AccessVegas.com Insider Vibe
Serving Las Vegas Visitors and Residents Since 1999
Welcome to the Insider Vibe! This is the official newsletter of AccessVegas.Com. We talk about the Las Vegas activities you really care about.
AccessVegas.com Quick Info Menu:
Las Vegas Essentials
Newkirk’s Notes – comments on Las Vegas from AccessVegas.Com publisher Ted Newkirk:
Ted has taken time off this past week to spend time with visiting family and to celebrate his 46’th birthday. His column and Members Mania will return next week.
You can read his recent blog post Jimmy Buffett Margaritaville Casino Las Vegas û Winner, Winner. Chicken Dinner which includes multiple photos of the new gaming area at The Flamingo.
Please enjoy this issue prepared by staff.
Associate Editor: Amy Rayner-Cooley
News Researcher/Editor: Rick Ziegler
Skip the airport taxi hassles and arrive at your hotel in style:
Chocolate Witch on Display at Bellagio for Halloween – Handcrafted Showpiece Debuts at Jean Philippe Patisserie – The supremely talented pastry staff at Jean Philippe PÔtisserie at Bellagio (click link to book) has unveiled a chocolate masterpiece just in time for Halloween. A chocolate witch soars high above the pastry shop on her broom while holding a pumpkin and keeping a close eye on passersby.
The chefs began designing and constructing the witch in June, utilizing nearly 60 pounds of chocolate and 30 pounds of fondant to help her take flight. The pastry team also created 11 different sweet treats, sure to please any ghost or goblin.
- Full story/details/info: Chocolate Witch on Display at Bellagio for Halloween
Michael Jackson Fan Fest Showcases Never-Before-Seen Memorabilia and Interactive Fan Experiences for a Limited Time in Las Vegas – Exhibit Opens December 3-14 Alongside December Las Vegas Debut of ”THE IMMORTAL World Tour” – Walk through the storied gates of Michael Jackson’s Neverland Ranch, then view his personal book collection in a study filled with his actual furniture. Peek inside the interior of the 1999 Rolls-Royce Seraph limousine Michael designed himself with 24-karat gold embellishments, then check out the 10-foot-tall statue created for the HIStory tour.
- Full story/details/info: Michael Jackson Fan Fest Showcases Never-Before-Seen Memorabilia and Interactive Fan Experiences for a Limited Time
- Buy Tickets Now: Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour by Cirque du Soleil
Tito Ortiz, Arianny Celeste, Frankie Edgar And Other MMA Stars Visit Las Vegas Fight Shop Oct. 28-29 – MMA stars Arianny Celeste, Miesha Tate, Natalie Skyy, Frankie ‘The Answer’ Edgar and Tito Ortiz visit Las Vegas Fight Shop inside Miracle Mile Shops at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino for a series of meet and greets Oct. 28 and 29.
- Full story/details/info: Tito Ortiz, Arianny Celeste, Frankie Edgar And Other MMA Stars Visit Las Vegas Fight Shop Oct. 28-29
- Buy Tickets Now: UFC 137 – Penn Vs. Diaz
Las Vegas Restaurant Guy Savoy Acquires Enormous 1.16-pound White Truffle – Restaurant Guy Savoy at Caesars Palace (click link to book) acquired a 1.16-pounds white truffle from Urbani Truffles. This enormous truffle was picked by a 15 year-old-boy, Luigi, who was in training with his father, Francesco. The truffle was found by Luigi’s dog Coco, a hound dog mix breed. It was found in the morning on Monday, Oct. 17 next to a hazel tree in Piedmont, Italy. The cost of the truffle was between $5,000 and $7,000 and is estimated to be able to make 100 white truffle risotto dishes. Photo Credit: Scott Roeben
- Full story/details/info: Las Vegas Restaurant Guy Savoy Acquires Enormous 1.16-pound White Truffle
Singer and Songwriter Frankie Moreno On His Way Up at Stratosphere – New Headliner Begins November 9, 2011 – The Stratosphere Casino Hotel & Tower is proud to announce the signing of singer and songwriter Frankie Moreno as its new headline act in Stratosphere Theater beginning Wednesday, November 9, 2011. Moreno’s ten-piece band will perform three nights a week.
- Full story/details/info: Singer and Songwriter Frankie Moreno On His Way Up at Stratosphere
Shark Reef Aquarium’s Haunted Reef at Mandalay Bay Brings Thrills and Chills on October 29 – Blood donors and children in costume receive free admission – Shark Reef Aquarium at Mandalay Bay (click link to book) will eerily transform into Haunted Reef on Saturday, Oct. 29 from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Costumed children 12 and under will receive complimentary access and sugary sweets.
- Full story/details/info: Shark Reef Aquarium’s Haunted Reef at Mandalay Bay Brings Thrills and Chills on October 29
Grand Canyon South Rim Bus Tour û Words and even pictures cannot fully describe this stunning gift of nature. Tour the South Rim of the Grand Canyon in comfortably appointed deluxe touring coaches. This 1-day Grand Canyon bus tour departs Las Vegas at 7:30am for a full day of sightseeing. The driver/guides will entertain and inform you as you travel to the Grand Canyon National Park. The tour makes a stop at the Hoover Dam and Kingman, Arizona on it’s way to the Grand Canyon National Park, arriving around 11:45 AM for your wonderful buffet lunch which is sure to leave you with a full stomach and a more in depth knowledge of this fascinating area. Once inside the canyon, the tour will stop at popular viewing areas, Mather Pt., Yavapai, and the Bright Angel Lodge. All the stops provide time for exploring and photographing. On the return trip to Las Vegas, a stop will be made in Williams, Arizona
Click To Book Grand Canyon South Rim Bus Tour Now!
