AccessVegas.com Insider Vibe
Serving Las Vegas Visitors and Residents Since 1999
Welcome to the Insider Vibe! This is the official newsletter of AccessVegas.Com. We talk about the Las Vegas activities you really care about.
Need to contact us? Send feedback to
Missed an issue? Click to Read Back Issues Online.
AccessVegas.com Quick Info Menu:
Las Vegas Essentials
Rio Announces Plans For All-New Thrill Ride VooDoo Skyline – Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino has announced it will develop an exciting new thrill ride, VooDoo Skyline, set to open late summer 2013. The exhilarating attraction will deliver a Las Vegas experience unlike any other û sending guests soaring higher than 400 feet in the air at electrifying speeds, offering 360-degree open-air views of the Las Vegas Strip.
- Full story/details/info: Rio’s All-New Thrill Ride VooDoo Skyline
Las Vegas Shows, Headliners, And Concerts
- Cirque’s Michael Jackson tribute begins ticketed previews (with video)
- Shania Twain Q+A: New songs and album, Las Vegas residency
- Cast of ‘The 80s Show’ takes off the leg warmers
- Electric Daisy Carnival returns June 21-23
Party, Drink, Hangover
- The Original Pool Party – Rehab still going strong after 10 years
- AndreÆs At Monte Carlo Iconic ôWine Dinnerö Returns
- Casa Beerfest All June Long At Casa Fuente
- ‘Hangover Part III’ serves up final round of merry mayhem (with video)
- ‘Hangover’ movies have been a PR bonanza for Caesars Palace and Vegas
- Vegas turned into friendly hangout for ‘Hangover’ team
Father’s Day Las Vegas 2013
Central Michel Richard Celebrates FatherÆs Day With Prix-Fixe Menu – Central Michel Richard at Caesars Palace will celebrate dads this FatherÆs Day with a delicious prix-fixe menu, priced at $45 per person, from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. on Sunday, June 16.
Dads will take a break from their fatherly duties to enjoy a four-course meal, beginning with a choice of a delectable crab cake with leek tartare or fresh Asian tuna carpaccio. The second course will offer two savory soup options: crab soup with Yukon potato or onion soup with miso.
- Full story/details/info: Central Michel Richard Celebrates FatherÆs Day With Prix-Fixe Menu
Rhumbar Celebrates FatherÆs Day With A Dashing Cigar And Cocktail Pairing – RHUMBAR at The Mirage Hotel & Casino will celebrate dads this FatherÆs Day, Sunday, June 16. For $20, fathers, step-fathers and grandfathers can enjoy any signature cocktail and a house cigar, fine-tuned to their specific taste.
Fathers will have a plethora of signature cocktails to choose from to complement their cigar including the Latin Manhattan made with Cruzan Single Barrel Rum, Caribbean spices, lime, falernum liqueur, a dash of bitters and a splash of Jamaican ginger beer.
- Full story/details/info: Rhumbar Celebrates FatherÆs Day With A Dashing Cigar And Cocktail
- Tacos & Tequila Honors Dads This Fathers Day
- Trevi Italian Restaurant Celebrates Dads This Fathers Day
- Celebrate FatherÆs Day At Tender Steak & Seafood
- Hofbrõuhaus Presents Father’s Day Menu – A Bavarian Feast For Fathers
Las Vegas Attractions
- Slotzilla Monster Update: The Song, The Video, The Towers (with video & photos) (with video & photos)
- Neon Museum lights up signs of old-school Las Vegas with new after dark tours (with photos)
- Day trips from Las Vegas
- For longtime Las Vegans, Wet ænÆ WildÆs relaunch feels like so much more
- Spring Mountain creeks lure hikers, wildlife watchers
- Tule Springs remains cool draw for desert dwellers
Dining In Las Vegas
Krispy Kreme Inside Excalibur Food Court Celebrates National Doughnut Day With Complimentary Sweet Treats – To commemorate National Doughnut Day, Krispy Kreme at Castle Walk Food Court inside the Excalibur Hotel & Casino will celebrate one of the sweetest days of the year with a complimentary doughnut for all guests on Friday, June 7, 2013
All doughnut lovers can enjoy the holiday at any local Krispy Kreme location and sink their teeth into a doughnut of their desire. No purchase is necessary for guests to receive a complimentary doughnut.
