Hello From Las Vegas! – We’re having a heat wave, with record temps in the 70’s. Fortunately, one local weatherman said that having a warm winter does not necessarily mean a scorching summer. We’ll wait and see on that one. Last summer was the warmest on record. At least we’re getting the payback for it!
The Rest Of The Story – Get instant access to this special report, other special exclusive member reports, 150 exclusive Las Vegas tips and tricks, ALL of 2017’s issues archived, hundreds of no-coupon-needed updated food and drink specials on The Strip and Fremont Street), plus guaranteed personal answer to your Las Vegas questions at
Hope you are enjoying this issue!
Ted Newkirk, Publisher
Editor: Rick “VegasZiggy” Ziegler
Associate Editor, News Researcher, Concerts and Headliners: Amy Rayner-Cooley
Legends will show “Respect” to the Queen of Soul, Aretha Franklin, portrayed by Cynthia Minx, and get in the 80s spirit with Andy’s K’s tribute to the music catalog of Sting & The Police. Experience for the first time in Legends’ history the young Michael Jackson.
Dating someone who lives Downtown? If so, you might just get lucky … and, of course, by that we mean that you might get to partake in the DTLV denizen morning ritual of strolling or rolling up to Donut Bar (gotta love that 15-minute loading-only spot!) for what is quite possibly the best deal in town.
A music icon officially met an iconic Las Vegas landmark last night when the Goddess of Pop, Cher, arrived at the world-famous Fountains of Bellagio to debut a new fountains show to her hit song, “Believe.” Cher, joined by MGM Resorts International and AEG Presents executives, viewed the new show for the first time alongside hundreds of fans gathered at the Strip-side attraction.
Crews on Wednesday morning, Januar 24, 2018, began laying down 16,000 square feet of Hybrid Bermuda 419 turf, converting Cashman Field into an authentic soccer venue. The first conversion of the stadium’s surface will remain in place through the end of February, hosting the first three matches in Las Vegas Lights Football Club (FC) history.
The hotel-casino recently renovated and rebranded its Gold Diggers nightclub space as Troy Liquor Bar. “I basically brought the venue into this century,” says Sean Charsley, the director of nightlife for the Downtown casino.
- FBI Chief In Nevada Says Motive Behind Las Vegas Concert Massacre Is Still A Mystery
- Las Vegas Memorial Crosses Are Moving To A Museum
- Hospital Chaplain Comforted Patients After Las Vegas Shooting
- Expansion In The Works For The Las Vegas Healing Garden
- Decision Made On How Money For Oct. 1 Victims Will Be Distributed Is Done. Now What?
- FBI Chief Says Report On Las Vegas Shooting Expected By Anniversary
Thanks again for all your informative newsletters. You and your team do an outstanding job of keeping us Vegas fans in the loop of what’s happening. The newsletter has come a long way since I first started reading it several years ago. Take a “bow”! 🙂
Just a quick question. You had mentioned that the Vegas Hotels tend to open their pools in mid to late March. Normally I’m a spring and fall visitor – but this year I’m going to be venturing to other destinations (gasp!!) for vacations and I will be visiting Vegas in December this year.
Don’t some of the Hotels, such as Mirage & Caesars, still have a portion of their pools open in the winter because they’re heated? I’m from Upstate New York – so taking a dip in the upper 50Fs or low 60Fs would still be refreshing than the 20F degree with -5F wind chills I deal with at home!
Those who don’t subscribe are still getting the old version. We’re kicking it up a notch for paid subscribers who are helping support us financially. Their “cup of coffee a month” (less than $2 per month, $23.95 per year) helps us finance all of the great new information we’re helping members with. For example, this week, members are learning how to experience Las Vegas the way they enjoy, while skipping the obnoxious new fees! (That will save you well over $100 on an average stay).
The full, unedited Members Mania questions are available to our Premium Members. Members get guarenteed specific help with their Las Vegas questions from our knowledgeable, Las Vegas based staff. We then (where appropriate) share this help with ALL of our members.
In addition, the following three special reports are available IMMEDIATELY to paying members:
1. How To Con The Casino Computers Into Comping You More – This invaluable report will help turn the seldom-comped player into someone on the casino radar, and turn a regularly comped player into getting better offers! This information alone is worth many times the cost of the membership!
2. How To Recover Left Behind Articles From A Cab Virtually Immediately – If you’ve never left anything behind in a cab while on vacation, lucky you. It can ruin your trip. Even if the items get turned in, it can take hours and hours to get them back. We’ll make sure that doesn’t happen to you.
