AccessVegas.com Insider Vibe
Serving Las Vegas Visitors and Residents Since 1999
Welcome to the Insider Vibe! This is the official newsletter of AccessVegas.Com. We talk about the Las Vegas activities you really care about.
Send feedback to AccessVegas@AccessVegas.com
Share the info: Click to Email this newsletter to a friend! Missed an issue? Click to Read Back Issues Online.
This newsletter is published exclusively for visitors to AccessVegas.Com To subscribe, visit our Newsletter Site.
AccessVegas.com Quick Info Menu:
Las Vegas Essentials
Newkirk’s Notes – comments on Las Vegas from AccessVegas.Com publisher Ted Newkirk:
Hello From Las Vegas! – I’m going to be MIA (from the newsletter) this week as we’re in the thick up prepping the major upgrades to AccessVegas.com. I will be off-and-on for the next couple months. However, I should return next issue with my insider insights. And as always, we still have a newsletter packed with the Las Vegas information you need to know!
Plus, we’re going to do right by you. We’re proud to have Jersey Boys back on board as an advertiser. With their move to Paris Las Vegas, they’ve cooked up something special just for us: Right now, you can book Jersey Boys Las Vegas tickets and save $40 per ticket. But, you have to do it through us. This is for our readers and their friends and family and associates.
How to book with the discount: Head on over to
Jersey Boys Paris Las Vegas $40 Ticket Savings
When you go to book, enter the code 40ACCESS when prompted in the purchase process. You’re good to go, with some extra gambling money in your pocket courtesy of us and Jersey Boys!
If you want to share this with others via email, simply send them to this newsletter page or send them the easy link http://x.co/hY8A so they can save. If you participate in any online forums, travel discussion, travel ratings sites (TripAdvisor, etc), you can also use the URL (link) to share this information with them.
Enjoy This Issue!
Associate Editor: Amy Rayner-Cooley
News Researcher/Editor: Rick Ziegler
Skip the airport taxi hassles and arrive at your hotel in style:
The Rat Pack is Back! Steps into KISS Boots for Original Rat Packer û Joey BishopÆs 94th Birthday! – Photo Cut Line: In commemoration of Joey BishopÆs birthday, The Rat Pack is Back! brings a touch of nostalgia to the official KISS boots that are currently touring Las Vegas in celebration of the upcoming opening of KISS by Monster Mini Golf on March 15, 2012. Photo ® Erik Kabik/ RETNA/ erikkabik.com. The Rat Pack is Back! paired their signature coiffed look with KISSÆ signature striking boots to celebrate the 94th birthday of famous Rat Packer, Joey Bishop.
- Full story/details/info: Rat Pack is Back! Steps into KISS Boots
- Buy Tickets Now: The Rat Pack Is Back
Comme Ca Introduces New Spring Items To Seasonal Menu – As the spring season evokes ideas of renewal, so does Comme ÃaÆs new seasonal menu created by acclaimed Chef David Myers and Executive Chef Brian Howard. This spring, the celebrated French brasserie at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas will roll out a new menu that incorporates the freshest ingredients of the season with new culinary concepts. New hors dÆoeuvres introduced to the menu include a delicate Crab Salad made with preserved lemon, espelette, garlic chips and locally grown mustard greens; as well as Grilled Octopus garnished with charred spring onion and a warm chili vinaigrette.
- Full story/details/info: Comme Ca Introduces New Spring Items To Seasonal Menu
NASCAR Fans Get Fired-Up As SamÆs Town 300 Returns To Las Vegas March 8-10 – Boyd Gaming Kicks Off NASCAR Weekend With Appearances By Nationwide And Sprint Cup Drivers – NASCAR Weekend is one of the most anticipated events on the Las Vegas calendar, and Boyd Gaming Corporation is once again revving up for the 15th annual SamÆs Town 300 at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Ahead of the March 10 race, Boyd Gaming properties will be offering a variety of unique experiences designed to appeal to NASCAR fans of all ages. On Thursday, March 8, fans are invited to several free events with exclusive chances to get up close and personal with five-time NASCAR Sprint Cup champion Jimmie Johnson, and third-generation NASCAR driver and champion Dale Earnhardt, Jr.
