AccessVegas.com Insider Vibe
Serving Las Vegas Visitors and Residents Since 1999
Welcome to the Insider Vibe! This is the official newsletter of AccessVegas.Com. We talk about the Las Vegas activities you really care about.
Need to contact us? Send feedback to
Missed an issue? Click to Read Back Issues Online.
AccessVegas.com Quick Info Menu:
Las Vegas Essentials
Newkirk’s Notes – comments on Las Vegas from AccessVegas.Com publisher Ted Newkirk:
Hello From Las Vegas! – If you are a long-time reader (and if you are, thanks!), just a note that I hope to be back in the saddle with my sections by the end of summer (maybe sooner). You’ve heard that old adage about “the best laid plans…” and we bit off quite a few new plans over the past few months, bogging us down just a little bit. I’ve been very busy on other projects but really look forward to getting back to contributing here.
Just a reminder, we link to many of the stories that I’d pontificate on in the More section. True, my inside knowledge and comments aren’t there. But you can still click through and read the basic news stories and keep yourself up on what interests you.
We’re adding a new feature this week. We always list all coming concerts and headliners in the right sidebar. But, you don’t know which ones are new without reading through the entire thing. So… we’re also adding a new section with ONLY the performers whose tickets have gone on sale within the past week. That way, you know what is new.
The Philippines Flooding – Our hearts go out to our readers in The Philippines, where massive flooding has displaced 20,000 people and created havoc among hundreds of thousands more.
One of my hobbies is sitting at the airport viewing area on Sunset Road and watching planes land. It is always fun when we get lucky enough to watch that massive Philippines Airlines plane land. To all of you who fly upwards of hallway around the world (or longer) to visit us, we are very grateful.
Enjoy This Issue!
Associate Editor / News Researcher: Rick Ziegler
Concerts and Headliners: Amy Rayner-Cooley
31 Years Later, Bally’s Las Vegas Jubilee Showgirls Never Go Out Of Style – The last-standing exemplary showgirl show in the city celebrates its 31st anniversary today. Donn ArdenÆs Jubilee! at BallyÆs Las Vegas started in 1981 and still remains as an ultra-glamorous and iconic show. Bally’s Las Vegas Jubilee Showgirls is Las Vegas StripÆs longest-running show.
Special Drink And Cigar Pairing At Rhumbar Las Vegas for National Rum Day – RHUMBAR at The Mirage Hotel & Casino celebrates National Rum Day on Thursday, August 16, 2012. The Caribbean-inspired lounge offers guests with plenty of ôrum-runningö around the bar.
Guests will surely enjoy the buy-one-get-one Bacardi cocktails offered all day- perfect for the summer. Revelers may pair the Mirage Toro cigar, valued at $20, to any of the barÆs signature cocktails. Guests can also indulge themselves by trying the Three Citrus Cooler û a mix of Bacardi O, lemon, muddled grapefruit, orange, mint topped and bubbly lemon-lime soda.
- Full story/details/info: Special Drink And Cigar Pairing At Rhumbar for National Rum Day
PBR Rock Bar Las Vegas Does Labor Day Weekend With Barbecue And Beer – PBR Rock Bar & Grill at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino inside Miracle Mile Shops will celebrate Labor Day Weekend from Friday, August 31 to Monday, September 3 with beer and barbecue specials.
PBR Rock Bar & Grill offers 15 percent discount on its barbecue selections including the Ultimate Barbecue Chicken Quesadilla, Barbecue Burger, Memphis Style Barbecue Pork Sandwich and more. Revelers can also enjoy beer specials like Budweiser buckets valued at $19 while rocking out at the restaurant and the Strip-side bar. The famous mechanical bull challenge will surely let their hair fall freely in this challenge.
- Full story/details/info: PBR Rock Bar Does Labor Day Weekend
Maverick Canyon Dream Air and Land Tour û A 40-minute flight to the Grand Canyon South Rim aboard a Beechcraft 1900D aircraft starts your ultimate adventure. Upon landing, your excursion will begin with a seat on our state-of-the-art ECO-Star helicopter for an amazing 25-minute breathtaking helicopter experience over the Grand Canyon. As you soar above this natural wonder you will see beautiful scenery from the Kaibab National Forest, Tower of Ra and the mighty Colorado River. Ground transportation into the Grand Canyon National Park to enjoy the awe-inspiring vistas, panoramic overlooks and trails that can only be accessed from inside the park concludes your journey. Absorb the magnificence of the Grand Canyon and capture memories to last a lifetime as you enjoy a gourmet box lunch.
