Serving Las Vegas Visitors and Residents Since 1999
Welcome to the Insider Vibe! This is the official newsletter of AccessVegas.Com. We talk about the Las Vegas activities you really care about.
AccessVegas.com Quick Info Menu:
Las Vegas Essentials
Seasonal Vegas Information
Photos and Wallpaper
Newkirk’s Notes – comments on Las Vegas from AccessVegas.Com publisher Ted Newkirk:
Hello From Las Vegas! Most of you are receiving this over on Christmas Eve or over the Christmas weekend, and I want to wish all of you a Merry Christmas and happy holiday season. We’ve been on the job and have all the latest news and Las Vegas information — plus a BIG jackpot winner — to tell you about.
All Fogged In – We had a full week of clouds and rain. I mean nearly constant rain and drizzle with complete cloud cover. If you were visiting, take solace in the fact that you saw a rare sight here in Las Vegas during some of the extremely low clouds: The towers of the Las Vegas Strip vanishing up into the clouds!
News Editor Rick Ziegler and I were headed east on Sahara just past Valley View a few nights ago, and he says to me: Where is the Stratosphere? Usually it towers over that area. After looking really hard, we could barely see the bottom of the tower column as it vanished into the clouds. A couple more blocks and we looked over to see the Encore tower similarly shrouded, with the top few floors totally engulfed in the fog. Pretty cool (and extremely rare) to see!
On Tuesday, Dec. 21, Planet Hollywood Las Vegas guest Dorothy Reynolds won $2,948.494.50 on the progressive WMS Gaming penny slot machine, ôWizard of Oz.ö Reynolds travels to Las Vegas twice a year with her husband, Don. This week-long trip, she is also joined by daughter and son-in-law, Jill and Gary Crosswhite, six grandchildren and one great-grandchild. Read The Exciting Details…
The Holidays Continue In Las Vegas – Boyz II Men continue their Las Vegas holiday show at the Flamingo through January 9, 2011. Click for tickets and to watch a video of Boyz II Men singing Let It Snow
I leave you with a couple of shots from last year’s Bellagio Gardens Christmas Display (which will be on display this year through the new year):
If you missed our Las Vegas New Year’s Eve tips, make sure to read Las Vegas New Years Eve Fireworks Info and Insider Party Tips
Enjoy This Issue!
Associate Editor: Amy Rayner-Cooley
News Researcher/Editor: Rick Ziegler
Primm Valley Golf Club Tees Up With Lavish $59 Winter Golf Special – Primm Valley Golf Club capitalizes on the desert climate and year-round golf weather with the new Winter Golf Getaway offer. For $59 per person, the package includes:
ò One-night stay at Primm Valley Casino Resorts
ò One round of golf at one of two award-winning Tom Fazio-designed Primm courses, the Lakes Course or the Desert Course
ò 50 minute treatment of your choice including Fusion Stone Massage, Caribbean Hand Therapy, Botanical Skin Resurfacing and more at The Spa at Primm, a 13,000-square-foot Aveda retreat
ò One steak and lobster dinner at GP’s, the fine dining steakhouse
ò Two free drinks at the golf course
- Full story/details/info: Primm Valley Golf Club Winter Golf Special
Cigar Ambassador At Your Service – Casa Fuente Introduces Embajadora de la Casa Rathna Singh – Visitors to Casa Fuente inside the Forum Shops at Caesars Palace have something in addition to magnificent cigars and exotic cocktails to enjoy as the cigar bar & lounge now features an Embajadora de la Casa. Serving as ambassador and guide to everything Casa Fuente is Rathna Singh. From helping pick out the perfect cigar for every palate to pairing an aged scotch to sip on, Rathna is the key to enjoying the Casa Fuente experience. Versed in the history of the Fuente family and an aficionado of the cigar collection at Casa Fuente, Rathna has been immersed in everything cigar related at the bar since moving to Las Vegas from her native Fiji Islands.
- Full story/details/info: Casa Fuente Introduces Embajadora de la Casa Rathna Singh
The Palazzo Las Vegas Celebrates The Holiday Season With Woodland-Inspired Winter DÚcor And Festive Seasonal Cocktails – The Palazzo Las Vegas celebrates the holiday season with a natural woodland-inspired winter display and festive holiday cocktails.
- Full story/details/info: The Palazzo Las Vegas Kicks-Off The Holiday Season With Woodland-Inspired Winter DÚcor And Festive Seasonal Cocktails
Fantasy Extends Contract With Luxor Through 2011 – Resort’s Adult Revue Celebrates 11 Years – Luxor’s steamy adult revue, has extended its contract with the resort through 2011. Celebrating its 11th successful year on The Strip, the high-quality production has shaped itself into one of Las Vegas’ leading topless shows. Created and produced by Anita Mann, FANTASY is constantly striving to raise the bar in Las Vegas entertainment with fresh choreography, appealing dancers and dynamic leading performers. New star Lorena Peril adds an exciting and unforgettable element to the long-running production with her fiery personality, exotic beauty and powerhouse vocals.
- Full story/details/info: Fantasy Extends Contract With Luxor Through 2011
- Buy Tickets Now: Fantasy Las Vegas Tickets
The Return Of The Beloved Tradition, The Miss America Parade – The Parade To Take Place Friday, Jan. 14, 2011 At Paris Las Vegas – The Miss America Organization has announced the highly-anticipated return of a beloved tradition, the Miss America Parade, renamed the “DSW Show Us Your Shoes Parade” presented by DSW Designer Shoe Warehouse! The parade will be hosted by the incomparable Robin Leach, who will serve as Master of Ceremonies.