- Full story/details/info: NASCAR Fans Get Fired-Up As SamÆs Town 300 Returns To Las Vegas
- Buy Tickets Now: Sam’s Town 300
Celebrity Colorist Michael Boychuck Introduces Happy Hour At Color Salon – Guests Can Enjoy æMakeup And MimosasÆ From 2 To 4 P.M. Daily – Leading Las Vegas salon owner, Michael Boychuck, proves that happy hour specials are not only good for the best drink deals in Sin City with the launch of æMakeup and MimosasÆ at his acclaimed salon, COLOR – a Salon by Michael Boychuck at Caesars Palace. The full-service salon now offers a daily happy hour special from 2 to 4 p.m. Clients may bask in the most opulent salon experience as they get pampered by the cityÆs most elite beauty professionals. Guest may also indulge in complimentary mimosas provided by the salon during their services.
- Full story/details/info: Celebrity Colorist Michael Boychuck Introduces Happy Hour
American Burger Works Delivers The Ultimate Hamburger Joint At Excalibur – ABXÆs (American Burger Works) juicy burgers and authentic, crispy Belgium French fries will be served with a delicious complement: 15 flavorful dipping sauces. Some innovative favorites include bacon-mustard, cheddar cheese, chili-cilantro sour cream and Jack DanielÆs ketchup. Hot and spicy aficionados will love the horseradish cocktail sauce and spicy Sriracha ketchup. The sauces transform classic items with sophisticated flavors that will keep guests coming back for more. ”ItÆs all about the sauce,” added Michael Frey, managing partner at Drive This! Entertainment. ”The sauces create 15 different tastes and flavor profiles so that guests can really make their burger and fries their own.”
- Full story/details/info: American Burger Works Delivers The Ultimate Hamburger Joint At Excalibur
Lupo By Wolfgang Puck Invites Guests To Discover Italy With Executive Chef Eduardo Perez – New Prix-Fixe Menu Rich In Italian Tradition – Lupo by Wolfgang Puck has introduced a new five-course, prix-fixe menu inspired by Chef Eduardo PerezÆ recent trips to Italy. The ”Discover Italy” dinner menu is priced at $60 per person (excluding beverage, tax and gratuity) and features authentic Italian flavors and ingredients. During his annual culinary explorations through the country, Chef Perez researched and developed new dishes by studying the culture, food and cooking techniques of celebrated Italian chefs in world-renowned restaurants. These chefs include Michelin-starred Chef Gaetano Trovato of ”Arnolfo” in Tuscany, Chef Maurilio Garola of ”La Ciau del Tornavento” near Alba and Chef Gian Nicola Colucci at ”Hotel Danieli” in Venice.
- Full story/details/info: Lupo By Wolfgang Puck Invites Guests To Discover Italy
Bellagio Gallery Of Fine Art Presents ”Claude Monet: Impressions Of Light” – New Exhibition Showcases 28 Works From The Museum Of Fine Arts, Boston – Organized in partnership with the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston (MFA), this landmark exhibition will feature works that illustrate the height of Claude MonetÆs engagement with color and light. BGFA showcases 20 pieces by Monet, the founder of French Impressionist painting, accompanied by eight additional canvases by the masterÆs predecessors and contemporaries. All of these works are drawn from the MFA, which holds one of the largest collections of paintings by Claude Monet outside of Paris.
- Full story/details/info: Bellagio Gallery Of Fine Art Presents Claude Monet: Impressions Of Light
Wind Dancer Sunset Landing Tour û Landing tour with Hors d’oeuvres on the Canyon Floor. Birds eye view of Lake Mead and Hoover Dam. Get a close look at the extinct volcano Fortification Hill. Keep an eye out for wildlife along the way. Descend deep into the Grand Canyon and land on the Hualapai Indian territory on the canyon floor
Click To Book Wind Dancer Sunset Landing Tour Now!
Members Mania – We Love Our Readers!
Members Mania returns next issue.
We love to hear from you, and value your feedback! Here’s how to participate:
- Want to comment on a current reader post? Use the comment box on that particular web page. Many of the stories we post also have comment boxes at the end of the story. Make your voice heard!
- Drop us an email at AccessVegas@AccessVegas.com – We read them all!
- Call our recorded comment line at 702-507-0055. We listen to every call.