What We’re Watching – Vegas Videos You’ll Enjoy
- Caesars Palace Commercial Featuring Shania Twain And The New Nobu Hotel – Join us in the adventures of Logan, the bellhop at Caesars Palace as he delivers the spectacular including Shania Twain, Nobu Hotel, Celine Dion, Matt Gossand more.NOTE: We screwed up the link last time. To those of you who clicked to no avail, please enjoy it this time!
- Las Vegas 1992 – If you want to go back to the days before the bean counters completely wrecked Las Vegas… and “boutique” (what we’d call them today) casinos dotted The Strip… and The Frontier and Stardust and Sands were still going strong — oh, and before they put a canopy on Fremont Street– you’ll love this video. That was the Vegas that I moved to in 1993. Ed. Comments: Ted Newkirk
- Venetian’s 2011 Winter In Venice – Summer heat getting to you? Let’s look back at the Winter In Venice ice skating at The Venetian Las Vegas. Professional ice skaters took to the ice skating rink outside of the Palazzo and Venetian Las Vegas skating to Christmas favorites.
- Famous Food at Serendipity 3: Holy Huevos Rancheros – Serendipity 3’s (Caesars Palace Las Vegas) Chef Michael Wolf demonstrates how to make one of the restaurant’s signature breakfast dishes, Holy Huevos Rancheros, made with chorizo, black beans, tomatillo, avocado salsa, queso fresco, pico de gallo with 3 over easy eggs stacked high with tostadas.
We love to hear from you, and value your feedback! Here’s how to participate:
- Want to comment on a current reader post? Use the comment box on that particular web page. Many of the stories we post also have comment boxes at the end of the story. Make your voice heard!
- Drop us an email at AccessVegas@AccessVegas.com – We read them all!
- Call our recorded comment line at 702-507-0055. We listen to every call.
More Las Vegas News – Shows – Events
- Travis Cloer, Graham FentonÆs too good to be true lives as Frankie ValliBook Jersey Boys Las Vegas Tickets Now
- A peek inside æJubilee!Æ auditions of G-strings, high kicksBook Jubilee Las Vegas Tickets Now
- Budget-friendly ‘MJ Live!’ passable but lacks creativityBook MJ Live Las Vegas Tickets Now
- Louie Anderson shares the two sides of the coin called fameBook Louie Anderson Las Vegas Tickets Now
- Copperfield sparks excitement at magiciansÆ conventionBook David Copperfield Las Vegas Tickets Now
- A big milestone for a bigger divaBook Frank Marino’s Divas Las Vegas Tickets Now
- Las Vegas shows invading New YorkBook Las Vegas Show Tickets Now
- Domestic Airlines Readying For Terminal 3 Switch (with video)
- Five domestic airlines move to Terminal 3 at McCarran Airport (with video)
- The ‘Reign’ing Tribute Show Downtown Will Have You Partying Like It’s, Well, You Know (with video)
- BLM Releases Final Study on Vegas Water Pipeline (with video)
- Additional area code being considered for Las Vegas
- Japanese food goes modern at the WynnÆs Mizumi
- Ron RandazzoÆs 27 years of memories at Circus CircusÆ Steak House
- Mount CharlestonÆs recreational areas undergoing multimillion-dollar upgrades
- Negotiating Down a Table Limit
- WorldÆs Largest Nike Collection Comes to Las Vegas
- After Harmon is imploded, what will take its place at CityCenter?
- Neonopolis is Getting a Microbrewery
- The Hangover: How Las Vegas Explains the Past and Future of the Economy
- High drama at the World Pastry Team Championship
- Will Krave NightclubÆs Downtown move prove to be a success?
- DowntownÆs dining options are about to explode. Hungry?
