AccessVegas.com Insider Vibe
Serving Las Vegas Visitors and Residents Since 1999
Welcome to the Insider Vibe! This is the official newsletter of AccessVegas.Com. We talk about the Las Vegas activities you really care about.
Need to contact us? Send feedback to
Missed an issue? Click to Read Back Issues Online.
AccessVegas.com Quick Info Menu:
Las Vegas Essentials
Newkirk’s Notes – comments on Las Vegas from AccessVegas.Com publisher Ted Newkirk:
Hello From Las Vegas! – I continue to be on other assignments and will return my regular sections to this newsletter at the end of the summer (sooner perhaps if all goes well).
In the meantime, I do invite you to read the following blog posts I’ve made over the past few weeks (and don’t be shy about leaving your comments):
- Should You Try To Use Coupons When In Las Vegas?
- Are You Over 35? Head Downtown Las Vegas To Fremont Street
- Hoover Dam Or Boulder Dam? A History Question
Binion’s Friday Night Pool Events – This is something we told you about at the beginning of summer. Friday nights starting at 9 PM, Binion’s opens up their rooftop pool area to the public (free admission). You can go up and enjoy the view, imbibe in their drink specials (they have a full bar, just ask), and lounge around checking out the amazing views of Las Vegas. (Click on the photo for larger picture).
This is a best kept secret (IE, hardly anyone knows about it so you have all the elbow room in the world). To get up there, find the hotel room elevators and go to the PD (Pool Deck) level. We’re definitely going to hit this a couple more times before summer ends! Full details at Kiss The Sky Summer Pool Parties Coming To BinionÆs Gambling Hall
Enjoy This Issue!
Associate Editor / News Researcher: Rick Ziegler
Concerts and Headliners: Amy Rayner-Cooley
Mythbusters Live – Six shows only! The all-new, live stage show ôMythBusters Behind the Myths,ö starring Jamie Hyneman and Adam Savage, co-hosts of the Emmy-nominated Discovery TV series MythBusters,ö promises to be an unexpected evening of on-stage experiments, audience participation, rocking video and behind-the-scenes stories. For the first time ever, fans will join Jamie and Adam on stage and assist in their mind-twisting and not always orthodox approach to science. Click For Tickets
Hawaiian Bets $66,200 On Roulette At Binion’s Las Vegas… And Wins! – BinionÆs Las Vegas atmosphere was changed in the late morning of July 18, 2012, Wednesday when a 31 year old Hawaiian man pushed $66,200 worth of chips on to the roulette table. A large crowd was gathered as the man dressed in white shirt and tie, wife next to him, bet on ôEven.ö Carlos Basaldua, long-time BinionÆs dealer, spun the wheel and put the ball where it luckily landed on eight doubling the bettorÆs money.
- Full story/details/info: $66,200 On Roulette At Binion’s
Payard Patisserie And Bistro Las Vegas New Wine Cocktail Menu And Friday Happy Hour – Manager Sam Berkley of Payard Patisserie & Bistro created a collection of red, white, and sparkling wine cocktails that wine enthusiasts will surely enjoy.
- Full story/details/info: Payard Patisserie And Bistro’s New Wine Cocktail Menu And Friday Happy Hour
Soccer Fans Can Catch The Kick-Off Of World Football Challenge Game With Drink Specials – PBR Rock Bar & Grill at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino inside Miracle Mile Shops will host on Sunday, August 5, 2012 the World Football Challenge game kick-off. Soccer fanatics can watch the game with drink specials offered in the bar.
- Full story/details/info: Soccer Fans Catching The Kick-Off Of World Football Challenge
2012 World Series Of Poker Main Event Final Nine Are Set – The 43rd annual World Series of Poker (WSOP) $10,000 No-Limit HoldÆem Championship has already set its iconic tournament for the nine finalists of ôOcto-Nine.ö The series, commonly known as the Main Event, opened the tournament with 6,598 players and is now down to nine players. The winner in this poker World Series can bag more than $8.5 million.
- Full story/details/info: 2012 World Series Of Poker Main Event
PBR Rock Bar Las Vegas Cooking Up S’mores For National S’mores Day – PBR Rock Bar & Grill at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino inside Miracle Mile Shops will celebrate on Friday, August 10, 2012, National SÆmores Day. Delectable sÆmores menu is offered at a special price.
PBR Rock Bar & Grill opened a campfire where guests can dish on the delicious SÆmores Bread Pudding. It is made with a mixture of creamy, chocolate pudding, marshmallows, graham crackers, and vanilla ice cream on the top, priced at $7. The barÆs daily happy hour begins from 3 p.m. until 6 p.m offering $19 Budweiser beer buckets, $5 shots, $3 domestic drafts and two-for-one well drinks.
- Full story/details/info: National S’mores Day at PBR Rock Bar
Las Vegas Restaurant Week – Prix Fixe Dining At Top Restaurants Helps Hungry – Last Vegas Restaurant Week is back this year. From August 27 to September 2, 2012, locals and tourists can have the chance to feast at the cityÆs participating restaurants. The restaurant week offers menus at affordable prix fixe prices and it will help the Three Square Food Bank.
