Newkirk’s Notes: The Boss Speaks…
Newkirk’s Notes are comments and insight from AccessVegas.Com publisher and 20+ year Las Vegas resident Ted Newkirk:
Hello From Las Vegas!Newkirk’s Notes is now part of our is now part of our AccessVegas.com Premium Insiders Advantage. Click the link to learn all about how you can get our super-exclusive “no coupon needed” list of Las Vegas casino food and drink specials, professional answers to your Vegas questions, and the inside scoop on Las Vegas from me and my staff.
Associate Editor / News Researcher: Rick Ziegler
Concerts, Headliners, Special Events: Puneet Adobe
Hot Hotel Happenings- Save Big Now!
- Palms Casino Resort – Stay 4 nights and get 25% off your stay. Stay More, Save More – Play, Dine & Dance a little more… on us.
- Save up to 15% Off at Harrahs Palace Las Vegas
- The Quad – Best Rate Guarantee – Rates low as $30 a night, Center Strip right at LINQ!
- Special Offers at The Palms – Entertainment Packages and Resort Packages
Save Big As A Premium AccessVegas.com Insider!
You’re enjoying our complimentary Insider Vibe Newsletter. Did you know we offer more? More Vegas Savings? More Vegas Help? More Vegas Advantage?
Join Our Premium Insider Advantage Club!
For about the price of a cup of coffee each month, you have full access to:
- Vegas Super Secret Specials Spreadsheet (list) of hundreds of “No Coupon Needed” Vegas casino food and drink specials. Want a sample? See just a few of the deals we’ve added in the past week:
Hot New Vegas Food/Drink Specials Just Added
- Our “Your Guy In Vegas” Feature – Got a Vegas question? Instead of spending too much time looking up information you might not be certain about, fire it to us! We live here, we know Las Vegas, and we’ll give you a professional answer. (Some restrictions apply).
- Members Mania! – We share the answers to great Vegas questions with all of our Premium Members, helping everyone who pitches in with a premium membership. Plus great visitor feedback that you can learn from.
- The True Inside Scoop – AccessVegas.com CEO Ted Newkirk has been writing “Newkirk’s Notes” for upwards of two decades, giving members the true inside guide to everything that is going on in Las Vegas. Valuable information from someone in the know to save you time and money!
Find Out More and Sign Up Now!
This Week’s Top Tours
Click Here To See More Great Tours…
Featured Tour Video From Las Vegas
You can book this amazing flight now and save $21! Neon Nights Air Tour
Click Here To See More Great Tours…
ALL tours listed on our AccessVegas.com tour page (link above) have been hand-selected. We only work with the top, most professional companies and operators who vow to give our readers a great experience! We can not recommend nor vouch for tours not listed on here in the newsletter or on our tour page. Questions? Our tour page lists phone contacts where tour experts are available for live help!
Las Vegas Shows, Concerts, And Headliners,
- Absinthe starlet Melody Sweets’ Top 10 Favorite Things to Do in Las Vegas
Book Absinthe Las Vegas Tickets Now
- Behind-the-scenes of Rock of Ages with just a small-town girl Becca Kotte
Book Rock Of Ages Las Vegas Tickets Now
- Comic juggler Jeff Civillico comes into his own
Book Jeff Civillico Las Vegas Tickets Now
Dining, Drinking, and Dancing
Carson Kitchen Downtown Las Vegas Debuts New Rooftop Patio
Celebrity Chef Kerry Simon’s most recent restaurant endeavor, Carson Kitchen, has introduced a new rooftop dining and bar experience at 124 South 6th St. in Downtown Las Vegas.
The 910-square-foot, garden-style rooftop patio expands upon the vibrant vibe of the main dining room below, inviting guests to socialize and celebrate with skyline views of Las Vegas’ burgeoning downtown area. The patio offers seating for up to 30 guests at fully-waited tables along with an additional 10 seats at the expansive granite bar. Carson Kitchen’s full food menu is available for purchase on the patio to accompany an array of signature cocktails, small-batch American beers and globally-inspired wines.
- White Castle just part of a bigger plan
- Behind the Scenes at DB Brasserie restaurant
- Old Sinatra favorite, Italian American Club, making a comeback
- Nevada has no signature dish ù yet
- æChampagne lounge’ bubbles with opulence
- Q&A: Las Vegas Distillery’s George Racz talks moonshine and a future Booze District
- Bar-Hopping Around Vegas
Las Vegas Tours And Attractions
Get Up-Close-And-Personal At Shark Reef Aquarium With New Animal Encounter Experiences
Shark Reef Aquarium at Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino invites guests to abandon their day jobs and get their feet (or in this case, hands) wet as a guest Aquarist with three new experiential programs. Aptly titled Animal Encounters, the program takes participants behind-the-scenes to assist in feeding the Aquarium’s most-admired residents including stingrays, green sea turtles and zebra sharks.
Batman Laser Challenge Brings Gotham City To The Adventuredome At Circus Circus Las Vegas
The Batman Laser Challenge at The Adventuredome at Circus Circus Las Vegas invites guests to test their inner Super Hero with a fun, physical and mental workout. Using speed and strategy to beat the clock, would-be crime fighters can choose between two experiences, each brought to life with radiating wall-to-wall lasers, fog and themed audio tracks to guide or hinder the racer as they attempt to complete the mission. The five-acre theme park has teamed up with SimEx-Iwerks which, in partnership with Warner Bros. and DC Comics, has created this first-ever Batman themed laser maze.