3. How To Avoid Paying Taxes On Many Gambling Wins – Did you know that the casino MUST report any slot or video poker win over $1199 to the IRS (who will tax you on it whether you report it to them or not)? Depending on your tax bracket, this can/will cost you hundreds (if not thousands) of dollars. Learn what you need to know NOW (before you visit the casino) to avoid getting victimized at tax time!
You’ll receive instant access to all of these reports by visiting Members.AccessVegas.com and signing up today.
- Las Vegas Home Values Up 11 Percent Over Last Year
- Tax Bill Spurs Fontainebleau Las Vegas Redevelopment
- Las Vegas Tourism Stumbles In November, Extending String Of Declines
- A Vegas Tale Of Mobsters, Romance And Redemption
- GOP Gains, But Nevada Still Has More Democratic Voters
- Las Vegas Among Top Cities For Rising Home Values
- Las Vegas Wedding Industry Wants To Boost Marriage Rate
Vegas Videos You’ll Enjoy
See some of the signature tequila drinks prepared. Chayo is a fun, upscale Mexican restaurant in the Linq Las Vegas.
Scott and Wayne tell you their favorite things about Las Vegas which you should know.
(Producers Notes) Let’s explore the Westgate Resort & Casino in Las Vegas. The Westgate sits along Paradise Drive, and was built in 1969. The hotel was home to Elvis, and he sold out all 837 shows he performed. Elvis held the penthouse suite Room 3000 from 1969 until his last show in December of 1976.
YOU drive a V-8 NASCAR style car on the Las Vegas Motor Speedway
Time is precious in Vegas: See The Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, and much more by air. Four hours of lifetime memories at a great price!
Spectacular views of Hoover Dam and Lake Mead plus a memorable guided interior tour. Stunning photo opps!
Vegas Indoor Skydiving, right on Vegas Strip, winds up to 120 mph, just like the real thing
There is no better place to see your favorite acts then in Las Vegas! You’re relaxed, can enjoy a fine meal, have some cocktails without the worry of driving, and no alarm is going to jar you awake all too early the next morning.
- The Doobie Brothers – April 7 Click for Tickets
- Chromeo & Phantoms – April 12 Click for Tickets
- ZZ Top – April 20-28 Click for Tickets
- X Ambassadors – May 13 Click for Tickets
- Kevin Hart – July 6 Click for Tickets
- Fall Out Boy & Machine Gun Kelly – September 28 Click for Tickets
Valid at Caesars Palace, Paris Las Vegas, Planet Hollywood, Bally’s, Harrah’s, Rio, The LINQ, The Cromwell, Flamingo. Blackout dates may apply. Must be 21 years or older to book. Not valid with any other offer. Offer subject to change at anytime.
Tenors of Rock Tickets
Save Up To $20 Off!
Donny & Marie Tickets
Get 25% Off!
The Righteous Brothers Tickets
Save $20 Off!
You’re enjoying our complimentary Insider Vibe Newsletter. Did you know we offer more? More Vegas Savings? More Vegas Help? More Vegas Advantage?
For about the price of a cup of coffee each month, you have full access to:
- Vegas Super Secret Specials Spreadsheet (list) of hundreds of “No Coupon Needed” Vegas casino food and drink specials. Want a sample? See just a few of the deals we’ve added in the past week: Hot New Vegas Food/Drink Specials Just Added
- Our “Your Guy In Vegas” Feature – Got a Vegas question? Instead of spending too much time looking up information you might not be certain about, fire it to us! We live here, we know Las Vegas, and we’ll give you a professional answer. (Some restrictions apply).
- Members Mania! – We share the answers to great Vegas questions with all of our Premium Members, helping everyone who pitches in with a premium membership. Plus great visitor feedback that you can learn from.
- The True Inside Scoop – AccessVegas.com CEO Ted Newkirk has been writing “Newkirk’s Notes” for upwards of two decades, giving members the true inside guide to everything that is going on in Las Vegas. Valuable information from someone in the know to save you time and money!
Here’s how to participate:
Drop us an email at AccessVegas@AccessVegas.com – We read them all!
Link To Us! – Have a home page, web page, or blog? Link to us, and give yourself and your friends a quick link to find us from your site. Simply link to http://www.accessvegas.com and name the link Access Vegas!
Share the info: Click to Email this newsletter to a friend!
For comments or questions regarding our content or this newsletter write us at AccessVegas@AccessVegas.com.