WELCOME to Access Vegas News and Reviews, now with subscribers in over 80 countries around the world! This is the official newsletter of http://www.accessvegas.com We talk about the Las Vegas attractions, dining, and shows that YOU really care about.
If you receive this by mistake, please note the simple unsubscribe instructions at the bottom. Feel free to forward this newsletter to others in its entirety. To subscribe, simply send a blank email to (click) mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
THIS ISSUE: Showgirls Show at The Rio
LAS VEGAS DEALS:
* Castaways Hotel and Casino – From $29.00
* St. Tropez All Suite Hotel – From $59.00
* Ballys Las Vegas – From $54.00
* Paris Las Vegas – From $84.00
All of these deals and more available at http://www.accessvegas.com/usa-vegas-specials.htm Toll Free 24 Hour Discount Room Hotline: 1-888-254-0637 (Use Savings Promo Code 4558)
LAS VEGAS: Tours, Entertainment, Hotels, Packages, Weddings, Gambling, Golf, Nightlife, Dining, and Weather — get it all at http://www.accessvegas.com
NEWKIRK’S NOTES – comments on Las Vegas from AccessVegas.Com publisher Ted Newkirk:
Hello from Las Vegas! Summer is heating up and cold nights are a thing of the past with overnight temperatures rarely dipping below 65 degrees. We’ve been making the rounds: Sunday night we were at Carnival Court (Harrah’s) right on The Strip and we’ll be doing a photo feature on that soon.
We were at the grand opening of Skin poolside Lounge at The Palms recently and had a blast. Owner George Maloof continues to hit home run after home run with this hot new hotel property. You know we’d never leave you out so we had the camera and snapped a pile of great photos from this sexy new spot! Check them out at
POOL PARTIES – As the weather heats up, a number of hotels are having regular pool parties open to the public! These are the latest details we have available:
* Skin at The Palms – The Palms opens up their resort pool area at 7 PM each evening. Cover is $10 but can vary depending on events. Pool attire is not only allowed but encouraged, although traditional club wear or resort casual dress is also fine. Four full-service bars, strolling entertainment, and DJ or a live band round out the mix. See photos: http://www.accessvegas.com/photo-feature.htm
* Big Al’s Fat Tuesday Poolside Parties – The Orleans pool party return every Tuesday from 7 – 10:30 PM. $2 for women, $5 for men and that includes two free drinks, hot and cold hors d’ oeuvres, and more.
* Whiskey Beach – at Green Valley Ranch opens at 7 PM nightly. Full service bar, swimming allowed, no cover charge. Green Valley Ranch has a spectacular view of the Las Vegas Valley from their pool area.
* Hard Rock – Pink Beach is evenings at 7 PM. More information pending. (We hate to publish secondhand stuff and Hard Rock has been a little slow with requested info).
* Suncoast – The Suncoast pool party returns every Wednesday from 7 – 10:30 PM. $2 for women, $5 for men and that includes two free drinks, hot and cold hors d’ oeuvres, and more.
* Swim-Up Blackjack – While not pool party, The Tropicana’s famous “Swim-Up Blackjack” has returned for another season. Pool guests can enjoy this game with towels to keep hands and chips dry as well as money dryers.
More to come and we’ll update you as we get concrete information!
HOTEL STRIKE – You might have heard the rumblings of a Las Vegas hotel strike. The great news is that all of the major gaming companies have come to a deal with the union. We understand those who haven’t do have replacement workers ready to go. These contracts expire June 1, 2002.
If you are the worrying type, we have a list of the hotels who have NOT reached a settlement at http://www.accessvegas.com/las-vegas-hotel-strike.htm and you may wish to avoid booking those hotels until they settle or hire permanent replacement workers.
BEST LUXURY HOTEL – You only have a few more days to vote in this month’s “Best Of” poll. We are asking you which Las Vegas luxury hotel is best. You are the visitors — your voice should count! If you have yet to vote this month, poll on the right hand sidebar of http://www.accessvegas.com
CASINO BAR STOOLS – Newsletter reader and my friend Ken has a line of bar stools with casino and sports logos on them. Very cool stuff that lets your friends know you love Las Vegas or your favorite sports team! Check out an example and contact him about other items he has for sale: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2107678672
Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, Scenic Southwest Tours – by plane, bus, or even helicopter! You’ve seen the glossy ads in the tourist brochures. You’ve thought about it. You come all the way to Las Vegas — why not see one of the some of the most famous landmarks in the world! Don’t by tricked by web sites & magazines that offer discount tours. Taxes, park fees, permits can almost double the price. Our prices are inclusive – no hidden charges! Best Las Vegas Tours
SHOWGIRLS – If it seems like we’ve been reviewing quite a few topless shows lately, welcome to Las Vegas. Nobody is putting Barney the Dinosaur into hotel showrooms. For those seeking some balance, you’ll be pleased to know that the next few weeks will bring reviews of Cirque du Soleil’s “O” and Mystere.
