Hello From Las Vegas! – Where we’re finally starting to pull out of what was a very windy, cold, not-so-pleasant month of February. Except for this weekend, I’m happy to report that the first couple weeks of March are looking pretty good! Highs in the 60’s with only modest desert breezes and we’re saying goodbye to overnight lows in the 30’s.
The Hits Keep On Coming – MGM Resorts has decided to raise resort fees at many of their properties this week. In a world where resort fees (plus the taxes on them) are pushing $40, the properties are playing a cute shell game here. For those who get comped rooms (but not resort fee comps), it isn’t as much of a comp.
You are not only giving them your money in the casino, but you are essentially “paying” for the room. To those at higher levels of play who get room, resort fee, and parking comped: Just a few years ago, there was either none (or a very, very modest) resort fee and parking was free. So, they are giving you some “comped” stuff that didn’t used to cost anything. Pretty shifty!
The backlash is starting to boil over. I recently had an op-ed published in the Review-Journal (Nevada’s largest newspaper):
A couple days later, gaming business writer Rick Velotta cited my thoughts, and piled on with his own concerns:
We’re going to make some noise, and we’ll keep you posted. In the meantime, we’re helping members find value and savings in the “new” Las Vegas. You just have to know where to look!
Hope you are enjoying this issue!
The Rest Of The Story – Get instant access to this (and previous columns) over 150 exclusive Las Vegas tips and tricks, ALL of 2017’s issues archived, hundreds of no-coupon-needed updated food and drink specials on The Strip and Fremont Street, plus guaranteed personal answer to your Las Vegas questions at
Ted Newkirk, Publisher
Editor, News Researcher, Concerts and Headliners: Amy Rayner-Cooley
Distributor, Member Services: Rick “VegasZiggy” Ziegler
“INFERNO: The Fire Spectacular” at Paris Las Vegas is truly unlike any other show on the Strip. It’s definitely a whole lot hotter and that’s not just because of the copious amounts of fire. The Fuel Girls are the new breed of Vegas showgirl and their sultry allure is one of a kind.
- Backstreet Boys On Why Their Las Vegas Residency Isn’t The End – Click For Backstreet Boys Tickets
- 2 Of Elton John’s Final Las Vegas Residency Shows Rescheduled – Click For Elton John Tickets
- EDC Las Vegas 2018 Lineup Features More Than 25 Stellar Back-To-Backs – Click For Electric Daisy Carnival Tickets
- Las Vegas’ Best Kept Entertainment Secret Is 5 Minutes From The Strip, And Benefits Charity
A warm desert night spent watching the silhouette of a crowd gathered to take in the dancing Bellagio Fountains creates one of the most authentic moments in Las Vegas. Rivulets of water sway back and forth, Frank Sinatra’s “Fly Me to the Moon” plays and for a moment everyone on the Strip becomes transfixed by the same magical sight – no easy feat in Las Vegas.
The Grand Canyon is undoubtedly one of the natural wonders of the world. A vast, raw testament to the power of Mother Nature, it draws tourists, walkers, explorers, river rafters, naturists, photographers and extreme athletes from every corner to gawp in awe at its majesty.
- Las Vegas Business Lets You Smash Glass Bottles, TVs – VIDEO
- Historic Vegas Neon Signs Shine Bright For 1st Time In Years
- The Best (And Worst) Times To Visit The Grand Canyon
- Venturing Beyond The Las Vegas Strip
- The Neon Museum’s Brilliant! Brings New Life To Old Lights
- If You Want To Raft The Grand Canyon, Prepare To Sign Up Far In Advance
A local woman won the largest Dual Daub bingo jackpot in Las Vegas history at a west Valley casino. The woman, who wishes to remain anonymous, walked away with a jackpot totaling $110,726 from Summerlin’s Rampart Casino, according to a release.
Eleven Las Vegas resorts made U.S. News &World Report’s list of the world’s top hotels, the Washington-based organization reported Monday. The 11 “gold badge” winners, the top 10 percent of the list, out of 46 ranked hotels in Southern Nevada place Las Vegas in a tie for second with Los Angeles for the most gold properties in the United States.