What We’re Watching – Vegas Videos You’ll Enjoy
- Terry Fator – Terry Fator won Season 2 of America’s Got Talent. Shortly after that, he was signed to a 5 year deal to headline at the Mirage with his cast of thousands. He brings his puppets to life with songs, impressions and comedy for all ages. Now that he calls Las Vegas home, this funny man does more than just make people laugh… he also spends his spare time giving back to our community.
Book Now and Save: Terry Fator
- Golf Course Offers Look Into Las Vegas’ Colorful Past – The old Stardust Country Club was the home of entertainers, mobsters, the Rat Pack, and big-name PGA tournaments. Now Las Vegas National Golf Club, relive this Las Vegas courses storied history.
- Rising Lake Mead Brings Challenges – For the first time in years, the water level at Lake Mead is rising, and not just by a little bit. Just a year ago, Lake Mead hit its lowest water level since 1956. Fast-forward one year and the water level is up nearly 30 feet. Read more…
- Valley of Fire Wedding – See the stunning scenery just out outside Las Vegas as we peek into photos from this wedding at the stunning Valley Of Fire northwest of Las Vegas. Transportation to this beautiful, remote spot was by Maverick Helicopter. To experience a special event (wedding or other celebration at locations such as the bottom of the Grand Canyon, Valley Of Fire or other remote scenic spots, call Maverick at 888-877-2978. Tell them Access Vegas sent you for extra special treatment!
Members Mania – We Love Our Readers!
Members Mania will return next week when Ted returns.
We love to hear from you, and value your feedback! Here’s how to participate:
- Want to comment on a current reader post? Use the comment box on that particular web page. Many of the stories we post also have comment boxes at the end of the story. Make your voice heard!
- Drop us an email at AccessVegas@AccessVegas.com – We read them all!
- Call our recorded comment line at 702-507-0055. We listen to every call.
More Las Vegas News – Shows – Events
- 1,000 kids to be treated to 1,000th ‘Lion King’ show
Book The Ling KingáLas Vegas Tickets Now
- Absinthe stretches out in new digs
Book AbsintheáLas Vegas Tickets Now
- Elton John’s ‘Million Dollar Piano’ more genuine and sentimental
Book Elton John The Million Dollar PianoáLas Vegas Tickets Now
- There’s no horseplay for knights in ‘Tournament of Kings’
Book Tournament of KingsáLas Vegas Tickets Now
- UNLV Rebels single-game tickets now on sale
Book UNLV RebelsáLas Vegas Tickets Now
- 2011 Bellagio Epicurean Epicenter Series Concludes with Araujo Wines and Cuisine By Julian Serrano
- McFadden’s Celebrates A November Birthday BASH – November Babies Drink Free on Saturday, Nov. 19
- Caesars Entertainment Shows Military Appreciation with Free and Discounted Show Tickets, Restaurant Offers, and Spa Treatments on Veteran’s Day
- Las Vegas Chef Rick Moonen To Host ‘Feasting On Words – The Literature and Food Fair’
- Las Vegas Ski and Snowboard Resort Review
- Tourists Learn to Drive Bulldozers at Vegas’ Newest Attraction
- Annual gaming expo all about convergence
- When you hear the phrase ”Vegas Wedding” what immediately pops into mind?
- The best new attractions in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas courts gays
- Sin City is marrying far fewer couples than it did before the recession. What gives?
- First Look Inside Carlos ‘n Charlie’s at Flamingo Vegas
- Obama Draws Fire For Las Vegas Comments Ahead Of Visit
- Where Will All the Water Come From? – Southern Nevada’s plan to pipe in water from the north has stoked plenty of controversy.
- Heavyweight [casino] Hospitality
- Monster White Truffle Lands at Guy Savoy
- Las Vegas home sale prices rise in September
- What’s New in Las Vegas
- The New Rooms At Boulder Station
- Nevada’s September jobless rate stays at 13.4 percent
- Dream Vision Studios to host first Halloween Nightmare
- Sin City Speedway Opens with New Racing Series
- Cafe de Japon is one of the more unique coffee shops you’ll find
- Businesses say ‘yes’ to Vegas
- Nevada State Museum finally ready for Springs Preserve home
- Iconic fluffy-tailed servers still a draw of Playboy Club
- Final World Series Of Poker table to play out in nearly real time
- 35 Steaks + Martinis restaurant serves classic cuts with modern flair
- Annual convention proves the world of beer is full of change
- Haze nightclub incorporates unique themes to give guests surreal experience
- Zappos putting its stamp on downtown Las Vegas
- Palms president, Joseph Magliarditi, aims to keep property’s allure for locals and tourists
- Henderson council amends plans to allow $1 billion sports complex
- Story of embattled Mob Experience fit for ‘The Sopranos’
- The Best Tastes Of Citycenter In Las Vegas
- The 10 best steakhouses in Las Vegas
- Enjoy Las Vegas for Everything it’s Worth
- Haunting Images Of Post-Boom Las Vegas
- Trapped in Vegas? Day trip escapes from Sin City