Showgirls is the new entry into a crowded Las Vegas topless show market. Not to be confused with the movie Showgirls or previously reviewed Showgirls of Magic ( http://www.las-vegas-shows-reviews.com/showgirls-of-magic-las-vegas.htm ), this show is the distilled essence of the showgirl segments contained in other shows.
The show features 12 showgirls, each of which has an impressive resume. It is a self-described “ooooohh” and “aaaaahh” show. The women look at the truly incredible different costumes in each segment and go “ooooohh” while the men see that the showgirls are topless in each segment and go “aaaaahh.”
This show takes us on a ride through showgirl history from the Ziegfeld Follies and early Vegas shows to Madonna and Britney Spears, encompassing a tip of the hat to all entertainment that includes elaborate showgirls and dancers. Each segment features incredible costumes and dance numbers which fit the theme of each era.
The show stars Sunny, who ties the show together with her parody impersonations of Mae West, Marylyn Monroe, Joan Rivers, Madonna, and Britney Spears. Hair and costume brings the true resemblance of the stars she impersonates. A side note: she is married to the show’s producer (something she jokes about once during the show), but nepotism in this case does no harm. She is attractive, sexy, has a great voice, and is an all-around talent.
As May West, she tells bawdy jokes. Her Marilyn Monroe works the men in the audience with the breathy voice. The Joan Rivers is a bit of a weak spot. Although perhaps thrown into because Sunny does a great Joan Rivers, this style comedy impression just doesn’t seem to belong in this show. She does rebound later with the Madonna and Britney performances, actually performing “with Madonna” (via video footage) and pulling off the youthful but sexy Britney nicely.
A nice added attraction is the showgirls exhibit displayed in the theater entrance. History of 100 years of showgirls features costumes, memorabilia, and stunning photos. A real live showgirl in beautiful, full regalia is also at the exhibit to pose for photos nightly from 10 – 11 PM (except Sundays). Put this on your list of Las Vegas photo ops!
This show is a perfect match for the Rio hotel, one that markets itself with a sexy Mardi Gras theme and was the casino that set the standard for sexy cocktail waitress outfits. The show performs in the Rio’s Samba Theater, truly one of the nicest facilities in town playing host to Penn and Teller as well as national touring comedians and acts.
Showgirls is a production show running nightly (dark Sunday) at the Rio hotel. The showgirls exhibit is free to the public (all ages) and open for viewing daily from noon to midnight.
Show tickets and show time information available at http://www.showvegas.com/svpricing.cfm?amid=143&cscheme=2&showid=377&cityid=1 Must Be 21 To Attend.
Show Review Criteria: We understand that Las Vegas attracts visitors of varied budgets and interests. Shows are reviewed on the basis of value for dollar spent as well as to present the reader enough knowledge of the content to make an informed decision.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* SHOWS – listings available at http://www.accessvegas.com/las-vegas-shows.htm
* HEADLINERS – listings available at http://www.accessvegas.com/entertainment/index.htm
* CONCERT – listings available at http://www.accessvegas.com/entertainment/index.htm
We encourage you to post comments about specific Las Vegas hotels, shows, attractions, and general trip reports to our Comment Las Vegas message board at http://boards.accessvegas.com
For comments or questions regarding the newsletter, write us a “letter to the editor” at (click) mailto:email@example.com We do certainly read them all and they help shape our content.
BUSINESS TRAVELERS: Keep the boss happy and pocket some cash! Pick from the from the 150+ destinations offered at http://www.accessvegas.com/las-vegas-discounts.htm for booking business travel. Get the guaranteed low rates, and YOU get to pocket the (up to) $100 rebate at http://www.accessvegas.com/100-rebate.htm (you must book during this month). Do you book rental cars? Try http://www.travelnow.com/cars/search.jsp?cid=2005 and access the best rates from the major companies.
QUICK TRAVEL LINKS: Book Online and Save – Easy and Secure with Instant Confirmation:
* Discount Hotel Rooms: http://www.accessvegas.com/las-vegas-discounts.htm
* Discount Rental Cars: http://www.travelnow.com/cars/search.jsp?cid=2005
* Tours – Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, More: http://www.accessvegas.com/tours
* Travel Packages (Hotel/Air): http://www.accessvegas.com/a-travel-center.htm
* Toll Free 24 Hour Discount Room Hotline: 1-888-254-0637 (use savings promo code 4558)
MESSAGE BOARDS – Help others and share your Las Vegas opinions! Our boards are new so let’s fill them up with the good, bad, and just general comments on your last visit. Ask questions before you go, help others with comments when you return! Plus, we now have a section for trip reports. New boards at http://boards.accessvegas.com
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
New to the list? Back issues and subscription info can be found on the web at: https://las-vegas-news-reviews.com
Don’t hesitate to forward this newsletter to friends and associates, or better yet click here: http://www.recommend-it.com/l.z.e?s=826126 to recommend it to friends with a chance to win $10,000!
All contents copyright 2002 Ted Newkirk. All Rights Reserved.
May 29, 2002 ISSN: 1529-2770