- Report: Caesars Entertainment Resort Fees Increasing At Las Vegas Strip Properties
- Las Vegas Hotels Have Raised Resort Fees. On Some Nights, Expect To Pay More In Fees Than The Cost Of The Room.
- MGM Raises Parking Fees For Visitors And Hotel Guests At Las Vegas Properties
- Unfinished For Years, Vegas Casino Is Back In Play
I’m a blackjack novice. Do you have any advice to have a better chance at winning?
When I moved here in the 90’s, I counted cards, and did so successfully. However, that is TONS of practice and work. And, many modern rules have made it difficult to suceed at it these days.
For the novice or casual player, the answers are pretty simple:
Free Subscribers: This article, with more valuable tips, is immediately available in our Insider Vibe Members Area. Become a member today for instant access to this and a year of access to our library of Las Vegas information guaranteed to save you money and time on your next visit
We have answers to your Vegas questions!
But, you have to ask the questions.
Email us at AccessVegas@AccessVegas.com, and let us know, what YOU want to know!
- Las Vegas Strip’s Only Movie Theater Closes
- You Can Get Married At A Las Vegas Denny’s For $99 This Valentine’s Day
- Las Vegas Homebuilders Notch Big Jump In Sales
- Las Vegas Home Values Have More Than Doubled Since 2011
- Las Vegas Welcome Sign Goes Red For Heart Disease, Stroke Awareness
- Study: Las Vegas One Of Best Places To Get Married
- You Can Get Married At A Las Vegas Denny’s For $99 This Valentine’s Day
- MGM Resorts Raising Parking Fees Again At Strip Resorts
- Robots Could Kill Many Las Vegas Jobs
- Las Vegas Among Leaders In US Home Prices
Vegas Videos You’ll Enjoy
SW Steakhouse at Wynn Las Vegas serves up an edible gold bar.
Check out the home known as Dragon Rock in MacDonald Highlands.
Enjoy a walk through The Linq Hotel Casino, down The Linq shopping area, and through the reincarnated O’Sheas Casino.
VIP Grand Canyon Skywalk Tour via helicopter trip to and from the Skywalk. Stunning views! Expedited and exclusive arrangements available.
Experience The Grand Canyon via Plane, Helicopter, Hiking (optional), and a Bar-B-Que! A true southwest experience!
See the Grand Canyon and experience the Skywalk without eating up your entire day by flying over and back
Experience Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, all of Vegas by helicopter, save $70!
There is no better place to see your favorite acts then in Las Vegas! You’re relaxed, can enjoy a fine meal, have some cocktails without the worry of driving, and no alarm is going to jar you awake all too early the next morning.
- STS9 – Sound Tribe Sector 9 – May 4-6 Click for Tickets
- Poison & Cheap Trick – May 19 Click for Tickets
- Todd Rundgren’s Utopia – May 26 Click for Tickets
- The Glitch Mob – May 27 Click for Tickets
- Post Malone & 21 Savage – June 22 Click for Tickets
- Dita Von Teese – June 28 Click for Tickets
- Dua Lipa – June 28 Click for Tickets
- Coheed and Cambria & Taking Back Sunday – August 10 Click for Tickets
- Dispatch – August 17 Click for Tickets
Valid at Caesars Palace, Paris Las Vegas, Planet Hollywood, Bally’s, Harrah’s, Rio, The LINQ, The Cromwell, Flamingo. Blackout dates may apply. Must be 21 years or older to book. Not valid with any other offer. Offer subject to change at anytime.
Menopause The Musical Tickets
Save $20 off all VIP & Premium Seating!
Tenors of Rock Tickets
Save Up To $20 Off!
Donny & Marie Tickets
Get 25% Off!
Here’s how to participate:
Drop us an email at AccessVegas@AccessVegas.com – We read them all!
Link To Us! – Have a home page, web page, or blog? Link to us, and give yourself and your friends a quick link to find us from your site. Simply link to http://www.accessvegas.com and name the link Access Vegas!
Share the info: Click to Email this newsletter to a friend!
For comments or questions regarding our content or this newsletter write us at AccessVegas@AccessVegas.com.