Interested diners can take part in Las Vegas Restaurant Week by visiting the participating restaurants and enjoying a prix fixe menu special for the week. Diners can choose from the delicious menu created by each restaurant which costs $20.12 to $50.12. A fixed portion of the proceeds will benefit the fight against hunger in Southern Nevada and the Three Square.
- Full story/details/info: Prix Fixe Dining At Top Restaurants Helps Hungry
Maverick Wind Dancer Sunset Landing Tour û Landing tour with Hors d’oeuvres on the Canyon Floor. Birds eye view of Lake Mead and Hoover Dam. Get a close look at the extinct volcano Fortification Hill. Keep an eye out for wildlife along the way. Descend deep into the Grand Canyon and land on the Hualapai Indian territory on the canyon floor for a champagne toast, beverages and hors d’ oeuvres in the heart of this spectacular wonder of the world.
Jeff Civillico by Terri D’ Richards
Jeff Civillico – Comedy In Action – If you were to cross-breed Jim Carrey with a Ninja Warrior and throw in a unicycle you might come up with Jeff Civillico. The afternoon show, perfect for an adult respite from the usual Las Vegas Strip activities, as well as pleasing for the 18 and under crowd, features CivillicoÆs impressive juggling prowess. Add to that, his unique brand of energetic comedy and things are bound to get a little crazy for a 2:00pm show û good crazy that is.
Chippendales by Sarah Jane Woodall
Chippendales – The Gold Standard Of Male Revues – Vegas is the perfect city for a show that encourages its audience to loosen up and shed their inhibitions. The minute your plane touches down at McCarran, you already feel a little more relaxed, a little saucier û and ready to get a little wild! ItÆs no wonder the city is home to so many strip clubs and risquÚ revues; Vegas is all about sensory indulgence. But men arenÆt the only ones catered to û there are also a host of male striptease shows for us ladies!
What We’re Watching – Vegas Videos You’ll Enjoy
- Liberace Museum – He was known as Mr. Showmanship. The legendary pianist, Liberace, dazzled his audience with charisma, flashy costumes, cars and of courseàsome big time bling. The Liberace Museum is no longer open, but if you never got a chance to visit (or even if you did), enjoy this video tour.
- Meet the Chef – Wynn/Encore Executive Pastry Chef Pierre Gatel – Wynn Las Vegas & Encore’s Executive Chef Pierre Gatel, demonstrates how he creates one of his deliciously elegant tropical desserts… the “Exotic in Transparence”.
- PJ Clarks At Forum Shops In Caesars – Classic cocktails, seafood, steaks, and bar food with New York style.
- Rediscover Downtown Las Vegas! – We’ve been telling you in bits and pieces about all of the amazing things happening Downtown Las Vegas. Enjoy this video overview and tour of the revitalization of Downtown Las Vegas!
We love to hear from you, and value your feedback! Here’s how to participate:
- Want to comment on a current reader post? Use the comment box on that particular web page. Many of the stories we post also have comment boxes at the end of the story. Make your voice heard!
- Drop us an email at AccessVegas@AccessVegas.com – We read them all!
- Call our recorded comment line at 702-507-0055. We listen to every call.
More Las Vegas News – Shows – Events
- No room for drama in Planet Hollywood’s ‘Surf the Musical’Book Surf The Musical Las Vegas Tickets Now
- Diane Palm keeps the showgirls of æJubilee!Æ at the right height and in lineBook Jubilee Las Vegas Tickets Now
- Taylor Hicks paces set with dynamic highs and lowsBook Taylor Hicks Las Vegas Tickets Now
- Top 5 Most Luxurious Las Vegas Suites and Villas (with video)
- Vegas strip mall marks ‘groundbreaking’ (with video)
- Coins In The Miracle Mile Shops Fountain Benefit Boys & Girls Club In August 2012
- Simon Revamps Menu With New Savory EntrÚe And Sweet Dessert Options
- Conventions in Vegas often stay in Vegas
- Museum’s ‘Lost Vegas’ exhibit pays tribute to imploded properties
- Las Vegas Building Is Made from 500,000 Beer Bottles Consumed on the Strip
- Three years of fame has changed the life of Corey Harrison of æPawn StarsÆ
- Spirit Airlines To Vegas: A Once in a Lifetime Experience
- Krave moving downtown, expanding into æworldÆs largest gay nightclubÆ
- Fewer Las Vegas homeowners underwater on mortgages
- Las Vegas sees slight, steady increase in visitors
- Where to Enjoy Afternoon Tea in Las Vegas
- After Harmon is imploded, what will take its place at CityCenter?
- Be prepared for a little confusion about where to go for airport arrivals, departures
- Top 3 Best Low Roller Places to Gamble Downtown
- Why McCarran can handle extreme heat that causes grief for pilots elsewhere
- Las Vegas-based æSay Yes to the DressÆ pilot in the works
- BallyÆs to anchor this fallÆs World Food Championships
- Michael Mina plans new restaurant for MGM Grand
- Coolican measures how far downtown has to go, one step at a time
- An easy solution to Echelon eyesore
- Caesars to pay $100,000 fine to settle under-age gambling, alcohol charges
- Echelon gets more time, but beautification planned
- Nevada jobless rate steady, valley’s numbers up
- Le Thai a perfect – and delicious – fit for Fremont East
- Smith Center’s opening night to be featured in PBS special
- Waddell’s exit leads changes at KLAS-TV
- The Ridges village nears completion