specials. Want a sample? See just a few of the deals we’ve added in the past week: Hot New Vegas Food/Drink Specials Just Added
- Our “Your Guy In Vegas” Feature – Got a Vegas question? Instead of spending too much time looking up information you might not be certain about, fire it to us! We live here, we know Las Vegas, and we’ll give you a professional answer. (Some restrictions apply).
- Members Mania! – We share the answers to great Vegas questions with all of our Premium Members, helping everyone who pitches in with a premium membership. Plus great visitor feedback that you can learn from.
- The True Inside Scoop – AccessVegas.com CEO Ted Newkirk has been writing “Newkirk’s Notes” for upwards of two decades, giving members the true inside guide to everything that is going on in Las Vegas. Valuable information from someone in the know to save you time and money!
Here’s how to participate:
Drop us an email at AccessVegas@AccessVegas.com – We read them all!
Link To Us! – Have a home page, web page, or blog? Link to us, and give yourself and your friends a quick link to find us from your site. Simply link to http://www.accessvegas.com and name the link Access Vegas!
Share the info: Click to Email this newsletter to a friend!
For comments or questions regarding our content or this newsletter write us at AccessVegas@AccessVegas.com.