Hello From Las Vegas! – The end of COVID restrictions are in sight! I watched an entire press conference from the Governor, read and listened to the remarks by the Clark County Commission Chair, and read all 32 pages of Clark County’s re-opening plans. I’ll break it all down, so you can make informed plans.
Then, we’re getting back to normal, and normal is telling you what you need to know about what’s up in Las Vegas! As always, digging a little deeper than the basic “not always accurate” information that is constantly floating around out there.
This column, breaking down not only current restrictions, but what is pending, the rental car situation, how to snag hard-to-get Golden Knights Tickets, and a great gambling story, continues for our Members HERE.
Newkirk’s Notes has been published by AccessVegas.com Founder Ted Newkirk continuously (in one form or another) since 1995 .
Ted is a noted and quoted Las Vegas analyst, having been quoted and sourced multiple times in 2020 along in publications ranging from the Las Vegas Review-Journal (Nevada’s largest newspaper) to U.S. News and World Report.
Newkirk’s Notes go well beyond the basic news, rumors, and (often questionable) thoughts and proclamations floating around on the internet. Our Supporting (Paid) Members know not only what is happening, but why, and how they can benefit (or know what to avoid).
For example countless Members have had incredibly enjoyable and successful visits to Las Vegas during COVID simply because they were truly in the know, and not only knew what was happening, but what was on the horizon.
Saving them money, time and inconvenience.
At $34.80 for an entire year (only $2.90 per month), we distill down what you really need to know, so that your trip this spring, summer, or even later in the year turns out to be your best ever. And, we GUARANTEE it.
Especially in these unprecedented times, find out what it is like to ACTUALLY be in the KNOW this time around:
Hope You Are Enjoying This Issue!
Las Vegas Shows
Free ‘Jazz in the Park’ Series Downtown Las Vegas Features Big Names
Clark County Parks and Recreation kicks off the spring with their annual Jazz in the Park Concert Series, which celebrates its 31st year. This year the free series will feature Grace Kelly on May 8, Special EFX Allstars feat Chieli Minucci on May 15, Najee on May 22, Ottmar Liebert & Luna Negra on May 29, and Nick Colionne on June 5.
* Smith Center announces 2021-22 Broadway Las Vegas series
* ‘Absinthe’ Brings Some Laughter Back To Las Vegas
* ‘Extravaganza-The Vegas Spectacular’ Brings Vintage Vibes
* Marquee Events Return To The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
* El Cortez Parlour Bar In Las Vegas Is Helping To Bring Back Live Music
* Carrot Top still slays in grand Luxor Theater
* New downtown Las Vegas comedy club to feature Pauly Shore
* Las Vegas’ Entertainment Industry Begins To Re-emerge In Earnest
* Cirque’s ‘O,’ ‘Mystere’ set for summer return to Las Vegas
* Las Vegas entertainment professionals welcome the prospect of larger audiences
* Dave Chappelle and Friends coming to MGM Grand Garden Arena July 2
* Cirque du Soleil announces return to stage on Las Vegas Strip this summer
Las Vegas Dining
Brunch Returns at Giada on the Las Vegas Strip
Giada brings back brunch on Saturdays and Sundays. The restaurant from Giada De Laurentiis brings back polenta waffles, hazelnut chocolate chip pancakes, a salmon Benedict, cavatelli, a seafood platter, a Caprese frittata, lobster hash, and more. Brunch runs every Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
* Gold Spike (Fremont Experience area) reopening outside area, new Thursday night lineup
* Estiatorio Milos Returns To The Las Vegas Strip
* Las Vegas bars excited with karaoke and open mic allowed
* 1923 Prohibition Bar In Las Vegas Takes You Back To The Time of Speakeasies
* Voodoo Steak In Las Vegas Creates A Dining Thrill
* Bang Bar At Cosmopolitan Las Vegas Is Street Market Smart
* Great Food And Drinks Make Brera Osteria Perfect For A Leisurely Meal In Las Vegas
* Saltgrass Steakhouse Opens at Golden Nugget With Casual Vibe, Strong Value
* $10-And-Under Eats On The Las Vegas Strip And Beyond
* Restaurants At New Virgin Hotels Las Vegas Change And Expand
* Las Vegas restaurants eager to return to full capacity
* Discover A World Of Lobster Options In Las Vegas
* Bellagio’s Petrossian Bar debuts caviar and cocktails
* Treat your eyes, tastebuds at these outdoor dining spots in Las Vegas
* City of Las Vegas to start new ‘Brewery Row’ concept
Las Vegas Hotels
Pool Season Is Back In Las Vegas!