- æPawn Stars’ star proposes Vegas plaza
Related Tour: Pawn Stars Ground Tour
- Mob Museum celebrating Cuba’s impact on Las Vegas
Related Tour: Mob Museum tour
- Experience The Grand Canyon Like They Did Back In The Day, On A Train
Related Tour: Grand Canyon tours
- With plans for a new museum and the restoration of Liberace’s Vegas home, the shimmering showman is back in the spotlight
- Paving the way: Bumpy road to Grand Canyon Skywalk ‘an absolute joy’ now that it is fixed up
Related Tour: Grand Canyon Sky Walk Ground tour
Click Here To See More Great Tours…
Las Vegas Hotels, Motels, And Casinos
- SLS Las Vegas Reveals Details Behind The Property’s Vintage Meets Modern Aesthetic (with photos)
- Surrounded by development, Battista’s and Stage Door Casino stay the same
- New plans proposed for rundown Fremont Street motel
- Six Eye-Popping Free Things to See at Wynn Las Vegas
- Step Inside JosÚ AndrÚs’ New SLS Las Vegas Restaurant
The Linq Las Vegas
The LINQ Continues Popular Tuesday BLOQ PARTY With New Offers For Locals
Tourists and locals alike will continue to have Tuesday nights to look forward to at The LINQ BLOQ Party. Every Tuesday locals with a Nevada ID receive 30% off High Roller tickets, plus a complimentary drink at the Sky Lounge. Everyone is invited to the best locals party on the Strip to celebrate, taste, shop, wander, explore and take advantage of great deals at many of the popular venues located at The LINQ, Caesars Entertainment’s open-air shopping, dining and entertainment promenade.
More Las Vegas News
- You need a scorecard to track Las Vegas arenas
- The World according to Bob Stupak
- Vegas on a roll with 8,500-home development
- Police facing bigger crowds on streets downtown, on the Strip
- Six still wanted by Gaming Control Board
- Camping in Vegas? You can hitch up yourRV near the Strip û for now
- Towering above the ærenaissance of downtown’
Latest Concerts Added This Week!
There is no better place to see your favorite acts then in Las Vegas! You’re relaxed, can enjoy a fine meal, have some cocktails without the worry of driving, and no alarm is going to jar you awake all too early the next morning.
- Brad Paisley August 27 click for Tickets
- Rockstar Energy Uproar Festival September 17 Click for Tickets
- Figure, 212 Showdown & Mr. Olympia Finals September 20 Click for Tickets
- America’s Got Talent Live September 26-27 Click for Tickets
- Route 91 Harvest Festival October 3-5 Click for Tickets
- Diana Krall November 8 Click for Tickets
Las Vegas Holidays And Events
- Labor Day Weekend Las Vegas 2014 (August 29 – September 1)
- Mexican Independence Day Las Vegas 2014 (September 16)
- Click To View ALL Holiday Events And Specials
What We’re Watching! Vegas Videos You’ll Enjoy
Popeye By Renowned Artist Jeff Koons – Wynn Las Vegas welcomes Popeye by acclaimed American artist Jeff Koons, as part of the resort’s continued appreciation and commitment to public art. At 6 feet 5 inches tall and more than 2,000-pounds, the mirror-polished stainless steel Popeye stands proudly in the Wynn Esplanade. Viewing is free to the public and the display is indefinite.
Britney Spears Costume Designer Marco Marco – Interviewed backstage at her show at Planet Hollywood. Plenty of highlights and features from the show for those wondering if they’d like to check it out!
Britney Spears Las Vegas
Red Rock Serenade August 2014 On PBS – Take a cinematic journey through the breathtaking scenery of the American West’s red rock country. From Zion to Canyonlands, Capitol Reef to Grand Canyon National Parks, take a cinematic journey through the American West’s breathtaking red rock country. Video is an excerpt of a PBS special airing this month.
Members Mania is now part of our AccessVegas.com Premium Insiders Advantage, where we guarantee to answer premium subscribers questions professionally and share the help with fellow premium subscribers. This and
many other benefits are available to our Insiders Advantage subscribers. Please click here to view all benefits, including access to our exclusive Vegas Super Secret Specials Spreadsheet, which we guarantee will save you the cost of the membership!
We love to hear from you, and value your feedback! Here’s how to participate:
- Want to comment on a current reader post? Use the comment box on that particular web page. Many of the stories we post also have comment boxes at the end of the story. Make your voice heard!
- Drop us an email at AccessVegas@AccessVegas.com – We read them all!
- Call our recorded comment line at 702-507-0055. We listen to every call.
Link To Us!– Have a home page, web page, or blog? Link to us, and give yourself and your friends a quick link to find us from your site. Simply link to http://www.accessvegas.com and name the link Access Vegas!
RSS Feed – We now have an RSS/XML feed! Most RSS programs let you visit AccessVegas.com and automatically pull the feed. For those who want to enter it manually, the feed is:
Share the info: Click to Email this newsletter to a friend!
For comments or questions regarding our content or this newsletter write us at
New to the list? See our Newsletter Archives for back issues and subscription info. Don’t hesitate to forward this newsletter to friends and associates.
All contents copyright 2014 Ted Newkirk. All Rights Reserved.
Hotel Rates Published Accurate At Time Of Publication
Physical Address: 3565 Las Vegas Blvd. South #411, Las Vegas, NV 89109