- Full story/details/info: The Miss America Parade To Take Place At Paris Las Vegas
Rockhouse Brings Its Own Series Of Beer Pong To Vegas With The ‘Rockhouse Cup’ – Rockhouse has never had a problem being second best and this January the only ultra-dive bar on the Strip will turn the losers of the world’s biggest beer pong tournament into winners at ‘The Rockhouse Cup.’ On Tuesday, January 4, Rockhouse will give drop-out beer pong aficionados the chance to compete in a second chance tournament to win $5,000 in cash.
- Full story/details/info: The ‘Rockhouse Cup’ – Rockhouse Beer Pong
Valley Of Fire Buggy Tour û Drive a buggy on an off-road adventure through the dramatic red rock formations of the Valley of Fire. View spectacular desert landscape on this exciting, but safe, half-day adventure. Only 2-seat buggys are offered on this tour. While you will occasionally encounter Big Horn sheep and other wildlife, the Valley of Fire is world renowned for its beautiful rock formations and red sand.
Members Mania – We Love Our Readers!
Members Mania (Readers Comments and Questions) is on hiatus until the first of the year. Now that weÆve been able to start increasing staffing levels, weÆll be bringing it back in a new, expanded format! In the meantime, we continue to welcome comments and questions to the email and phone line listed below.
We love to hear from you, and value your feedback! Here’s how to participate:
- Drop us an email at email@example.com – We read them all!
- Call our recorded comment line at 702-507-0055. We listen to every call.
More Las Vegas News – Concerts – Events
- Brad Garrett’s Comedy Club Namesake To Open New Club At Tropicana Las Vegas Tickets Now On Sale
- Vegas New Year’s show promised to be biggest yet (with video)
- Going global: Las Vegas revamps international tourism strategy (with video)
- Secretary of State pushing to make electronic employment verification mandatory in Nevada (with video)
- Condo Buyers Protest Cosmo’s Grand Opening- Condo Owners Haven’t Seen Units Yet (with video)
- Group Wants Tax Hike on Cigarettes (with video)
- Sean “Diddy” Combs Breaks Into 2011 With The Ultimate New Year’s Eve Weekend Celebration At LAX And Pure Nightclub – Clubgoers Are Invited To Let All Inhibitions Go At Las Vegas’ Sexiest New Year’s Eve Weekend Bash
- Hash House A Go Go Announces Christmas Specials West Sahara Location Offers Turkey Dinner To Go Go For Christmas
- Lagasse’s Stadium At The Palazzo Is The Only Place On The Las Vegas Strip For In-Game Wagering
- Dolce Hotels And Resorts Selected To Rebrand And Manage Former Ritz-Carlton Lake Las Vegas – New Resort Scheduled To Open Early 2011
- 9 Group Membership Offers Exclusive Benefits And Amenities For Venues Inside Palms Casino Resort
- Forum Shops Las Vegas Fabulous Fashion Briefs And Forum Firsts…
- “Forgotten Man” Debuts On Shelves – Book Details The Life And Accomplishments Of Circus Circus’ Bill Bennett
- The Venetian And The Palazzo Las Vegas Receive AAA Five Diamond Ratings – The Largest Resort Complex In The World Pays Attention To The Smallest Details
- Casa Fuente Las Vegas Launches Destination D.R. Giveaway To Arturo Fuente Cigars In The Dominican Republic – Famed Las Vegas Cigar Bar Offering Dream Trip For Cigar Enthusiasts
- MGM Resorts International Named As Recipient Of 2010 Travel + Leisure Global Vision Award
- AlizÚ At The Top Of The Palms Brings Romance To New Heights This Valentine’s Day – Chef AndrÚ Rochat’s Recipe For Romance: Exquisite Meal And Spectacular View
- 9 Group Celebrates The Season Of Giving With Complimentary Admission To All Nightlife Venues
- Hash House A Go Go Announces New Year’s Eve Specials
- The Venetian And The Palazzo Celebrate 2011 In Style With Star-Studded And Exciting New YearÆs Eve Parties
- Pop Diva Rihanna Hosts Lavish New Year’s Eve Affair At Pure Nightclub, December 31
- Start The Year Off White At The Sinful Snow Ball At VooDoo Lounge At Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino – Winter Wonderland Hosted By WWE Diva And Playboy Model Taryn Terrell
- Hot chips will be hard to cash- Robber’s take from Bellagio might be $1.5 million
- Designer integrates Las Vegas into Cosmopolitan’s French restaurant
- CEO Unwin says resortÆs indie spirit, novel offerings will set the property apart
- Cosmopolitan standing out may be all in the packaging
- The Cosmopolitan- Q&A with CEO John Unwin
- Tiny touches make The Cosmo- Think gambling cabanas, three-story chandelier
- 214 people can make Cosmo home
- The Cosmopolitan offers just the right amount of ‘wow’
- Cosmopolitan a new jewel on The Strip ù especially that chandelier
- A fitting end to Vegas boom era
- For 20 years, Las Vegas had a love affair with the implosion
- Las Vegas’ Neon Boneyard highlights glitzy past
- Design challenges leave passers-by passing CityCenter by
- How to be a high roller, or pinch pennies, at Vegas’ sparkly new CityCenter
- CityCenter sees year of ups, downs
- Third Johnny Rockets Rolls Onto the Las Vegas Strip
- Taxpayers could be on the hook for failing public retirement system
- Nation’s economic recovery won’t lift Nevada from its fiscal slump until at least 2012
- The City of Las Vegas to Close for 1 Week
- Las Vegas’ economic recovery nearly worst in nation
- Las Vegas jobless rate inches up to 14.3 percent in November
- Kelso Depot could see a return of passenger trains
- Rainbow Basin offers a chance to see many fossils
- Once shunned by developers looking to make fast bucks on the outskirts, downtownÆs prospects have brightened