In This Issue: Newkirk’s Notes, Las Vegas Year In Review, Monorail Now Open, Top Notch Cheap and Free Entertainment, Caesars Forum Shops Expansion Photos, Trip Report Giveaway, more …
Book online or over the phone! Call (toll free) 800-696-5721 to book all Las Vegas hotels, shows, tours, golf, and dining.
Welcome to Access Vegas News and Reviews! This is the official newsletter of AccessVegas.Com. We talk about the Las Vegas activities you really care about.
This newsletter is published exclusively for visitors to AccessVegas.Com and can only be signed up for there. We do not buy or rent lists, and this information is only for our members and guests. If you feel you have received it in error, click the unsubscribe link at the bottom. To subscribe, visit our Newsletter Site.
AccessVegas.com Quick Info Menu:
Free Photos, Wallpaper, and Streaming Videos
Free Online Games!
Newkirk’s Notes – comments on Las Vegas from AccessVegas.Com publisher Ted Newkirk:Hello from Las Vegas! This is our big year-end issue and we want to wish everyone a Happy New Year and the best for 2005. We’ve added tons of hot concerts and headliners, extra stories, and a look back at what a huge year Las Vegas had.
|See the Grand Canyon in a Jet Helicopter! For years Maverick Helicopters has been providing a true VIP Helicopter experience of the Grand Canyon. We do things a little different than any other helicopter Company. We give you an adventure of a lifetime and not just another tour of the Grand Canyon. Las Vegas Strip tours plus Helicopter Weddings also available!|
2004 Year In Review
The Las Vegas Review-Journal writers picked Las Vegas’ Top 10’s in a number of categories. We bring you the lists with links to the complete stories:
Norm: Vegas highlights, lowlights of ’04 – Note: Las Vegas Columnist and “Ace Insider” Norm Clarke is a fellow regular on Vegas Talk and his book Vegas Confidential: 1000 N@ked Truths is a must read for Vegas visitors. The only true insiders guide.
Top 10 Vegas Shows of 2004: Elton John reinterprets classic songs in artistic show at Caesars Palace
1. Elton John
2. O by Cirque du Soleil
3. Mamma Mia!
4. Mystere by Cirque du Soleil
5. Steve Lawrence and Eydie Gorme
6. Clint Holmes
7. The Second City
8. The Fashionistas
9. Mac King
10. Celine Dion
Top 10 Restaurants of 2004: Alize doesn’t rely on great view to win over diners
2. Bradley Ogden
4. Le Cirque
8. Quinta Belina
10. Sterling Brunch
Business 2004 In Review: Merging and Converging – A pair of Strip megadeals lead the year in local business
1. MGM Mirage and Mandalay Resorts to merge
2. Harrah’s Entertainment buying Caesars Entertainment
3. Horseshoe closes, sold, reopened, sold again
4. Las Vegas home prices soar
5. Project CityCenter unveiled
6. Las Vegas heads to Macau
7. Neonopolis up for sale
8. Resurgence of downtown Las Vegas
9. Tourism rebounds
10. FBI obtains customer information
Monorail: Sanitized For Your Protection – Last week, we told you it the opening was close, and the Las Vegas Monorail opened back up on Christmas Eve. As a present to Las Vegas visitors, the ride was free the first five days, and carried record traffic. Of course, we were down risking life and limb (just kidding) Christmas Eve to take a ride, and everything was great. Related news stories:
- Exclusive AccessVegas.com Monorail Info and Tips
- Las Vegas Monorail reopens – After a lengthy shutdown, train officials expect 30,000 riders today and Sunday
- In return, monorail sets rider record – Saturday’s tally of 45,000 people a one-day high; system official says fixes worked
- Las Vegas monorail running again in time for CES
Gambling Talk: Caribbean Draw and Super 9’s – with Victor H. Royer. Be informed about these two fun, new games/variations you’ll be seeing on your next visit! This week, click to learn all about Caribbean Draw and Super 9’s.
Top Notch Cheap and Free Entertainment – Here are our picks for great Las Vegas entertainment without breaking your budget:
- David Van Such is a nationally known smooth jazz artist who makes Las Vegas his home. You can catch him and his band live at Sinbad Lounge in The Aladdin this coming week (Jan. 4-8) from 4:30 – 9:00 PM, one drink minimum. Take a listen: Dial-Up or Broadband audio and make sure to tell him that AccessVegas.com sent you!
- Larry G. Jones keeps knocking them dead downtown at The Plaza. He’s a first-rate impressionist. Danny Gans without the $100 price tag. In fact, the show’s $7.95 ticket includes a drink! Watch Larry in action: Dial-Up or Broadband video. Even if you stay on The Strip, you have to get downtown for one night. Our suggestion? See Larry’s show (6:00 PM nightly except Friday) while everyone else is standing in line for restaurants. Then enjoy a meal and catch a couple of the spectacular light shows. Fremont Street Light Show video: Dial-Up or Broadband (also free)!
New Forum Shop Expansion – is beautiful. Stunning. Amazing. Located right on The Strip, this huge three-level wing features curved escalators, statues, marble, classically painted ceilings, and more. We’ve added stunning new photos to our Caesars Forum Shops Photo Gallery. Related news stories:
- Forum Shops’ new luxury-shop-packed addition draws public’s raves in first day
- Forum Shops – Recent expansion offers shoppers a wide selection of unique stores
Las Vegas Trip Report Giveaway – We’ll start listing and voting on trip reports next issue (finally). Sorry for the delays. We should have waited until after New Year’s Eve to crank this up. All prizes will be awarded!
Listen To Us! – VegasTalk Radio Show is the only Internet Radio Variety Show from Las Vegas, about Las Vegas! The weekly variety and entertainment show is archived online at the VegasTalk Radio website. If you are visiting soon, or you just love Las Vegas, listen to the archives available 24/7.
Link To Us! – Have a home page, web page, or blog? Link to us, and give yourself and your friends a quick link to find us from your site. Simply link to http://www.accessvegas.com and name the link Access Vegas!
Rewind – What you may have missed last issue:
More … News – Concerts – Events … Scroll Down!
More Las Vegas News – Concerts – Events
Vegas Comments and Questions? Post to our message boards and get great advice from people who have been here and done it. And don’t forget our comprehensive Las Vegas Frequently Asked Questions area.For comments or questions regarding our content or this newsletter write us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Live From Las Vegas,
Senior Content Editor
New to the list? See our Newsletter Archives for back issues and subscription info. Don’t hesitate to forward this newsletter to friends and associates.
All contents copyright 2004 Ted Newkirk. All Rights Reserved.
December 29, 2004 ISSN: 1529-2770 About UsProud Member: