AccessVegas.com Insider Vibe
Serving Las Vegas Visitors and Residents Since 1999
Welcome to the Insider Vibe! This is the official newsletter of AccessVegas.Com. We talk about the Las Vegas activities you really care about.
Need to contact us? Send feedback to
Missed an issue? Click to Read Back Issues Online.
AccessVegas.com Quick Info Menu:
Las Vegas Essentials
Thanksgiving Las Vegas 2013
Celebrate A November To Remember With Holiday Specials At Trevi – Trevi will be open during full normal operating hours from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, Nov. 28. Pastry Chef Hank Sbraccia will honor the occasion by offering a specialty cranberry gelato from Monday, Nov. 25, through Sunday, Dec. 1, for $4.50 per scoop. The unique creation combines dried cranberries, vanilla gelato, a cranberry juice reduction and simple syrup.
Following Thanksgiving, shoppers bustling through The Forum Shops for Black Friday will enjoy a moment’s peace with Trevi’s Bellinis, priced exclusively at $3 for the entire day on Friday, Nov. 29.
- Full story/details/info: November Holiday Specials At Trevi
- Carmine’s Inside The Forum Shops At Caesars Palace Serves Up A Family-Style Meal This Thanksgiving
- Tender Steak & Seafood Serves Traditional Feast This Thanksgiving
- Thanksgiving Festivities And Front-Row Football At PBR Rock Bar
Las Vegas Shows, Headliners, And Concerts
- The Chubby White Guy Rides Again: A Review of Absinthe
- Britney’s residency tests pop appeal
- Matt Goss – Singer returns to Caesars Palace with new album in tow
- After 14 years in Las Vegas, David Copperfield keeps his magic fresh
- Frankie Moreno’s throwback production brings back old-school Las Vegas
- Tim McGraw and Faith Hill back at Venetian despite rumors of a breakup
Las Vegas Dining
Lavo Launches Third Season Of Saturday Champagne Brunch And Debuts Proper Brunch Every Sunday – Brunch season kicked into full swing at Lavo Italian Restaurant and Nightclub the weekend of October 19 and 20, 2013 as the third season of its famed champagne party brunch kicks off on Saturday and a new proper brunch is introduced on Sunday.
- Full story/details/info: Lavo’s Champagne Brunch And Proper Brunch
- Tender Steak & Seafood Now Offering Fall-Flavored Fare
- Classic eats in Las Vegas
- Sampling Pizza Rock’s Cocktail and Beer Offerings
- Heading to the Tropics – Margaritaville floats you deep into vacation mode
- Dinner At Rx Boiler Room In Mandalay Bay
- Tom Colicchio’s Heritage Steak grills up greatness
- Buddy V’s: A Reason To Go Home (To Palazzo)
More Las Vegas News
Guests Will “See Red” At Valentino’s “Rogue” Exhibit At The Shops At Crystals – Valentino invites you to discover its exclusive ROUGE exhibit at The Shops at Crystals. The ROUGE exhibit showcases red-only ready-to-wear looks from Pre-Fall 2013 Collection, as well as pieces from the Valentino Garavani “Rockstud Rouge” Collection, which consists of best-selling iconic accessories including handbags, shoes and small leather goods. Featuring linear compositions and all-over lacquered studs, the pieces are displayed within glossy red trunks for a high-impact statement.
- Full story/details/info: Valentino’s Rogue Exhibit At The Shops At Crystals
Rockhouse Plays Some Beer Pong During Tournament Tuesdays – Every Tuesday, beer pong-loving partygoers can compete in Tournament Tuesdays at Rockhouse, located at Grand Canal Shoppes at The Venetian | The Palazzo. Starting at 9 p.m., the ultra-dive bar offers complimentary, all-night open bar access and tournament entry to employees of The Venetian, The Palazzo, Grand Canal Shoppes and all local industry with valid ID that sign-up. Locals and Sin City visitors can purchase tournament entry and open bar access for $25.