More Las Vegas News – Shows – Events
- Show & Tell: Meet ‘Peepshow’s’ Quinn Kingston-Spencer
- The Stratosphere Casino, Hotel, And Tower Announces Race Week 2012 Activities
- Staging carefully crafted to not overpower singing in Celine Dion show
- Madame Tussauds unveiling wax Celine Dion figure
- Carlos Santana to headline at Vegas House of Blues
- Interview: Matt Goss performs at the Gossy Room inside Ceasars
- NASCAR Fans Will Race Down To PBR Rock Bar And Grill For Dining Specials And Open Bar
- NASCAR Drivers Making a Pit Stop for Charity at Riviera
- NASCAR Organizers: Illegally Parked Cars will be Towed
- Reality Television Program Showcases Las Vegas Strip Police (with video)
- Las Vegas home to burgeoning Tequila industry (with video)
- Occupy Las Vegas cleans up camp as permit expires (with video)
- Las Vegas celebrates Oscar night at the Palms (with video)
- Weightless in Las Vegas: Tourists spend big bucks for a wild experience (with video)
- Local Cirque Du Soliel performers put on a show at the Oscars (with video)
- Kicking Off Restaurant Week (with video)
- Mob Archive: Who Tried to Kill Frank Lefty Rosenthal? (with video)
- Las Vegas Could Attract Medical Tourists (with video)
- Book Chronicles Bizarre Requests Made to Las Vegas Concierges (with video)
- Gun Range Opens in Las Vegas (with video)
- Ri Ra Las Vegas Celebrates One Year Anniversary And St. PatrickÆs Day With Two-Day Festival
- Irish Stew Cook Off Added To St. PatrickÆs Day Festivities In Henderson
- Cabo Wabo Cantina Celebrates St. PatrickÆs Day With A Mexican Twist
- Celebrate St. PatrickÆs Day with Live Bands and Specials at J.C. WooloughanÆs Inside JW Marriott
- Reality Television Program Showcases Las Vegas Strip Police
- Caesars Palace Hosts Second Annual Hoops and HoldÆem Poker Series
- M Resort Spa Casino Hosts Rock The Shamrock Whiskey Tasting
- Tacos And Tequila Goes South Of The Border With Spring Break 2012 Specials
- Wolfgang PuckÆs Postrio Bar And Grill Launches New Weekend Brunch Menu
- 2011 Brings Second Highest Visitor Count In Las Vegas History, Record Targeted In 2012
- PBR Rock Bar And Grill To Serve As Official Headquarters For Mountain West Conference With Specials
- Station CasinosÆ March House Free Entertainment
- Inside A Room At The Orleans
- Las Vegas’ hotel supervisor tells all in Reddit Q & A
- For startups, Las Vegas is a beautifully clean slate
- Boyd sues over ruling that it must pay tax on comped meals
- MGM Resorts Posts Narrower Loss as Strip Gambling Recovers
- Is Downtown’s Mob Museum Worth A Visit?
- Las Vegas Revamping Its Reputation as a City for the Arts
- 6 Lessons for Surviving Las Vegas
- Flamingo’s FAB rooms vs. GO rooms – It’s not even close
- Riviera Aiming To Give Gamblers On The Strip The Best Odds
- For $16.5 Million, A Zany Las Vegas Compound With A Shooting Range And Underground Wine Cave
- Nevada issues rules for driverless cars
- Sammy Hagar Talks Up New Rum at Planet Hollywood
- A Near Hit – Former Mayor Oscar GoodmanÆs steak house doesnÆt quite æmeatÆ expectations
- The Clotted Artery of Interstate 15
- The Two-Year Turnaround – How long does it take for a newcomer to fall for this town?
- Vegas Has Culture – Museums of Las Vegas
- Our Night At Monte Carlo
- We Know Exactly What Your Favorite Cocktail Is Missing: Bacon
- Act Out Your Call Of Duty, Clint Eastwood Fantasies At Guns And Ammo
- Double-decker bus firm expanding Vegas business
- Nevada’s 2011 jobless rate pegged at 13.5 percent
- Foundation Pouring Starts Thursday for Skyvue Wheel
- Marine wins $2.9 million jackpot, credits karma
- New farmer’s market launches in downtown Las Vegas
- Lineup announced for annual sports and music festival
- Arts community demanding spotlight in Las Vegas
- New Smith Center packs plenty of ‘wow factor’
- After 15 years, GameWorks closing on Strip, and looking for new location to serve locals
- Time will tell if Smith Center keeps winning numbers game
- Las Vegas? Family-family? Not so much.
- Monet paintings lead Impressionist exhibit at Bellagio Gallery
- Tommy Wind blends music with magic
- Bird-watchers flock to Henderson preserve
- Major carriers falter, but smaller players fill gaps in McCarran air travel
- Machine-gun ranges thrive locally letting visitors spray bullets for play
- Main lender for Hooters Hotel to become owner No related links found