The warm weather has moved into Las Vegas, and that means pool season is in full swing—although that might be a little less swing, so to speak. With post-pandemic rules still in order, partying at pool clubs looks a little different these days—no venues packed like sardines and no huge parties—but that doesn’t mean guests 21 and over still can’t enjoy a fun day in the sun!
* Sahara Las Vegas to reveal new details about renovation project
* MGM Resorts offering in-room COVID tests at Las Vegas Properties
* SAHARA Las Vegas unveils plans for new Italian restaurant, redesigned pool area
* Resorts World Las Vegas unveils retail shopping lineup
* 9 Las Vegas Pools to See and Be Seen This Summer
* Pictures show Las Vegas pool parties are back as the city reopens, and some tourists say now they’re better than ever
Note From Ted:
Members Mania is a regular feature for our Supporting (Paid) Members. Membership includes our “Your Guy In Vegas” feature, where you can reach out to myself and our paid staff of experts with your specific Vegas questions. We don’t have “canned” answers. We’ll ask you for some details pertaining you your wants and needs. Then, answer accordingly.
Husband and I are thinking about buying a condo out there for our use when we’re out there and renting it out also. Looking to spend in the area of $150,000.
Could you recommend area with easy access to strip and shopping for necessities.
Paid (Supporting) Members, please login to your Membership Area to read the answer!
Whether it has been accurate information on exactly what is happening in Las Vegas, accurately letting our Members know what to expect as Las Vegas reopened, specific information they NEED to know for their next visit which we answer via our “ Your Guy In Vegas“ Membership benefit, or more…
Investing less than $3 per month (paid yearly) with our Access Vegas Insider Vibe Membership Program is the ultimate way to hedge the thousands you spend on your Las Vegas vacation. Especially as you are needing the best information now (more than ever) as you decide exactly when you can or should start to think about your return visit after the COVID upheaval.
The casinos don’t fund us. No cause or political party funds us. We are Member-Supported. Invest in a One-Year Membership TODAY!
We have answers to your Vegas questions!
But, you have to ask the questions.
Email us at AccessVegas@AccessVegas.com, and let us know, what YOU want to know!
Las Vegas Tours and Attractions
Spring Is In Full Bloom At Bellagio Conservatory & Botanical Gardens In Las Vegas
Celebrate spring the proper way and head straight to the Bellagio Conservatory & Botanical Gardens for its new display, sure to both brighten your day and provide you with plenty of great photos for Instagram. Springtime Celebrations Around the World is exactly what its title implies, a collection of floral creations that represent springtime celebrations across the globe, from the Netherlands and England to Thailand and, of course, the U.S.
* Neon Signs, Red-Rock Hikes, and Tiki Cocktails in Las Vegas
* Grand Canal Shoppes offers romantic options on the Las Vegas Strip
* Sightseeing on a Las Vegas Road Trip
* Grand Canyon North Rim Vs. South Rim – 9 Key Differences
* Six Ghost Towns a Bone’s Throw from Las Vegas
Las Vegas Sports
Las Vegas Gambling
Red Rock Casino guests win $203K while playing progressive poker
Several guests at Red Rock Casino won more than $200,000 late Thursday after hitting the Station Casinos Jumbo Hold ‘Em Poker “Bad Beat” Progressive Jackpot. The losing hand was quad 9’s, with a win of $71,214 and the winning hand was quad Jacks with a win of $40,694. All eight players won $1,272 each, the total payout to players was $203,516.
