Hi From Amy In Vegas! – I’m newsletter Assistant Editor Amy Rayner-Cooley. I’m taking over for Ted in the free version of our newsletter. As he noted, he’s moving 100% over to be there for our paid members with his columns, tips, answers to question, and similar.
Last week, he was interviewed by a local reporter regarding whether the high price of eating in Las Vegas (particularly on The Strip) is something visitors are voicing concern about. Members already have access to our exclusive dining deals spreadsheet (filled with thousands of dollars in potential savings, up and down The Strip and Fremont, no coupons needed).
Ted went on to tell members about some of his favorite near-Strip spots and how it can be cheaper to Uber it there and back than dine on The Strip. He also had tips on how to find great near-Strip dining spots that would be up your alley. Also, members have our Your Man In Vegas feature. So, if they are looking for a specific kind of near-Strip restaurant (BBQ, for example), we can personally give them our best advice.
Ted has agreed to extend the 30% savings on membership using the promo code INSIDER18 (all one word) one more week. Then, back to the normal price. So your next visit is months away? Even better. Gives you plenty of time to enjoy both the archives plus all of the new tips in each member’s issue.
This Issue’s Comped Insider Tip – Every issue, we’re going to comp you one tip from the couple-of-hundred neatly organized for our members.
Free Admission To The Stratosphere Tower – Don’t waste your money on tower admission, use it to enjoy a drink with the view! Admission to the tower is free if you are headed up to the 107 Skylounge. Which happens to have happy hour from 4-7 PM. Which happens to be the time period during which sunset occurs October – March. Which is AWESOME to view from up there, both in term of the sun dropping over the western mountains and The Strip lighting up. (Obviously, sunset drifts in the exact time, so pay attention on your first night or two here to time it right).
What’s New This Week
– Tickets are on sale now for Aerosmith’s residency on The Strip!
– Bellagio Gallery of Fine Art Hosts New Exhibit
– Take a break from the heat at a Tiki Bar
– Upgrade your Las Vegas Experience with deals on Suites
Hope you are enjoying this issue!
Joe Perry is well-known for his soaring solos. This has been true on and off the stage. The legendary lead guitarist for venerable rock band Aerosmith has struck again. Perry returned to the band’s long-anticipated Vegas residency during a live appearance Wednesday night on The Beatles Channel on Sirius XM.
Not for nothing is local bar owner P Moss’ book about tiki culture called “Liquid Vacation.” There’s something about a tall, cold, sweet tiki beverage that somehow turns this blistering heat into an asset. Las Vegas now boasts a variety of bars serving up island-style cocktails.
A man won a million dollar jackpot at Harrah’s Las Vegas Friday morning.According to Harrah’s Twitter account, Michael won $1,180,846.77 on a Wheel of Fortune machine.
The Mojave Desert’s technicolor rock formations, canyons and cliffs are even more mesmerizing than the non-stop glitz and glitter of the Las Vegas Strip. It’s the best of both worlds: An adventurous vacation with beautiful scenery mixed with the convenient, affordable flights that serve Sin City.
- 11 Ways For Grown-Ups To Feel Like A Kid Again In Las Vegas – Members: Read Ted’s Take on this story, and add your own comment or question for us
- 14 Japanese Artists Depict Water In New Bellagio Gallery – Members: Read Ted’s Take on this story, and add your own comment or question for us
- A Sunday Fun Day At Pinball Hall Of Fame In Las Vegas – PHOTOS – Members: Read Ted’s Take on this story, and add your own comment or question for us
- How to Do the Grand Canyon Right
- Viva Las Vegas’ Hits 55-Years Since Elvis Filming – Members: Read Ted’s Take on this story, and add your own comment or question for us
- Las Vegas Home Prices Approach All-Time Peak – Members: Read Ted’s Take on this story, and add your own comment or question for us
- Rat Pack-Era Home Once Housed Celebrities – VIDEO – Members: Read Ted’s Take on this story, and add your own comment or question for us
- Video Shows Man Jumping Into Bellagio Fountain – Members: Read Ted’s Take on this story, and add your own comment or question for us
- Remembering Past Icons South Of The Las Vegas Strip – PHOTOS – Members: Read Ted’s Take on this story, and add your own comment or question for us
- VIDEO VAULT | How Mobster ‘Bugsy’ Siegel Shaped Las Vegas – Members: Read Ted’s Take on this story, and add your own comment or question for us
- The Boulder City Bypass Opens For Business on Thursday – Members: Read Ted’s Take on this story, and add your own comment or question for us
- See What A House With A Million Dollar View (With A $9 Million Price Tag) Looks Like In Las Vegas – Members: Read Ted’s Take on this story, and add your own comment or question for us
Vegas Videos You’ll Enjoy
(Producers Notes) In today’s video, we go up the Eiffel Tower Experience at Paris Las Vegas. This was our first time going up the tower and we had a really great experience. After that, we walked across the street to watch the Bellagio Fountains and check out their summer display in the atrium.
(Producers Notes) I attended the Media opening for the new Barry Manilow show at the Westgate Hotel and Casino. What can I say other than AMAZING! This man is 75 years old and ran around the stage, danced, played the piano and sang like a 30-year-old. ALL NIGHT!!!
(Producers Notes) What’s the best time to go to the Bacchanal Buffet at Caesars Palace? When’s the best price? It’s best to be prepared for the best buffet in Las Vegas.
Time is precious in Vegas: See The Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, and much more by air. Four hours of lifetime memories at a great price!
Experience The Grand Canyon via Plane, Helicopter, Hiking (optional), and a Bar-B-Que! A true southwest experience!
Just 45 minutes from The Strip, the wild west lives with majestic views on a breakfast horseback ride!
Experience Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, all of Vegas by helicopter, save $70!
Valid at Caesars Palace, Paris Las Vegas, Planet Hollywood, Bally’s, Harrah’s, Rio, The LINQ, The Cromwell, Flamingo. Blackout dates may apply. Must be 21 years or older to book. Not valid with any other offer. Offer subject to change at anytime.
Legends In Concert Tickets
Save $20 Off All Price Levels!
Promo Code: 20LICM Required
Menopause The Musical Tickets
Save $20 off all VIP & Premium Seating!
Promo Code MMC20 Required
Tenors of Rock Tickets
Save Up To $20 Off!
Promo Code: TORAFF Required
Magic Reinvented Nightly Tickets
Get $20 Off!
Promo Code AFF25 Required
Donny & Marie Tickets
Get 25% Off!
Promo Code: 20AFF Required
The Righteous Brothers Tickets
Save $20 Off!
Promo Code 20AFF Required
Here’s how to participate:
Drop us an email at AccessVegas@AccessVegas.com – We read them all!
Link To Us! – Have a home page, web page, or blog? Link to us, and give yourself and your friends a quick link to find us from your site. Simply link to http://www.accessvegas.com and name the link Access Vegas!
Share the info: Click to Email this newsletter to a friend!
For comments or questions regarding our content or this newsletter write us at AccessVegas@AccessVegas.com.