- Las VegasÆ marketing machine seen as key to ousting NYC as top gay destination
- Casino president applies lessons learned on æUndercover BossÆ to MGM Grand renovation
- Las Vegas-based Allegiant Air acquiring more jets
- GM Ron RandazzoÆs 27 years of memories at Circus CircusÆ Steak House
- Fancy names aside, theyÆre still Ferris wheels
- Stratosphere restaurant going from tacos to steaks
- California-based sandwich shop chain, Togo’s, expanding to Las Vegas
- New York slot machines take a bigger beating than in Vegas
- Could a 22,000-square-foot market make Tivoli Village a must-visit destination?
- Forget food trucks: Hangover Heaven v. Wedding Wagon
- Reno Air Races receive boost from Nevada Department of Tourism
- $99 wedding option makes it quick, easy
- Former Sheriff Ralph LambÆs old-school manner inspires TV character
- Demolition work begins on old Las Vegas City Hall
- Italian gunmaker Beretta to open boutique at Palazzo
- Wayne Newton project financiers balk
- Judge’s ruling could delay implosion of Harmon Hotel
- Caesars fined for under-21 gambling
- Designer thinks Bond as theme for Ramsay restaurant workers
- Finding Las Vegas home is a real search
- New show based on ‘Area 51’ book
- Clark County Museum chief’s ‘Pawn Stars’ appearances boost visits
- Chumlee of ‘Pawn Stars’ stands ground in incident
- Resurgent Diceman sees himself as Rocky of comedy
- Museum’s ‘Lost Vegas’ exhibit pays tribute to imploded properties
- Though food fantastic, service problems an issue at Gordon Ramsay Steak
- æWine angelsÆ scale a four-story glass tower for the perfect Chardonnay
- Kids Count report puts Nevada last in education
- House hunter discovers cash is king in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas visitation back, rises 2.4 percent
Latest Concerts Added This Week!
There is no better place to see your favorite acts then in Las Vegas! You’re relaxed, can enjoy a fine meal, have some cocktails without the worry of driving, and no alarm is going to jar you awake all too early the next morning.
- Filter – August 11, 2012 Click for Tickets
- John Caparulo – August 11, 2012 Click for Tickets
- The Osmonds – August 11-12, 2012 Click for Tickets
- Kenny Cetera – August 17-18, 2012 Click for Tickets
- Bill Fayne and Friends – August 18-19, 2012 Click for Tickets
- Jay and the Americans – August 25-26, 2012 Click for Tickets
- UFC 151: Jones vs. Henderson – September 1, 2012 Click for Tickets
- Earl Turner – September 1-2, 2012 Click for Tickets
- Imagine Dragons – September 5, 2012 Click for Tickets
- Another Evening of Pop and Doo Wop – September 8, 2012 Click for Tickets
- Chris Tucker – October 13, 2012 Click for Tickets
- Craig Ferguson – September 13-15, 2012 Click for Tickets
- Yellowman – September 14, 2012 Click for Tickets
- Wayne Brady – September 15, 2012 Click for Tickets
- Charo – September 15-16, 2012 Click for Tickets
- Robert Randolph & the Family Band – September 20, 2012 Click for Tickets
- Luke Bryan – September 21, 2012 Click for Tickets
- Kevin James & Ray Romano – September 21-22, 2012 Click for Tickets
- Voices 3 – September 22-23, 2012 Click for Tickets
- Rock Vegas – September 28-29, 2012 Click for Tickets
- Christopher Titus – September 29-30, 2012 Click for Tickets
- Gary Lewis & The Playboys – September 29-30, 2012 Click for Tickets
- Melissa Etheridge – October 6, 2012 Click for Tickets
- Mac Miller – October 7, 2012 Click for Tickets
- Shpongle – October 12, 2012 Click for Tickets
- Dennis Miller – October 12-13, 2012 Click for Tickets
- Tony Orlando – October 19-21, 2012 Click for Tickets
- Taking Back Sunday – October 26, 2012 Click for Tickets
- Ralphie May – October 26-28, 2012 Click for Tickets
- The Temptations – October 27-28, 2012 Click for Tickets
- Trans-Siberian Orchestra – December 2, 2012 Click for Tickets
- Merle Haggard – December 7-8, 2012 Click for Tickets
- Charlie Daniels Band – December 9-10, 2012 Click for Tickets
- The Oak Ridge Boys – December 11-12, 2012 Click for Tickets
- Randy Travis – December 13-14, 2012 Click for Tickets