* $132K hits on keno machine in downtown Las Vegas
* The Latest Slot Games For April 2021
* Woman’s 1st trip to Las Vegas since COVID pays off at poker table
* $603K jackpot hit at Red Rock Casino as property celebrates 15 year anniversary
* Lucky local wins more than $200K off $1.25 slot machine bet
Las Vegas Real Estate
What does a half-million dollars buy in Las Vegas’ housing market?
It doesn’t carry the emotional heft or social cachet of $1 million, but a half-million dollar price tag is still pretty substantial. And for potential homebuyers wishing to turn $500,000 into a new home, the Las Vegas Valley’s real estate market is happy to help. We hopscotched around the valley to see what a half-million dollars will buy these days. The answer: Some pretty nice digs, many of them with plenty of living space and even an intriguing amenity or two.
Other Las Vegas News
First look at underground TESLA subway tunnel at Las Vegas Convention Center
The Convention Center Loop cost more than $52 million to build. It will move people across the convention center’s campus in electric Tesla vehicles. Normally, the walk from one end of the convention center to the other would take 20-30 minutes. The entire trip now takes two minutes inside a Tesla, all thanks to the new underground loop.
* Wynn Las Vegas says employees must get vaccinated or submit weekly negative tests
* Strip properties ramp up vaccinations for hospitality workers
* Plan ahead if you need to rent a car this summer
* Marijuana consumption lounges inch closer to reality in Nevada
* Luxury transportation makes comeback with the return of tourists
* Las Vegas is set to come out of COVID-19 better than ever
* Las Vegas brides, planners, wedding conventions prep for 100% capacity
* The Cosmopolitan In Las Vegas To Pay $1 Million In Cash Bonuses If 80% Of Workers Get Vaccinated
* UFC intends to fill Las Vegas’ T-Mobile Arena to capacity for McGregor-Poirier fight in July
* New Venues To Experience In Las Vegas
* Couples Still Tied The Knot In Las Vegas During The Pandemic
* Buffets, Las Vegas Strip shows encouraged by loosening restrictions
* Rumor: Seminole Tribe Sets Sights on Bally’s and Rebrand to Hard Rock
What We’re Watching!
Vegas Videos You’ll Enjoy
(Producers Notes) A film made on a whim. In Vegas for another project I discovered they were celebrating the 75th anniversary of the founding of the city.
The BBC agreed for me to stay on a week and make this. Rather proud of the music – the songs were all written by me for the film with my co-writer Martin doing the arrangements and supervising the recording. Not a masterpiece – but fun.
Volcano at the Mirage, Las Vegas
(Producers Notes) The Volcano at the Mirage hotel & casino in Las Vegas.
Flamingo Room – Flamingo Hotel
(Producers Notes) My exhaustive (exhausting?) room tour. Hope it is helpful!
Exploring Planet Hollywood Hotel & Casino
(Producers Notes) Walk with us and explore Planet Hollywood Hotel & Casino located in Las Vegas.
Unlimited Brazilian Steak at Planet Hollywood Las Vegas – Pampas Picanha!
(Producers Notes) The meat is all you can eat at Pampas Brazilian Steakhouse in Las Vegas.
The 10 Best CHEAP Breakfasts in Las Vegas!
(Producers Notes) In this video I go to all of my favorite cheap breakfast spots in Las Vegas for 2021. These spots are located both on the Las Vegas Strip and downtown by Fremont St. In the end I will give you my recommendations, as well as my absolute favorite cheap breakfast place!
This Week’s Top Tours
VIP Grand Canyon Skywalk Tour via helicopter trip to and from the Skywalk. Stunning views! Expedited and exclusive arrangements available.
Here’s how to participate:
Drop us an email at AccessVegas@AccessVegas.com – We read them all!
Link To Us! – Have a home page, web page, or blog? Link to us, and give yourself and your friends a quick link to find us from your site. Simply link to http://www.accessvegas.com and name the link Access Vegas!
Share the info: Click to Email this newsletter to a friend!
For comments or questions regarding our content or this newsletter write us at AccessVegas@AccessVegas.com.
Physical Address: 3565 Las Vegas Blvd. South #411, Las Vegas, NV 89109