- Full story/details/info: Rockhouse Plays Beer Pong
- Caesars Entertainment drops Gansevoort Hotel (formally Buffalo Bill’s)
- Las Vegas Passengers Spend Double On In-Flight Drinks
- New Fall of Atlantis Show Still ‘Coming Soon’
- With SlotZilla going up, Downtown walks the line between garish and smart
- At Westin Lake Las Vegas, You Can Drink As Much As You Want (With Restrictions)
- In a 24-hour city, child care isn’t a 9-to-5 situation
- It’s time to take a coffee break and try out some of Vegas’ tea offerings
- A Day on The Desert Princess
Neon Nights Helicopter Air Tour – Sip champagne prior to boarding one of the Neon Nights helicopter tours and then take off for an unparalleled perspective of the “City of Lights.” Your Las Vegas sightseeing tour takes you: Over the famed Las Vegas Strip, brushing close to popular sites;
Ascend above downtown Glitter Gulch before approaching the neon splendor of some of the world’s most renowned megaresorts; Near Las Vegas’ newest addition, City Center; Soaring over the enchanting Bellagio fountains; And over the never-fading light of the Luxor pyramid.
Upcoming Las Vegas Events And Holidays
- Football Season Las Vegas 2013
- Halloween Las Vegas 2013 (Thursday, October 31)
- Veteran’s Day Las Vegas 2013 (November 11)
- National Finals Rodeo Las Vegas 2013 (December 5-14)
Latest Las Vegas Concerts Added This Week!
There is no better place to see your favorite acts then in Las Vegas! You’re relaxed, can enjoy a fine meal, have some cocktails without the worry of driving, and no alarm is going to jar you awake all too early the next morning.
- Dierks Bentley – December 6 Click for Tickets
- The Dan Band – December 30 Click for Tickets
- William Shatner – January 20, 2014 Click for Tickets
- Skillet & Third Day – February 15, 2014 Click for Tickets
- George Lopez – February 21-22, 2014 Click for Tickets
Top Tickets For All United States Events
Did you know that we not only sell premium concert and event tickets for Las Vegas, but also for the entire United States as well? If you can’t make it to Vegas, treat yourself to some great seats for something near you:
Newkirk’s Notes: The Boss Speaks…
Newkirk’s Notes are comments and insight from AccessVegas.Com publisher and 20+ year Las Vegas resident Ted Newkirk:
Hello From Las Vegas! – 77 mile per hour gusting winds ushered out summer over this past weekend. For the most part, temperatures the next couple of weeks will be pretty much in line with the average November high of 67 F. First time visitors or those who traditionally don’t visit during the cooler months can be unpleasantly prepared during our four cooler months. So for the record, the December, January, and February averages are 57, 58, and 63 respectively. Dress accordingly. (We get back to 70 in March).
Luck Be A Lady – One of the often-asked questions over the past few years has been “What is up with the Lady Luck”? Regular Vegas visitors know that the Lady Luck was a fairly loved downtown hotel/casino catering the mid-range visitor. It was closed for renovation in early 2006. Fast forward over seven years…
The Lady Luck has just (and finally) reopened as the Downtown Grand after $100 million in renovations. Note: The “official” opening is on 11.12.13 (get it) but the soft opening was this past Sunday evening at 5 PM with the casino, rooms, bars, and some dining options functional.
Las Vegas casino owner legend Steve Wynn tosses out the first ceremonial roll of the dice. Photo courtesy Downtown Grand
Stewart and Ogden restaurant has a two-faceted menu representing the different tastes of the restaurant namesakes, both of which played rolls in the founding of Las Vegas.
Ninth Island features the Hawaiian favorite of shave ice (not a typo) and the ever-popular slushy booze drinks.
Ceiling of the Art Bar
Busy casino on opening night. Photo courtesy Downtown Grand
Downtown Grand is a must-see on your next downtown visit. Go to where the Four Queens meets The D and walk one block north (away from the performance stage).
Hope you are enjoying this issue! I’m enjoying family in town and missing regular features will return next week.
Associate Editor / News Researcher: Rick Ziegler
Concerts and Headliners: Amy Rayner-Cooley
We love to hear from you, and value your feedback! Here’s how to participate:
- Want to comment on a current reader post? Use the comment box on that particular web page. Many of the stories we post also have comment boxes at the end of the story. Make your voice heard!
- Drop us an email at AccessVegas@AccessVegas.com – We read them all!
- Call our recorded comment line at 702-507-0055. We listen to every call.