- Full story/details/info: Krispy Kreme Celebrates National Doughnut Day
- La Comida Adds New Flavor to Fremont East
- The Vegas Dining Deal You May Not Know About
- From Sea and Land – Multiple cuisines make mark in Canal StreetÆs varied menu
- æCake BossÆ star Buddy Valastro to open Italian eatery at Palazzo
- Las Vegas Sports Books with the Best Food Options û Downtown/Fremont Street
Las Vegas Hotels
- Las Vegas businesses eye banning Google Glass (with video)
- Steve Wynn says urban hotels will focus on luxury over gaming
- Boutique hotels of Las Vegas
- Casinos starting to encourage customers to head outside
- Las Vegas’ Best Kept Hotel Secret (And Best Hotel Value)
Gambling And Gaming
Las Vegas Live TV – Great Casino Slots – Episode 3 – Season 1 : Welcome to our show: Great Casino Slots This is where we showcase the best and greatest of the world’s slot machines. We show you what they are, how to play them, and where to find them. Each episode features one or more games.
In this episode, learn about Cats Video Slots where you can be the King Of The Jungle in this bonus-filled 30 line slot game.
Golden Nugget Offers Unparalleled Gaming Experience With New Baccarat Pit – The Golden Nugget is bringing casino players a new reason to gamble downtown, with its brand new baccarat pit which just opened this May.
Located directly off the Rush Tower main lobby and valet entrance, the pit features a friendly and exciting gaming atmosphere with an unmatched elegant ambiance. The baccarat pit features four tables capable of accommodating up to 32 players simultaneously and boasts three 60ö televisions and a small seating lounge.
- Full story/details/info: Golden Nugget Offers New Baccarat Pit
- How Much Should I Tip for a Slot Jackpot?
- Splitting Those Eights and Other Conundrums in Blackjack
- Craps Payouts and Blackjack Percentages
- The Changing Landscape of Slot Payouts
Las Vegas Economy And Real Estate
- Gaming revenue climbs 7 percent in Nevada, 13 percent on Strip
- Las Vegas sees rise in suburban poverty
- New signs of life arise in Las Vegas
- MGM Resorts tops analysts, reports best quarter since 2008
- Developer might act on need for mid-priced apartments downtown
- Caesars Entertainment still on shaky ground, loses $200 million in first quarter
- Gaming industry sees biggest revenue gains since recession
Former Las Vegas Mayor Oscar Goodman
- Only one man capable of ‘Being Oscar’ [Goodman]
- In writing his book, Oscar Goodman æfound myself to be a heroÆ
- Mob, business mix in Goodman book
More Las Vegas News
- Palms Pool Launches ôCabanas for a Causeö Fundraiser $100 Cabanas With Proceeds Benefiting Las Vegas Charities
- Best places to take photos in Las Vegas
- TV: Sex, Lies and Liberace in Las Vegas
- Harley-Davidson plans $18 million Strip dealership
- Legal brothels provoke conflicting opinions
- Speedway owner says Las Vegas may get a second NASCAR race
- æBehind the CandelabraÆ puts LiberaceÆs personal life in the spotlight
Upcoming Las Vegas Events And Holidays
- Father’s Day Las Vegas 2013 (June 14-16)
Newkirk’s Notes – comments on Las Vegas from AccessVegas.Com publisher Ted Newkirk:
Hello From Las Vegas! – I’m under the weather this week and instead of delaying this issue until I’m feeling a bit better for my parts, we’re putting this out with plenty of great Las Vegas information prepared by our staff this past week.
We had tremendous response to the long hauling situation we discussed last issue and we’ll have some great reader tips, notes, plus our advice on how to handle this situation next time around.
Hope you are enjoying this issue!
Associate Editor / News Researcher: Rick Ziegler
Concerts and Headliners: Amy Rayner-Cooley
What We’re Watching – Vegas Videos You’ll Enjoy
- The Rat Pack is Back… in Las Vegas! – Performing at the Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino, The Rat Pack Is Back tribute show gives us a look at what ol’ Blue Eyes and the gang were like back in their day.
- Las Vegas 1956: Downtown, The Strip, Sahara Hotel – A look at Las Vegas by 15-year-old Ray Lindstrom and his 8mm movie camera and narrated by him over 50 years later. See the casinos on Fremont Street and on The Strip. You’ll see the lights of El Rancho Vegas, The Flamingo, Sands, Silver Slipper, Desert Inn, Thunderbird, and Sahara.
- “Sal The Barber” At Qua Baths & Spa Inside Caesars Palace – Men can pamper themselves as well with a traditional haircut and a straight-edge razor shave at Qua Baths & Spa Las Vegas located in Caesars Palace.
We love to hear from you, and value your feedback! Here’s how to participate:
- Want to comment on a current reader post? Use the comment box on that particular web page. Many of the stories we post also have comment boxes at the end of the story. Make your voice heard!
- Drop us an email at AccessVegas@AccessVegas.com – We read them all!
- Call our recorded comment line at 702-507-0055. We listen to every call.
No related links found